What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully nothing else will die anytime soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Picked up these little beautys for my first sw fish.

Got my low tech 20 long going. Need to get a new ballast or light bulb for it though.

10 gal wc on my 29 high tech and an h2o2 spot treatment in my battle against hair algae.

Talked to the lfs I got the fish from and I can take my assassin snails in for store credit :dance:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

awww you're so lucky!!!! I love clownfish, I want some someday.

First i siphon the substrate abt 20gls a side. Last 60 gals or so just siphoning the stirred up water. Replace with21- 5gl jugs of primed aged water.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

First i siphon the substrate abt 20gls a side. Last 60 gals or so just siphoning the stirred up water. Replace with21- 5gl jugs of primed aged water.

I'm just imagining a basement stacked full of aged 5 gal buckets :D

Caleb

I'm just imagining a basement stacked full of aged 5 gal buckets :D

Caleb

Garage. And sorta... 55 gl rain barrels, 1 for RO water, 2 for primed, aged tap, 1 for aged tap, and 1 with filtered rain water for my koi pond/ water garden. And 10- 5gl jugs filled with whatever water is in the next scheduled tank to be changed.

Garage. And sorta... 55 gl rain barrels, 1 for RO water, 2 for primed, aged tap, 1 for aged tap, and 1 with filtered rain water for my koi pond/ water garden. And 10- 5gl jugs filled with whatever water is in the next scheduled tank to be changed.

Good to know, I was wondering. And within 5 gals on an estimate, I'll take it lol. Nice system.

Have you tried using plastic garbage bins and a submersible pump? I use buckets on my 29, but use the pump and bins to refill my 75.

Have you tried using plastic garbage bins and a submersible pump? I use buckets on my 29, but use the pump and bins to refill my 75.

I havent. Im old school, i guess, lol. Not a bad idea though. I just use 5gl buckets then tote it around to my flowers, plants, and garden. Fish waste water is like gold with your potted plants. Lol. I did by a gadget that you atrach to your drill then a hose attaches to either side of it. Then you turn it on and whichever direction your drill is set(clockwise or counter clockwise) is which way it power siphons your water. And i mean power siphons fast and strong. Siphoning with an RPM speed, lol.

I havent. Im old school, i guess, lol. Not a bad idea though. I just use 5gl buckets then tote it around to my flowers, plants, and garden. Fish waste water is like gold with your potted plants. Lol. I did by a gadget that you atrach to your drill then a hose attaches to either side of it. Then you turn it on and whichever direction your drill is set(clockwise or counter clockwise) is which way it power siphons your water. And i mean power siphons fast and strong. Siphoning with an RPM speed, lol.

Draining I still use a regular syphon into a garbage bin, but thats because salt+garden wouldn't be good.
If you do use the bins I high reccomend getting the wheels. Moving 25 gallons of water at a time without the wheels is not easy!

Back
Top Bottom