What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love a striped Raphael for my 55g cichlids tank, do you guys think it would work? You're the experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And I found two black neon tetra fry in my 10g, there are no other fish in the tank since a bacterial disease killed all the adults. I searched for more fry but couldn't find any more.

I would love a striped Raphael for my 55g cichlids tank, do you guys think it would work? You're the experts.

I think it could work but personal opinion, this is a nocturnal fish that WILL hide when the tank lights are on. It's very very shy.

You can have mine... I'm trying to get rid of it because I don't like fish that hide constantly even though he is very pretty. Funny thing was nothing in my research mentioned just how much they like to hide.

Caleb

I'm leaving in the morning for vacation for a week and I find this... My angel has a fungus of some sort... Lower portion near his anal area.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432322498.439391.jpg

Caleb

I'm leaving in the morning for vacation for a week and I find this... My angel has a fungus of some sort... Lower portion near his anal area.

View attachment 272700

Caleb

What are you planning to do?

I am having a frustration with my Clownfish. I added in an additional fish and then it seemed the fish had acclimated well and then nowhere to be found the next day. This has happened 2 times before. This fish I added with darkness and watched it carefully and so instead of thinking it is a fish not adjusting, I think I have Killer Clowns.

So the dilema is keep them or replace them.

Also my RFA was hiding behind some rocks for the last week or so and then looked very ill while it was trying to come out. It restuck to a new rock more out to the open. I fed it in between this so don't know now what else to do for it; it seems unwell. I gave it a turkey baster/target feed to see if that helps. I think it wasn't getting much food behind the rocks. It did open a little and seemed to close after the feeding. It is one of my most favorite things in the tank. If it dies I will be extremely sad about it.

Water parameters are good and the temp is at 78F.

Last edited:
What are you planning to do?

I am having a frustration with my Clownfish. I added in an additional fish and then it seemed the fish had acclimated well and then nowhere to be found the next day. This has happened 2 times before. This fish I added with darkness and watched it carefully and so instead of thinking it is a fish not adjusting, I think I have Killer Clowns.

So the dilema is keep them or replace them.

Also my RFA was hiding behind some rocks for the last week or so and then looked very ill while it was trying to come out. It restuck to a new rock more out to the open. I fed it in between this so don't know now what else to do for it; it seems unwell. I gave it a turkey baster/target feed to see if that helps. I think it wasn't getting much food behind the rocks. It did open a little and seemed to close after the feeding. It is one of my most favorite things in the tank. If it dies I will be extremely sad about it.

Water parameters are good and the temp is at 78F.

Hope the RFA finds the place it likes and colors up!

Honestly, I didn't do anything. I noticed it last night and I just left this morning. I had no meds and I didn't want to medicate a tank I couldn't be there to care for. If he is alright when I come back then I will quarantine and Medicate him.

Caleb

Trying to decide what fish to take to the LFS to sell. I was just originally taking all my red delta/snakeskin fry, then I figured I'd take both my older guppies too, and my platies, which were a dumb buy, and now I'm thinking about taking up my peppered cories to trade for some Julii but I'm not sure if they have any. Thoughts?

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Im apparently getting a 29g hexagon tank that my mom had when she was in first grade.

I dont know why my grandpa has held onto it all these years but *shrug*

Trying to decide what fish to take to the LFS to sell. I was just originally taking all my red delta/snakeskin fry, then I figured I'd take both my older guppies too, and my platies, which were a dumb buy, and now I'm thinking about taking up my peppered cories to trade for some Julii but I'm not sure if they have any. Thoughts?

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

You have been switching things around a lot. I would keep the Cories and add a few of the Julii to the group. Trade in Platties. Keep the Guppy producers if you think trading them in periodically can get you some credit towards things you would rather have.

Also maybe try and plan a stock list for the tank using aqadvisor. Then you can add and subtract without having to take them to the lfs. :lol:

Remember to QT.

Im apparently getting a 29g hexagon tank that my mom had when she was in first grade.

I dont know why my grandpa has held onto it all these years but *shrug*

Sounds special - like it should be a nano fish tank or Shrimp... or Dwarf Crayfish pair. In case you wanted any ideas, or a trio of Green snakeskin Guppies, it probably had Delta tail guppies back in the day!

Sent off a raok package.

Having a crazy long work day today so not too much fish fun.

Rock Flower Anemone in the SW tank is still looking saggy. :( The other one looks perfect, almost like it is smiling even. But it is on top of the rocks and didn't go and hide...

Had TT and BV shrimp coming over to my arm and hand when I was taking out the plants today, that was cute. One of the TT was crawling on my hand and fingers while I was moving over the MTS. Was concerned I was gonna pinch him!

You have been switching things around a lot. I would keep the Cories and add a few of the Julii to the group. Trade in Platties. Keep the Guppy producers if you think trading them in periodically can get you some credit towards things you would rather have.

Also maybe try and plan a stock list for the tank using aqadvisor. Then you can add and subtract without having to take them to the lfs. [emoji38]

Remember to QT.

Sounds special - like it should be a nano fish tank or Shrimp... or Dwarf Crayfish pair. In case you wanted any ideas, or a trio of Green snakeskin Guppies, it probably had Delta tail guppies back in the day!

Sent off a raok package.

Having a crazy long work day today so not too much fish fun.

Rock Flower Anemone in the SW tank is still looking saggy. :( The other one looks perfect, almost like it is smiling even. But it is on top of the rocks and didn't go and hide...

Had TT and BV shrimp coming over to my arm and hand when I was taking out the plants today, that was cute. One of the TT was crawling on my hand and fingers while I was moving over the MTS. Was concerned I was gonna pinch him!
Apparently she kept a telescope goldfish named bubbles in it :D

Got my angelfish to eat from my hand finally! And been tinkering with my ro/di unit, darn thing been a leaking on me

No such luck. This tank needs some loving.

Did i hear something about under gravel filters? This one is over 30 years old! :D

uploadfromtaptalk1432419398775.jpg

Hah mine came with one too! It crumbled when I pulled it from the tank. I would do some measurements, i think that could be bigger than 30 gallons. My 65 is 24" from flat panel to flat panel, like 28" point to point and 30.5" tall.

Jesse

Pygmy cories!! (Squee!) I got six, they're adorable, as are my new RCS. Super excited for them all to grow up and go in my big tank!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Hah mine came with one too! It crumbled when I pulled it from the tank. I would do some measurements, i think that could be bigger than 30 gallons. My 65 is 24" from flat panel to flat panel, like 28" point to point and 30.5" tall.

Jesse

It's 18" pane to pane and 24" tall.

I am having a problem. Right now, in my bedroom there is a tank that is a 20g high. Hanging over that tank is a light powerful enough for a reef. In that 20g I currently have plants, a betta, a ton of neocaradina shrimp, and some neon tetras.

Here are my options:

1 - Ditch the 20g and replace it with my hex tank. Potentially putting an angel or two in there and keeping it heavily planted. I have an understocked 40b planted tank that the neons would go into.

2 - Tear down he 20g and put the Hex tank there. Place my betta in my 3g salt water tank and turn the hex into a LPS reef.

3 - Keep the planted 20g as is and find another place to put the hex tank.

Back
Top Bottom