What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally tracked down a Senegal Bichir locally that wasn't utterly expensive. My usual LFS has an albino senegal (ugly) for $15, Endlicheri for $38 and a long fin senegal for $42. The other LFS has large regular senegals for $20 but won't eat pellets. Petsmart has been out of stock on them in town, so I drove 20 minutes to the next town over and grabbed this one for $8.xx. S/he is right at 3" and has already been eating flake food when I fed the tank this morning

Jesse

Finally tracked down a Senegal Bichir locally that wasn't utterly expensive. My usual LFS has an albino senegal (ugly) for $15, Endlicheri for $38 and a long fin senegal for $42. The other LFS has large regular senegals for $20 but won't eat pellets. Petsmart has been out of stock on them in town, so I drove 20 minutes to the next town over and grabbed this one for $8.xx. S/he is right at 3" and has already been eating flake food when I fed the tank this morning

Jesse

Forgot the Photo!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432482530.759871.jpg

Jesse

did a good spring cleaning tore apart all the power heads , skimmer , sump ect , cleaned all the motors , replaced all propellers , cleaned all plastic parts , also tore apart lights to get all the accumulating dust build up out of the fans , took off the ato unit as it kept over flowing need to figure out what caused it ,
lost my hamlet as he went on a hunger strike , he never showed any signs of illness no sign of ick or anything else water parameters where perfect this one just confused me ,
he 's only been gone 12hrs and I miss him already

Nice! She will be a beast soon enough. After reading how slowly they grow I was surprised when mine grew as quickly as she did. From 3" to about 10-11" currently in about six months.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sweet I hope mine grows quickly. I want to put it with new world cichlids but I'm afraid my JD will think he's a worm right now haha

Jesse

Apparently she kept a telescope goldfish named bubbles in it :D

That's adorable, and it had the correct amount of space.

In 1981/1982 I had a Blue Oranda but it was probably in a 2-3G "fish Bowl" I just didn't know...:nono:

Option 2 or modified version. If you can grow lps, then use the light for its true value.

Considering moving all the shrimp from the 15G to the 6.6G Edge, also found someone with a 12G tall edge tank so am looking at that possibility.

Looking at ordering some new Chilis and also some Microdevario kubotai to add some color and activity in the upper area of the tank.

Also wondering if the CPD might like the shape of the 6.6G Edge better, trying to figure a combination which will help them feel more comfortable.

got feeder tank up and running , I ordered live shrimp for my hamlet to entice him to eat again , than he died now I have a few hundred feeder shrimp coming , I'd feed them to my clowns
and other fish but they are a little to big for them , I want a yellow and a blue hamlet this time , there great when you teach them it's ok to take food from my hand ,

got feeder tank up and running , I ordered live shrimp for my hamlet to entice him to eat again , than he died now I have a few hundred feeder shrimp coming , I'd feed them to my clowns
and other fish but they are a little to big for them , I want a yellow and a blue hamlet this time , there great when you teach them it's ok to take food from my hand ,

Are they like Ghost shrimp or different?

Are they like Ghost shrimp or different?

There about the size of your pinky bent , almost the size of a small deli shrimp I forgot the name of them they have a blueish tint to them
was going to get tiny mysiss too but they were out
just started a culture of brine should hatch tomorrow
better go find the tank divider for the brine to keep them in a easy place to suck up in turkey baster

ordered new tops for the 90g there glass but they have a big vent in the center of them ,
it's nice to have glass tops again best part these breath they were a little pricey for the pair but I think they are worth it, ordered these out of a pet store in California that I came across there web site,

also ordered new sand again to replace sand in tank again , to rid white hair once and for all , I discovered the source that caused the out break , it was the charcoal I added in my sump , for now on chemi pure only ,

I gave away my guppies to a friend from my red cherry tank. Then I moved my 7 exclamation rasboras from the 5.5g with the blue pearl shrimp to the said 20long with my red cherry shrimp because I ordered some tangerine tiger shrimp to go in the 5.5 with the blue pearl.

Tomorrow I will be going to a LFS to get more of the rasboras to bump up the school since they have a lot of room

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Did my weekly water change, and when I cleaned my skimmer I found a dead otocinclus :( I cleaned the skimmer earlier in the week too. Down from 5 otos to now 2 or maybe 3. Only had 2 KIA with 1 MIA presumably KIA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have two Mystery snails in my 29g tank, one of which who is super active and the other whom has always been lazy in comparison. The lazy one stopped moving nearly 3 weeks ago and I was tempted to remove and toss it. Anyone who has ever had a snail die knows the SMELL that comes from it. This snail has no smell at all, and even though I never seen it open or close it's trap door I decided to leave it alone until the smell arrived. Fast forward almost 3 weeks later and look who is making a return! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432581597.343309.jpg

Jesse

I have two Mystery snails in my 29g tank, one of which who is super active and the other whom has always been lazy in comparison. The lazy one stopped moving nearly 3 weeks ago and I was tempted to remove and toss it. Anyone who has ever had a snail die knows the SMELL that comes from it. This snail has no smell at all, and even though I never seen it open or close it's trap door I decided to leave it alone until the smell arrived. Fast forward almost 3 weeks later and look who is making a return! View attachment 272813

Jesse

Walking Dead!!! Sometimes they just need some rest period. I had one which got some salt damage when it got into some somewhat concentrated stream of salt water getting poured in a tank I was treating for ick. After a few weeks it was good as new.

Ok, Fed every one, trying to pamper my Rock Flower Anemone with extra food, Oysterfeast... Because of this I will need to do an additional pwc in the morning. Everything else in the tank seems extra happy too.

Noticed that the CPD's are much more active without the light on. Considering some floating stems as the 12G Edge tank has a glass top with water touching it; floating plants won't work and still have the effect of the Edge cube of water. Hmmmm, think I will move the long piece of Elodea over there.

Trying to buy an extra 12G Fluval Edge from someone and I can't seem to get a return email from them. Hopefully they are just out camping in the mountains for the holiday. Long work day ahead..

Walking Dead!!! Sometimes they just need some rest period. I had one which got some salt damage when it got into some somewhat concentrated stream of salt water getting poured in a tank I was treating for ick. After a few weeks it was good as new.

I am now referring to it as Snail Van Winkle

Jesse

I got an entire CASE of clarity(free). What do I do with this stuff? Lol. And got some interesting bio media meant for planting pond plants.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom