What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I scraped the hard water stains off of my new (used) 150g, and resealed the corner. One step closer to setting it up! :)

Bolivian Ram is gone S.I.P little buddy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm so sorry for your loss!

I added some Cabomba caroliniana to the tank. I'm trying for a more heavily planted tank with more contrast and variety. I try to keep everything in my tank something that grows in South America, so it limits my choices. It's kind of a fun challenge, but a challenge none the less.

As is often the case with new plants, until they settle in, they look a little twisted. It's also a darker color than I expected. I hope it brightens up some more.

I'm so sorry for your loss!

I added some Cabomba caroliniana to the tank. I'm trying for a more heavily planted tank with more contrast and variety. I try to keep everything in my tank something that grows in South America, so it limits my choices. It's kind of a fun challenge, but a challenge none the less.

As is often the case with new plants, until they settle in, they look a little twisted. It's also a darker color than I expected. I hope it brightens up some more.

Thank you. Any pics of the new plants?

Stared at my beautiful tank and asked myself "why did I ever have fake plants?"

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Spent today wishing I could sit and watch my tanks while riding for 12 hours in a car :D

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you. Any pics of the new plants?

No :( Thanks for asking. I don't know what happened but they were a disaster. If it was on my part, I may have been too aggressive in treating them before putting them in my tank. They didn't look right from the moment I put them in the tank. They melted. I've never had plants just disintegrate before. I have a few lower stems that I'm gonna leave for a few days, but I'm not hopeful.

Fortunately, these are plants not fish. I'll try again. This time I'll drive to a store. I mail ordered because I didn't want to drive 30 to 40 minutes to the store that I know carries this.

So today other than enjoying my fish I netted out pieces of melting Cabomba!

No :( Thanks for asking. I don't know what happened but they were a disaster. If it was on my part, I may have been too aggressive in treating them before putting them in my tank. They didn't look right from the moment I put them in the tank. They melted. I've never had plants just disintegrate before. I have a few lower stems that I'm gonna leave for a few days, but I'm not hopeful.

Fortunately, these are plants not fish. I'll try again. This time I'll drive to a store. I mail ordered because I didn't want to drive 30 to 40 minutes to the store that I know carries this.

So today other than enjoying my fish I netted out pieces of melting Cabomba!

It's not uncommon for plants to melt in new conditions. This is common in Crypt species. If the roots survivors you may see it spring back in a few weeks or months.

Caleb

It's not uncommon for plants to melt in new conditions. This is common in Crypt species. If the roots survivors you may see it spring back in a few weeks or months.

Caleb

Thanks. That's encouraging. I've had a few plants survive but not thrive but this was my first meltdown.

Last night, I Did a 3hr OCD style Filter Clean up on 2 Fluval Fx6 cannisters, 70% WC, and Fert my 150gl. So when i was dumping the Fish poo water on my garden, I looked up at the clouds and it looked like a Nuclear bomb had gone off!!!

So i finished the clean up and maintenance, and called it a night. Woke up Trimmed the tank and put together a couple of plant packages for people this morning. Then started on the Discus breeding tanks. No rest for the Wicked.

I think I have reached my limit for photos even as a member lol.

I have 2 fire belly toads now

Picked up an ADF for my 10g (getting more in the future)

And trying my hand at semi aquatic plants.

Caleb

I made a substrate divider out of PVC pipe for my Ladies Room tank. Now my albinos have some sand to play in.

Finally bit the bullet and made the time to clean out the mega monster FX-5 This time it went smoothly. But it has been a long while so it was a muck bucket.

Got things rinsed out off course with treated water, and remembered the correct steps for putting it back together, filling and full but not overcrowding the media baskets.

Didn't clean out the impeller but it is running, and I did that last time. So it pretty much looks like I doubled my flow in the tank. The Emperor Tetras are having a great time swimming in the outflow. It was funny to watch.

The #1 pair of Angelfish are spawning today...

Reviewed the returning tanks situation, with DD, and the fish which will be returning to my tanks. And which tank, which fish. From her the 46G bowfront and the 6.6G Edge I got her for her Bday.

Stock coming to my house - my Spotted Rafael Catfish returning to my 72G.
White crayfish, Ducky, which was in my tank once upon a time as was a little Red Cap Angelfish.

New to me -An upside down Catfish. There are a few Glass Cats.

Sadly Chubbo a big beautiful Southern Purple Spotted Gudgeon female passed away this past week. She was about 4 years with us. That fish was also the reason DD got a 46G tank for her to live in, Chubbo was her favorite fish.

There is a 6.6 Edge tank. So I am kinda excited about doing a trio of Edge tanks - 6.6G, then 12G in the center, flanked with the other 6.6G on a long cabinet. Should be really pretty and artistic looking.

Just trying to decide what goes in each tank. Wanted to SW in the 12G but there are almost no fish (for such small space), just my Urchin and little Yellow Clown Goby since the tank is a nightmare to clean, not sure that makes good sense.

Still considering rehoming the Saddleback Clown pair and shutting down the larger SW and keeping a nano only.

To be honest, downsizing sucks, especially with so many awesome tanks at my finger tips. I was also supposed to pic up the new to me 11.7G Mr. Aqua tank this week and DD was supposed to bring me 2 Fluval Chi tanks from her friend (new in box - uncle was going to give the kids 2 tanks for 2 Bettas but the parents said no way).

So one thing won't be hard to decide what to do, have a big bunch of tanks sale!!! lol This is up grading all my other stuff as well but still a few too many! Ugh - At least this is a good situation to have. Finally a fun problem to solve!

Back
Top Bottom