What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434109272.182611.jpg. Day 1, Day 5 and Day 8 all cycled. 0 AM, 0 Nit, 10ppm Nat introduced 1/2 the fish from two other mature tanks.
Excited to make my aquascaped 60 gallon community tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WC on 2- 75 gl grow out tanks. WC on 6- 40gl breeder tanks that house discus pairs. Let the bushy nose babies go into the 90gl angel tank. And skimmed my goldfish pond. Yay it was not raining or 102 out, figured id get some crap done. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

WC on my 60 gal today. My male aulonocara hansbaenchi is looking great. About ready to transfer the pseudotropheus crabro to my mbuna tank.

Attachments

• 1434158056519.jpg
    1434158056519.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 59
Scraped the glass and treated some algae with h2o2 in my 29 and cleaned the glass in my 75 while it cycles. Want to make them look as good as possible for a party tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Today I did a water change as usual. Everything's looking great still loving the white sand in my 26 g bowfront. I have 2 hatchets 2 plecos 1 Otto 1 guppy 2 silver mollies 4 male platys

My 10 g looks great too wish I could post a pic but it says I reached my limit?

10g has 5 dwarf frogs and one Betta
Both my tanks have plants in super happy with how they are growing :)

Today I did a water change as usual. Everything's looking great still loving the white sand in my 26 g bowfront. I have 2 hatchets 2 plecos 1 Otto 1 guppy 2 silver mollies 4 male platys

My 10 g looks great too wish I could post a pic but it says I reached my limit?

10g has 5 dwarf frogs and one Betta
Both my tanks have plants in super happy with how they are growing :)

The site only allows non members to post so many pics. Use a file hosting site like imgur or photobucket to be able to post them now.

Caleb

Got some angels. They're in the ten gallon qt right now.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1434244570098.jpg
    1434244570098.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 89
I'm letting my 60G community recycle after adding 1/2 the stock. Waiting for the parameters to hit zero before I add the 4 neons, 5 cardinals, and 5 Rummies.

I'm letting my 60G community recycle after adding 1/2 the stock. Waiting for the parameters to hit zero before I add the 4 neons, 5 cardinals, and 5 Rummies.

Ammonia and nitrite should read 0 anyway... Was the tank cycled? Why add so many fish at once?

Caleb

Set up 3 more breeding tanks! All of the breeding gear is set! I'm so excited for my new spawning pair to come in from Thailand next week!

46g Red tailed shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras
10g Betta breeding tank
5g Female Betta Sorority
5g Male Breeder Betta
5g Crayfish

I would get them into whatever tank is next as soon as possible. That's a lot of fish in a 10. No way it can handle that amount of ammonia. What size tank are they going into?

55 gallon. My filter is seeded with very well established media, but thank you for the concern.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Caleb, my 60g tank cycle is going as such. Aquascaped and added 5 zebra danios and seeded my Cascade 1000 with media from 25g and 20g tanks. It cycled to AM 0, Nitrite 0 and Nitrate under 10ppm in 4 days. Then added 12 more small fish and am allowing the AM cycle to catch up as TMRC suggested. I'm adding the remaining 15 fish when it hits zero again.
So total fully planted aquasoil 60gallon tank will include:
4 neons
5 cardinals
5 rummy nose
4 yoyo loach
1 zebra loach
5 zebra danios
2 golden white cloud
1 regular white cloud
2 cherry barbs.
So that's 39 fish under 1inch. Barely over 1/2 the load on such a heavily planted 60g tank.

Caleb, my 60g tank cycle is going as such. Aquascaped and added 5 zebra danios and seeded my Cascade 1000 with media from 25g and 20g tanks. It cycled to AM 0, Nitrite 0 and Nitrate under 10ppm in 4 days. Then added 12 more small fish and am allowing the AM cycle to catch up as TMRC suggested. I'm adding the remaining 15 fish when it hits zero again.
So total fully planted aquasoil 60gallon tank will include:
4 neons
5 cardinals
5 rummy nose
4 yoyo loach
1 zebra loach
5 zebra danios
2 golden white cloud
1 regular white cloud
2 cherry barbs.
So that's 39 fish under 1inch. Barely over 1/2 the load on such a heavily planted 60g tank.

That explains it, you can use seeded media but it doesn't always make up for so many fish added at once. Slow down and you won't even have that problem. Also even your schools, neons are skittish 6+ is recommended along with 5-6+ of the rest of your schooling fish.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom