What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! They are awesome little fish!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You're welcome!

I read that they often are hand fed/will let people hand feed them. Every time I see them at the pet store, they're so friendly and curious... I love them :D

Draining I still use a regular syphon into a garbage bin, but thats because salt+garden wouldn't be good.
If you do use the bins I high reccomend getting the wheels. Moving 25 gallons of water at a time without the wheels is not easy!

Duely noted, sir. Lol. That would be a pain in the donkey without the wheels.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We spent $50 on a 20g plastic trash barrel and a rolling thingy to put on the bottom.... it was getting tiresome with 5g buckets for our 20g for water changes...

You're welcome!

I read that they often are hand fed/will let people hand feed them. Every time I see them at the pet store, they're so friendly and curious... I love them :D

They where in a 'look down' tank and whenever someone would stand infront of the tank almost all the clowns would come up to the surface. Was so cute and hopefully mine will do that too!

They where in a 'look down' tank and whenever someone would stand infront of the tank almost all the clowns would come up to the surface. Was so cute and hopefully mine will do that too!

Awwwwhhhhhh <3 I really want some... so not ready for salt yet though and don't have the money either at the moment.

Soooo cute...

What size tank?

I want to have a salt water tank with some clownfish, a blenny (love those little cuties!), flame angel, a blue tang, and maybe a few other fish. I don't know if those are all compatible, but those are what we want at some point... obviously if we ever do do a salt water tank, we'll do our research on fish compatibility :p

I've got a feeling something is wrong with 40g community. All the fish except for the zebra Danios are hiding and I'm missing 2 cherry barbs and a blood fin tetra. I'm gonna do a large water change and move around the decor tomorrow and see if it helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did a water change, trimmed a bunch of plants, moved around some plants including the carpet plants. Water is still hazy from scaping and the addition of montmorillonite clay (adds calcium for the MTS shells):
urgTR3R.png

Edit: Filled the CO2 tank (24 oz PB)
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
My clowns where looking pathetic so I gave them some pellets. It got my goby to come oht though so that was a plus.

Found black spots on two of my ember tetras. Not sure what they are but I'm going to research. I suspect it's a fungal infection with I can easily treat. Wish me luck!

edit: I've been told they are probably just eating my black sand but their tails are turning black too...

Went over all four sides of my tank with an algae scrubber. Took dead leaves off of plants.

Turned up my needle valve from 2bps back up to 4bps. Probably the reason I have such bad algae.

As of today, i have abt 60 free swimmers (+/-) of the rams pictured above. Exciting!

Very beautiful pics of all the fish. Congrats on the little free swimmers! I will need to have you put my name on your Discus and Ram baby list :D PM me later... (y)

I did pwc on 15G and add water for evap. Couple days ago did the other pwc.

Found a home for the Angel lady fish but she just spawned so she will be going to her new home next week.

I just decided to actually reduce # of tanks again, had been thinking that I would.

Then DD told me she was giving me her 6.6G Edge tank I recently got her for her Bday. AND getting rid of her 46G bowfront.

This causes me a problem. I had decided to change my stock in the 72G tank so I could add the CPD's. Now I will need to take back a couple of big fish and a Crayfish (she might keep him). Some of her fish came from my big tank. This situation means the CPD's would possibly end up fish snacks.

So back to the drawing board.

Maybe found a home for all the inhabitants of the 35g SW tank and LR, LS, etc. I am still waiting to hear back for sure.

Think I will do the NEW 6.6G Edge a nano SW - all my favorite little critters.

Weird thing - yeah, another one. I found 2 shrimp in my 6.6G Edge tank, after I thought they were all gone and haven't seen ANY shrimp in there for maybe 2 months! Where were they hiding?!! lol Where?

Trying to get the big filter cleaned out tomorrow.

Went to dump in some pwc water to my bucket of plants out in the yard when I found 2 flowers from my Elodea plant! Pics tomorrow.

Water change on the 65 African tank today. Parameters were fine, but the tank got rained on (in) twice before I could set it up, being cautious I guess. Aulonocara continuing to color up.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436326807.116301.jpg

Jesse

Cleaned up three of my tanks and added a gold ram and some cherry barbs to my 40B
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436327928.387405.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436327941.956153.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436327954.165062.jpg

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

Very beautiful pics of all the fish. Congrats on the little free swimmers! I will need to have you put my name on your Discus and Ram baby list :D PM me later... (y)

I did pwc on 15G and add water for evap. Couple days ago did the other pwc.

Found a home for the Angel lady fish but she just spawned so she will be going to her new home next week.

I just decided to actually reduce # of tanks again, had been thinking that I would.

Then DD told me she was giving me her 6.6G Edge tank I recently got her for her Bday. AND getting rid of her 46G bowfront.

This causes me a problem. I had decided to change my stock in the 72G tank so I could add the CPD's. Now I will need to take back a couple of big fish and a Crayfish (she might keep him). Some of her fish came from my big tank. This situation means the CPD's would possibly end up fish snacks.

So back to the drawing board.

Maybe found a home for all the inhabitants of the 35g SW tank and LR, LS, etc. I am still waiting to hear back for sure.

Think I will do the NEW 6.6G Edge a nano SW - all my favorite little critters.

Weird thing - yeah, another one. I found 2 shrimp in my 6.6G Edge tank, after I thought they were all gone and haven't seen ANY shrimp in there for maybe 2 months! Where were they hiding?!! lol Where?

Trying to get the big filter cleaned out tomorrow.

Went to dump in some pwc water to my bucket of plants out in the yard when I found 2 flowers from my Elodea plant! Pics tomorrow.

lol, I hate it when you think there isn't something in a tank for a while and turns out there is. I found 2 baby black neons in my tank after I thought it had been fish less for 3 weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not a very good day :(

A discus with columnaris and a cleaner shrimp that didn't handle a tank move well at all :(

Caleb

Waiting to get my new pumps an such in for my upgrade. ? super excited. All I need left is my livesand an rock

Looks good , jesse? What strain of peacock?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Really don't know bud. I'll snap a few photos and let you guess. Was sold to us as an OB, but it doesn't appear to be so. I assume its aulonocara of some sort.

Jesse

Ordered a crypt wendtii and crypt spiralis for my tank. Rescaping this weekend hopefully if they come in friday. A bit nervous.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom