What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moved my 10 gal QT/adult assassin snail/extra plant tank so I can use a heater in it. Outlet it was using also ran a standing freezer and a small ice maker. Couldn't run a 150 watt heater without running the risk of blowing a breaker.
Going to hopefully find 4 kuhli loaches and an amano shrimp at an lfs tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't know if my Bolivian ram is gonna make it. He is wobbly when he swims and keeps getting pulled toward the filter. He is so so thin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

On the other note the German blue is eating and seems more perked up. And my baby bettas are settling in, even though there have been multiple cases of nipped fins as they figure out who's dominant (Skylar is)

If you have a hang on breeder net try putting him in that and trying different foods.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My family and I moved in with my parents on July 1st since our lease was up and we are trying to buy a house. So 9 days ago I moved all my tanks 20 miles across town. Fast forward to today and I realize the reason why I had been thinking my 29g looked funny. The 10" long piece of slate that all my java moss is attached to is MIA! It made the move but never made it inside the house somehow. Out of curiousity, and a little fear, I walked outside to the truck that I haven't been in since we moved and looked around. Found it! My moss covered rock laying in the back floorboard inside a plastic bag. Still wet, still green, doesn't stink, and appears to have grown some?! ? This stuff is crazy resilient ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436586492.627058.jpg

Jesse

If you have a hang on breeder net try putting him in that and trying different foods.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I tried. Yesterday I fed him bloodworms, flakes, and mysis shrimp and he ate a little of each. This morning he ate even less and tonight nothing.

My family and I moved in with my parents on July 1st since our lease was up and we are trying to buy a house. So 9 days ago I moved all my tanks 20 miles across town. Fast forward to today and I realize the reason why I had been thinking my 29g looked funny. The 10" long piece of slate that all my java moss is attached to is MIA! It made the move but never made it inside the house somehow. Out of curiousity, and a little fear, I walked outside to the truck that I haven't been in since we moved and looked around. Found it! My moss covered rock laying in the back floorboard inside a plastic bag. Still wet, still green, doesn't stink, and appears to have grown some?! ? This stuff is crazy resilient View attachment 275015

Jesse

When I redid my 75g a had a rock with tons of Java moss and even after it dried out (after a few days on aeration) it still was just as green and healthy looking as if it was alive.

It's tuff stuff!

Caleb

I don't know if my Bolivian ram is gonna make it. He is wobbly when he swims and keeps getting pulled toward the filter. He is so so thin.

Getting pulled to the filter means they're pretty much done in my experience. Perhaps he'll recover, but he's in rough shape if that little flow is bothering him.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Getting pulled to the filter means they're pretty much done in my experience. Perhaps he'll recover, but he's in rough shape if that little flow is bothering him.

Yep, he's still alive this morning which is good.

My fish dug their own cave under the new driftwood. The shark and the pleco hang out in there. The sand has completely expanded their hiding place inventory.

Attachments

• 1436633195179.jpg
    1436633195179.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 1436633333497.jpg
    1436633333497.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 114
Got an amano shrimp for the 29, plant x (identity reviled in my thread), frozen mysis shrimp for the 75, an assassin snail for my breeding project, and a piece of spiderwood for my 20L.
LFS I got everything from is looking for new hires, and I will need a job when I go back to school so...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Broke down the fish cabinet an got all of my equipment out. Proceeded to do a half an half vinegar soak. This stuff works wonders!! Got my powerhead soft my 55 looking brand new!

Broke down the fish cabinet an got all of my equipment out. Proceeded to do a half an half vinegar soak. This stuff works wonders!! Got my powerhead soft my 55 looking brand new!

Nice, I agree vinegar is amazing even though I scribed my brothers old turtle tank for half and hour and there is a tiny bit of water mark left. Here are before and after pics.

Attachments

• 1436637832985.jpg
    1436637832985.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 72
  • 1436637881049.jpg
    1436637881049.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 52
My Bolivian ram is hardly breathing and is stuck to the filter. The German blue hasn't left his side for hours.

Nice, I agree vinegar is amazing even though I scribed my brothers old turtle tank for half and hour and there is a tiny bit of water mark left. Here are before and after pics.

Dang, that's awesome! Vinegar is a al purpose tool in this hobby

Back
Top Bottom