What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The three golden white cloud mountain minnows are getting along great with the two baby black neons even though the neons are a fourth their size.

Trying to get my angel to eat... I don't know if he has or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I had to move my betta from the 45 gallon to the old 10 gallon which he is obviously upset about. My severum went from the 150 to the 45 as a timeout. She's starting to become an even more aggressive fin nipper so I'm hoping the break for a week and me changing the layout of the 150 before reintroducing her will allow my heckelii to establish some territory and stick up for himself some.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Order from Wet Spot arrived today including a group of these:

img_3227971_0_5c16a577688e3c272cefbd4068d15d4b.jpg

Basically just fed everyone, but yesterday I changed out the substrate and plants in my 20g what do you think?
uploadfromtaptalk1432821219473.jpg before

uploadfromtaptalk1432821306290.jpg after

waiting on 2 orders one from the east coast one from the west coast , feeder shrimp and a bunch of LPS , got all my water changes done last night after my salt arrived , sometime today I need to straighten up my supply cabinet , so I know what I have and what I need ,
my wife laughs at me as I keep things in bulk , I will get picts of everything once it settles

Did a 50% water change.

Also, my Aponogeton Ulvaceus has 2 flowers now so I made their sexy bits kiss. This plant produces an impressive amount of pollen :D

v1CGp6m.jpg

Did a 50% water change.

Also, my Aponogeton Ulvaceus has 2 flowers now so I made their sexy bits kiss. This plant produces an impressive amount of pollen :D

v1CGp6m.jpg

always loved how plants bring in that sexy factor (y) and I love how it pops out of the water surface with elegance

well I got my brain I won don't look anything like I thought to the pict
img_3228181_0_d0f112a48fed594261433e3b407134d1.jpg

also got a CuC booster crew and cleaner clams and a few small pieces that were on sale , now the second order I got a torch that I split in half and might do it again , got a purple flowerpot 2 green flower pots a big rock of yellow/green clove polyps, and a small rock of blue moons they still didn't open , got my new glass tops they are sweet
the lid is a 4 inch piece of glass hinged to a 6 inch vent than another 6inch piece of glass to a 2inch plastic strip , also got a nice amount of feeder shrimp,
img_3228181_1_b2b5b6d5c823fc38e57fba25a628831c.jpg

img_3228181_2_8b66b73436d1ed4c1558dce67cf4067b.jpg

img_3228181_3_bf7af191cac40567405839f775d8d27a.jpg

now if I can catch the true colors I tried about every setting on this stupid camera can't see any of the zoa's and how the colors pop

well I got my brain I won don't look anything like I thought to the pict
img_3228230_0_d0f112a48fed594261433e3b407134d1.jpg

also got a CuC booster crew and cleaner clams and a few small pieces that were on sale , now the second order I got a torch that I split in half and might do it again , got a purple flowerpot 2 green flower pots a big rock of yellow/green clove polyps, and a small rock of blue moons they still didn't open , got my new glass tops they are sweet
the lid is a 4 inch piece of glass hinged to a 6 inch vent than another 6inch piece of glass to a 2inch plastic strip , also got a nice amount of feeder shrimp,
img_3228230_1_b2b5b6d5c823fc38e57fba25a628831c.jpg

img_3228230_2_8b66b73436d1ed4c1558dce67cf4067b.jpg

img_3228230_3_bf7af191cac40567405839f775d8d27a.jpg

now if I can catch the true colors I tried about every setting on this stupid camera can't see any of the zoa's and how the colors pop

What types of fish are in your tank? And your tank looks great.

thanks I got a good assortment of fish and inverts , most of the fish are between 3/6 inches in size the engineer goby is about 18 inces long and the lobster is around 6 inches too there all huge

Fish:

engineer goby , 3 blue green chromis , 3 dark blue sea chromis , 2 yellow banded maroon clowns , 1 lunar wrasse , 1 lawn mower blennie , 1 Valenti puffer , 1 flame angel , 1 yellow chromis , black domino damsel this guy has to go but he is impossible to catch ,

Inverts:

1 lobster , 12 emerald crabs , 100+ assorted snails , 4 electric blue hermits , 50 blue leg hermits , 1 fire shrimp , 1 skunk shrimp , 6 cleaner clams , 5 white leg hermits , 12 red leg hermits , 6 extra large peppermint shrimp ,

thanks I got a good assortment of fish and inverts , most of the fish are between 3/6 inches in size the engineer goby is about 18 inces long and the lobster is around 6 inches too there all huge

Fish:

engineer goby , 3 blue green chromis , 3 dark blue sea chromis , 2 yellow banded maroon clowns , 1 lunar wrasse , 1 lawn mower blennie , 1 Valenti puffer , 1 flame angel , 1 yellow chromis , black domino damsel this guy has to go but he is impossible to catch ,

Inverts:

1 lobster , 12 emerald crabs , 100+ assorted snails , 4 electric blue hermits , 50 blue leg hermits , 1 fire shrimp , 1 skunk shrimp , 6 cleaner clams , 5 white leg hermits , 12 red leg hermits , 6 extra large peppermint shrimp ,
Wow, and what size tank is this? I had a 12" engineer goby who was sold to my friend. How is the puffer doing with all of those tasty inverts?

he leaves most alone but he snacks on a snail or 2 once in a while other than that he's good even leaves coral alone
it's a 90g tank

Nice to see new stuff and good progress on all the tanks. Oh my goodness has it been hectic around my neck of the woods.

I have confirmed my day off work to go see Gary Lange Rainbow fish expert at our local aquarium society. Free if anyone is in Denver on Friday the 5th at 730pm.

We are redoing things in the house, part of what I have been changing things around for with the tanks. Still don't have all the particulars of where everything will fit best, so a work in progress at home DIY.

Too busy! My saddest news is my beloved Rock Flower Anemone died. (The one that just looks like a rock is doing well) Even the next day I took it out of the tank ( wanted to make sure it wasn't just sickly), it was the most putrid thing I ever smelled and it was like slime and got all over everything.

The basic stuff on the tanks - routine maintenance, refills, pwc, feeding.

The best news is I won an auction for a refurbished - like new condition - Current Planted Plus 48-60" for my 72G, for 49.95. I was almost going to buy a finnex the same size from a local guy used for over twice the price ( though more powerful light).

Anyway my DD can have the 36-48" that I got to try out for her 36" tank and this new one should supplement the light stock light just fine for now. I really wanted the Pro version with ramp timer for 287. but THAT wasn't in the budget. Maybe some day. ;) Pretty happy with that price.

It seems that there are a few baby Shrimp, a couple small Tangerine Tigers and a couple new Blue Velvets. I just gave them a pwc and a huge feeding so hoping that gets the breeding initiated. I have been a little disappointed on not seeing more berried females in the 15G.

I am trying to give the CPD's 2 feedings per day in the 12G Edge). It looked like possibly some eggs - maybe 5, were in the Elodea but I didn't see them the next day. I imagine they would be eaten anyhow, if they turned into babies.

The person with the extra 12G Edge tank never did get back to me! Disappointed.

Nothing else new in fish land.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom