What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Discovered my life as a plant keeper has failed miserably because the person I assigned to take care of my fish did not turn out my T5HOs for a week... And turned on all FOUR BULBS MINUS CO2 when I instructed only two and flip the switch for CO2. I'm quite angry :)

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

You need timers :)

Instructions are easy with them.. Dump this and this in the tank. Don't touch anything else

Last edited by a moderator:
You need timers :)

Instructions are asy with them.. Dump this and this in the tank. Don't touch anything else

I have a $10 outside timer from Home Depot.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finished pond and just need to add fish and some more plants. Also I haven't gotten any money to help me get a new bulb for my cichlid tank (burned out). Annnnnnd my female ruby crystal peacock is definitely mouthbrooding, today is day three of the process.

Water changes in the shrimp tanks and Spec, did some work on plants. Biggest excitement is that I finally ordered my first Finnex light! It's for the Evolve 4, I'm just so tired of how dark that tank looks. Light should be here Sunday so I'll have to post before and after pics.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431736301.231927.jpg

Crayfish decided he's no longer afraid of the almighty sky finger and commenced trying to attack my hand. He got some Java moss and trying s. Repens though.

Caleb

Came home to find my aquaponics system decided to stop siphoning while I was gone, which in some ways is better than the alternative. I swore I had a dead fish. It's 1am and I can't find a dead one but the water is so cloudy from all the rotting food that even with my mag lighti can't see the bottom. Netted most the food I think and accidentally got some sluggish, but alive fish.

Edit: My confidence in fishy death was because the water reeks of dead fish. I replaced the pump with my back up because apparently that one doesn't have enough flow to get the job done. Indoor tank is doing just fine it appears.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lets play what's under our tanks!

40b

0eNmaL7.jpg

Came home to find my aquaponics system decided to stop siphoning while I was gone, which in some ways is better than the alternative. I swore I had a dead fish. It's 1am and I can't find a dead one but the water is so cloudy from all the rotting food that even with my mag lighti can't see the bottom. Netted most the food I think and accidentally got some sluggish, but alive fish.

Ugh, that's rough. How is it set up to work?

Ugh, that's rough. How is it set up to work?

Flood/drain media bed with a bell siphon.

I need to better tune the siphon and get a bigger pump, but I'm kind of lazy and have been siding with what works. This is a testament to the resilience of the common goldfish though.

Discovered my life as a plant keeper has failed miserably because the person I assigned to take care of my fish did not turn out my T5HOs for a week... And turned on all FOUR BULBS MINUS CO2 when I instructed only two and flip the switch for CO2. I'm quite angry :)

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

As mentioned, a timer might be of great help, walmart $5. Fish can go for awhile without eating too.

Snagged a 46g bow front with canopy for FREE. My shark will be happy in his new home :D

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras

Jealous 46 Bowfront is the best all around size tank! Good for most fish! Good "catch"!

Water changes in the shrimp tanks and Spec, did some work on plants. Biggest excitement is that I finally ordered my first Finnex light! It's for the Evolve 4, I'm just so tired of how dark that tank looks. Light should be here Sunday so I'll have to post before and after pics.

Please show pics or link the thread if you post it all elsewhere. I am interested to hear!

Basically... I had to fend him off while trying to plant stuff the whole time he wouldn't give up lol he got me one time and that sucker packs a punch! :D
Caleb

Big net in corner.

Ewww! I understand coming home to water quality disasters after being on vacation!!! Not a great thing especially because it is usually late and you are tired. Sorry to hear it was a problem! Not fun to come home to!

Well after thinking I was going to tip over from exhaustion last night, managed to move the new CPD's and the other's, nearly 20 into the 12G The baby Angel and young Blue Gularis Killifish are in there for a week, until I can rehome 2 Angelfish.

Since the rimless tank broke, it messed with my plans a little and those 2 fish will need to go into the 72G tank.

here is the pic of the tank before when it was new and pretty 5 months ago.

60074-albums14227-picture68012.jpg

Now it has the 12G Edge tank poised on top. Has 1/4 inch on each side, other wise not a bad looking set up. Too tired for pics.

So broke the 12G Rimless so I had to take the shrimp TT & BV out of the 12G Edge, cleaned it and substrate.

Took the fish from the 16G in a bucket and added the new fish from my friend.

Moved all the cords and 12G tank to the new stand and cleaned under and behind it all. Had to take out all the plants and stones and the big DW and All 40+ shrimp. Rinsed and added substrate. Put back a bunch of plants and the big DW.

Moved the 15G column to the cabinet stand and hated how the tank was too narrow for the stand. After 3 times looking over and seeing & disliking the combo, moved the cabinet out and the other stand back in - its a small butcher block and no cabinet drawers or doors to hold anything but it looked much better. That all required rerouting cords and tubing etc and transferring the other stuff to go with the appropriate tank. Ended up adding minerals to both the CPD's and Shrimp tanks.

Tied a 7" long Anubias Nana Petite to a long DW twig.

Then started filling the shrimp Column tank and it got more and more cloudy. Ran the filter w/o a pre filter sponge for almost an hour while I got everything ready.

Got everything plant wise that was left literally dropped into the 15G column with the shrimp. Still cloudy (did add the prefilter sponge so no shrimp would get sucked up).

Moved the acrylic stand to be beside the couch and put the Betta on it. Moved some snails to another tank from their bowl. Removed their little table and put the cabinet the tank was on there!

Moved the cooler which was leaking SW, changed into a bucket with the 4 big rocks that were left over from the SW transfer.

Nearly 7 hours later when I got up and looked, it was nice and clear, and so was the 12G. It didn't even look like anything had transition problems!!!

3 tanks (2 tanks and one bowl) gone in one day!

Gave reports to the 2 fish families on how the new guys were doing.

Called LFS and left a message about picking up my Rock Flower Anemone. Hoping he saved the 3 color one I told him I wanted!

Went to work.

All looked good when I got home. Much to my relief, as my dreaming last night was about them all being dead in the morning when I got up!!!

So far so good.

Checked my goldies this morning and all 8 are alive! If the water doesn't clear up by the end of the day I'll have to do a water change, but it's already much better than last night and now that the water is oxygenated and filtered the fish are less sluggish and doing better.

Nervously checked all my tanks after returning from a week long beach trip. Every fish and invert is accounted for. 7 days with no food BTW.

Now for feeding and water changes.
Been there done that. Glad everyone is ok!

46g Red tailed shark tank

Still prepping the 46g to hold my shark. Adding water tomorrow, gonna let it go through a mini cycle for a week, then add my little guy. Totally cleaning his 20g today.
Also day two of melafix treatment in my 10g. Did stress coat plus for 2 weeks now one week of melafix and my bettas fins will be gorgeous!
Also day 2 of fish less cycle of a 5g for my boyfriend's crayfish. Hopefully I'll start cycling my 10g breeding tank soon too! New tank days are among us!!

46g Red tailed shark tank

Moved my 306 canister intake and upgraded my spotlight to a 23watt cfl

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom