What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might be off topic - but I fed my fish frozen mysis last night and forgot to put the food back in the freezer. Can I refreeze it or should it be tossed?

Less exciting(if that's possible), I did a 50% water change on my 92 gal Oscar tank and rearranged the driftwood. Also picked green hair algae out of my sw tank.

It would have been degrading and I would toss it. So sad though. If it smells like rot or ammonia I would for sure toss - if not the frugal side of me might feed one more dose to them. If it sat in the water (in theory, in the tank after feeding) they might still be eating it today so depending on how warm the house was... Smell test it...

Dumped a bucket of mucky water and moved my water lily(s) to a de-rimmed 6.6G Edge tank in the garden! I have to top off my water fountain almost every day and figured it wouldn't be any more effort. It looks cool. And I wasn't using the tank for anything but catching leaves in the corner of the too much stuff pile... I plan to plant it, it is readjusting to its new home and growing a bunch of babies. One part rotted off and it started growing new roots, most of the big old roots turned to mush/ died. Still miss my pond, might just hook it up again. It was just a preformed pond. Hmmmmm.....

Dumped a bucket of plants into another bucket for the plants to grow more outside. Saw about 20 little withered flowers on the Elodea and present flowers from the plants in the bucket! How awesome?

80% water change as my nem took a ride and died cleaning out outlet tub was a nasty job , there are chunks everywhere , I thought he finally settled so I turned on the powerheads , wake up today to a gray tinted tank , slowly clearing I made up my mind no more nems they do so well then decide to commit suicide ,
I'm going back to macro"s

80% water change as my nem took a ride and died cleaning out outlet tub was a nasty job , there are chunks everywhere , I thought he finally settled so I turned on the powerheads , wake up today to a gray tinted tank , slowly clearing I made up my mind no more nems they do so well then decide to commit suicide ,
I'm going back to macro"s

Sorry to hear about that man. Maybe they just don't like the extra flow when the powerhead gets turned back on

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Went to a local fish club meeting. Walked out with some frozen BBS, blood worms, and daphnia. Tried the latter and the good tetras liked it. CPDs and embers were not impressed. Tried some NLS flakes. None of the fish liked them. One of the Amanos was dragging a large flake around but later dropped it like a dirty blanket. However, I did see an Oto perched over it.
The speaker at the meeting described a recent fish collecting trip in Peru. After that a small auction took place.
Assassin snails 10 per bag sold for $22-24. Crazy. Folks got 12 RCS $9. Unknown wild caught tetras sold for $2-3. Folks were bidding on plant trimmings. I think I might hold off trimming after this weekend and sell my stuff at the big fall auction next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He was a sweet looking nem too was about 16 inches fully inflated
never can win , the poor thing looked like a nem smoothie yup gross,
img_3276238_0_20e9e0bebf3bb47f9970cc29ddf66d1c.jpg

he is going to be missed

Very cool nem!

I made a quick Michaels run today for shells. Decided my hermits needed some new homes. Thought I saw some agression so decided to finally get them some shells

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Too busy to do much. Moved around some spare filters and equipment put some things away. Added water to the plant buckets and tank and fountains.

Talked to my friend who just got some little young Shellies! They are so little right now. I am interested in learning more. A member of the local aquarium society bred them! They are cute.

Went to a local fish club meeting. Walked out with some frozen BBS, blood worms, and daphnia. Tried the latter and the good tetras liked it. CPDs and embers were not impressed. Tried some NLS flakes. None of the fish liked them. One of the Amanos was dragging a large flake around but later dropped it like a dirty blanket. However, I did see an Oto perched over it.
The speaker at the meeting described a recent fish collecting trip in Peru. After that a small auction took place.
Assassin snails 10 per bag sold for $22-24. Crazy. Folks got 12 RCS $9. Unknown wild caught tetras sold for $2-3. Folks were bidding on plant trimmings. I think I might hold off trimming after this weekend and sell my stuff at the big fall auction next month.

I did that last auction here for plant trimmings. And snails for some unknown reason :)

The AGM was done in 5 minutes and then the auction was 2 or 3 hours so in the end I thought might as well. That was first one I had been to and I did wonder if some stuff just rotates around between members...

Man, I really need to join a fish club. I have a feeling that I'm missing out :D
Yesterday added a BN pleco to the 16, replanted some blyxa that came loose in the 5.5 and overall just the normal tank stuff. Planted the blyxa a little too deep, now that half of the tank looks empty. Probably going to pull it and replant again.
Trying to train one of the puffs onto frozen food, he's pretty skinny right now and I'm not happy with him at all. I'm giving up with frozen though and picking up some black worms next chance I get. Other than that everything is doing great :)

Man, I really need to join a fish club. I have a feeling that I'm missing out :D
...)

If you can locate one in your area, it may prove to be a great resource. Save on shipping costs, meet folks face to face, video presentations from notable breeders, collectors, and experts in the field, discounts on group buys, door prizes, raffles, great grabs from auctions. Great way to find folks in your area that have similar interests. Folks in the group I'm in are also involved in local cichlid and plant groups as well. Plus, folks call you by name, not internet name.

Man, I really need to join a fish club. I have a feeling that I'm missing out :)

Where are you in N.C are you , I Know they have a fish club at the fort fisher aquarium in fort fisher / Kure Beach N.C. 2X a month,
Think it's the first and 3rd Thursday every month

Where are you in N.C are you , I Know they have a fish club at the fort fisher aquarium in fort fisher / Kure Beach N.C. 2X a month,
Think it's the first and 3rd Thursday every month

Waaayyyy far away from that lol. I'm in Charlotte and unless I can get someone to drive me all the way out there 2x a month then it's not an option. I found one in the back of the fish magazine, just need to send an email and pay and I'm in. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Waaayyyy far away from that lol. I'm in Charlotte and unless I can get someone to drive me all the way out there 2x a month then it's not an option. I found one in the back of the fish magazine, just need to send an email and pay and I'm in. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Not sure how old these links are but here are a few things I found:

Local Fish Clubs

NC Aquarium Clubs

Nothing today but added 3 green tiger barbs, 3 Australian rainbows and an Odessa Barb to my 20g

I'll call one of my former co-workers who lives out in Charlotte see if he knows of any good meets ,
mean while I found a whole list in your area
https://www.google.com/search?q=local+hobby+fish+meets+in+charlotte+N.C.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

happy fishing lol:fish2:

Thanks for the listings guys! Unfortunately the link that you provided, Theresa, is out of date :( That's okay though, it shouldn't be hard to find one. And who said I can't start my own? High school does have one, not an aquarium club but it is an ichthyology class that has weekly meets.

Anyway, made a trip to the LFS today, saw some dwarf otocinclus, cool little guys but IMO $35 a piece........holy cow, more than I make in a month! I did manage to spend $14 on downoi, if it grows it was a good investment. If not........ well, I can't help it :D

Talked fish with a nice person at work. She listens for about 3 min about 1x per month and that is about the extent of it, lol.

I have started thinking the little Cories I have been under the impression were Habrosus are not salt and pepper Cories but the MUCH larger Peppered Cories aka Corydoras paleatus!!! So far the one is about 2.5 inches - about an inch larger than the Habrosus! With a few others all around 2"... :( BIG disappointment

That's alright, I will just throw them into the big tank with the Bronze and Green and one 3.5 inch "Cory" that also looks like a Peppered Cory only is an inch larger than they are supposed to be. Will have to get a few pics this week and post them in an ID thread to see what they might be. I feel like I should be in Texas with everything growing bigger, lol.

Need to find a new local home for my very large mouth Spotted Raphael Cat. Half my Cardinals and Green Neons are missing since I put him back into the tank another frowny face :( For both getting him a new home and for eating my pretty fish.

Last edited:
Added a large piece of driftwood from a local river, took out my last artificial decoration and rescaped the left side of the tank. My driftwood was water logged and sinking before, but it dried out some so I buried one end and I'll wait for the rest to sink again. I'll spread some plants around when that happens. Before and after attached. The only thing I don't like about sand is how cloudy the water gets when I'm messing in the tank, but it settles down in a couple hours.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1441800802550.jpg
    1441800802550.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 1441800821032.jpg
    1441800821032.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 74
Pulled out maybe 120+ MTS from the tanks and a bucket of recently removed substrate. Mailed them off.

Stirred up a mess in my 6.6G original Edge tank - changed the prefilter sponge and did a 2G then a 1.5G pwc.

Did a 2G pwc in the 15G.

Pulled out maybe 120+ MTS from the tanks and a bucket of recently removed substrate. Mailed them off.

Stirred up a mess in my 6.6G original Edge tank - changed the prefilter sponge and did a 2G then a 1.5G pwc.

Did a 2G pwc in the 15G.

How do you ship your MTS?

Back
Top Bottom