What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
slowly setting all the new corals I got today
2 torch
2hammer
1 lobo
1 elegance coral
2 small brain mazes
8 zoa frags 20 + heads each

Small water change, removed some excess shrimp pellets my frog decided not to eat.
I'll have to gravel vacuum soon, I've been experimenting with foods and some hasn't been a big hit lol.
Checked my levels yesterday morning in the 20G, was very pleased.
Everything was normal, pH is perfect (which was a relief for me).

I've recently(the other day) got some goodies for the SW tank.

Cerith snail
Zebra hermit
Yellow tip hermit
Peppermint shrimp
Kenya tree coral
:) quite a fun day

Caleb

I've been BUSY today!
Went out to garage and was delighted to find that my old 10 gallon tank is leak free and still has a working filter, just needs some heavy duty cleaning and some new decor, a new heater, and some kind of lid.
I'm going to be dividing it, and rehoming one betta in there (since his tank is really too small, as I've learned) and getting another betta at some point for the other half.
I have two 1 gallons, one will house my African Dwarf frog, the other I'll start up with shrimp.
Excited to get my tanks sorted out!

I've been BUSY today!

Went out to garage and was delighted to find that my old 10 gallon tank is leak free and still has a working filter, just needs some heavy duty cleaning and some new decor, a new heater, and some kind of lid.

I'm going to be dividing it, and rehoming one betta in there (since his tank is really too small, as I've learned) and getting another betta at some point for the other half.

I have two 1 gallons, one will house my African Dwarf frog, the other I'll start up with shrimp.

Excited to get my tanks sorted out!

Shrimp for the 1 gallon is a nice idea but I really wouldn't do the ADF unless you plan on him being the only thing in there and some regular water changes.

Great you found a new tank though! :D

Caleb

ADF and a 1 gallon tank way too small , these frogs are very active and need room to swim , another thing to consider they are dirty eaters and what ever filter on the 1g
just cant handle that load

20% Water change on my 60 community. Gonna break down my fish-empty 25T clean to rid of snails. Let dry out. Turning it to a cichlids tank next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrimp for the 1 gallon is a nice idea but I really wouldn't do the ADF unless you plan on him being the only thing in there and some regular water changes.

Great you found a new tank though! :D

Caleb

He would be the only live thing in there other than small plants. I do very frequent water changes on small tanks.

I'll do some more research about whether or not the tank is too small. The brochure for ADF from Petsmart says the minimum can be a gallon, plus a few sites I found, one which seemed pretty professional and knowledgeable.

Not much besides feedings, but have found out that we have @ least 6 new guppy fry in our guppy tank

Glued in my DIY Acrylic dividers for the 10g and flipped my almond leaves. That's about it for today. Much more going on tomorrow.

He would be the only live thing in there other than small plants. I do very frequent water changes on small tanks.

I'll do some more research about whether or not the tank is too small. The brochure for ADF from Petsmart says the minimum can be a gallon, plus a few sites I found, one which seemed pretty professional and knowledgeable.

Lesson 1: do your own research.

Pet stores are companies, they like money. And if it means your fish dies and you get another that's money. They don't care and that's often why the brochures and labels are pretty lenient on tank sizes and never mention cycling.

Caleb

Lesson 1: do your own research.

Pet stores are companies, they like money. And if it means your fish dies and you get another that's money. They don't care and that's often why the brochures and labels are pretty lenient on tank sizes and never mention cycling.

Caleb

That first sentence in your first paragraph is the most true thing in the world. They like $$$. Never take advice from a petstore or liveaquaria or the like. These people are in the business of selling fish.

Today I got the stand I built to hold my 30g and 10g tanks bolted to the wall. Changed water on my two P. Gudgeon fry tanks and fed them. Now I'm prepping to move everything from the 29 high tech to a 30. So excited!

Started building a 4 tube t5 HO light. Had to stop because of the rain :mad:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Emptied out and cleaned my 25Tall. I researched further and cichlids are too large and need a 55min size tank.
I also got my new coralife 48" dual bulb in the mail. Installed on the 60 and put the 2 24" ones back in the other tanks.
I'm researching using my 25 as a Nano Reef tank with a 10g sump/Fuge.
Thoughts? It's my first attempt at saltwater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well so much time has gone by since I have posted. Treating Angel that was and still is ill. He ate a little finally.

Saw berried and small baby Tangerine Tiger shrimp. Sttill not as many babies as I had expected. Have to do a clean out of my big filter, it is a bit daunting and with other family circumstances, I have put it off.

Still on the fence, but probably going to sell the 35G SW tank. My time available for the maintenance is diminishing. Also planning on traveling some in the not too far future so not too sure about who could take care of them because it is out of the scope of family willingness & ability to help.

Finally decided to move the breeding tank of Blue Velvets and Tangerine Tigers to the 6.6G Edge tank, with the Chili Rasboras, may wait to find an additional 12G Edge instead.

Finding a new home for my silver Stripe Female Angel.

My little baby Angel which came with a bag of plants I got at the auction will go to live at my DD tank now that it is getting big enough to be "safe". Though if it is not accepted it will come back to my tank or find a new home. It is pretty interesting it seems to be a Red Cap Clown Angelfish. Meaning reddish pink peach dorsal fin and splotch spots and blotch spot looking stripes. Very unique.

Trying to reduce the number of tanks a little more.

I fed each tank 8 times in small amounts and dosed elements required for growth of plants and corals across my 4 (sometimes 5) in home aquaria..

Other than that there's moving things the inverts have messed up

Back
Top Bottom