What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Added 30lbs live rock and 30g water to the 75g...

Pretty proud of the timing and timelines of my visit to NAS - these two rocks (yup; that's only two rocks!) just about jumped out of the water, calling my name! They looked awesome in the rock tank, and I could see how well they're gonna fit my plans...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447642245.026400.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447642635.315572.jpg

Sump should be ready tomorrow- which means I'll just about have everything running within the next 24 hours...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Better pictures, I hope...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447642976.406539.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447642992.078042.jpg

Tried adding the following pictures recently but "the system" wouldn't let me...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447643079.890453.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447643100.116363.jpg

The PVC frame will support the sump about 1½" above the bottom of the cabinet with a hard plastic grid; the original purpose of the grid is as a fluorescent light diffuser. It's not very fragile unless you don't have the right tools to clip out the excess when shaping it to fit the space it needs to be installed in.

Patience, Grasshopper!

More Live Rock Added Today

Picked up another 6lbs of LR today at Nebraska Aquatic Supply:

Also added the first mobile life: two hermit crabs.

Refilled my five 5g jugs; won't need much of it until nearer the end of the month when I do my first 15g water change.

NAS has been so busy lately (the most awesome lfs in the Omaha area, so extremely popular...) my sump is still awaiting its modifications to convert it from an empty 20 long...maybe I'll have more pix tomorrow evening. Meanwhile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 105
Picked up another 6lbs of LR today at Nebraska Aquatic Supply:

Also added the first mobile life: two hermit crabs.

Refilled my five 5g jugs; won't need much of it until nearer the end of the month when I do my first 15g water change.

NAS has been so busy lately (the most awesome lfs in the Omaha area, so extremely popular...) my sump is still awaiting its modifications to convert it from an empty 20 long...maybe I'll have more pix tomorrow evening. Meanwhile:

Nice tank in the reflection

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

After moving the remaining critters out of the SW 35G shut down, I left a little food in the front of the tank to entice any hold outs after not feeding for 2 days.

Got a couple snails that was it. Today I saw a hermit so I moved him and noticed that my nice rock which was having some coraline algae on it was no longer in the water due to evaporation, I moved it over a couple inches and saw what looked like a little cave hide out with a few shells and coral pieces around it. A long while ago I got the tinyist little Pistol shrimp maybe about 3-4mm long. Saw him for a few days and then he has been unobserved for months.

There was a Bristle worm sticking his head out of the little bitty cave in the sand and crazy how there was a flat 4-5 inch chunk of rock in there and after lifting it off, there was my now grown 1+ inch cute little Pistol shrimp!!! YAY!!!

Yesterday showed off the fish collection to a family friend. Fun.

Well, today was going to be the day i rented a uhaul to move all my tanks. Instead this happened. uploadfromtaptalk1448157032142.jpg

So instead i said screw it and went out to buy a 75g tank that is ginna be delivered monday. I am gonna set up my reef in that until i can move my 90g down. After i get my 90 set up the 75 will replace my 40g as my planted tank.

Well, today was going to be the day i rented a uhaul to move all my tanks. Instead this happened. View attachment 280999

So instead i said screw it and went out to buy a 75g tank that is ginna be delivered monday. I am gonna set up my reef in that until i can move my 90g down. After i get my 90 set up the 75 will replace my 40g as my planted tank.

That sucks... Sounds like you got a plan though.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That sucks... Sounds like you got a plan though.

Yessir. I was just gonna buy a 125 but that was $600 more than the 75. Couldnt justify spending that much yet.

Its also kind of exciting because ive never bought a brand new tank larger than 20g. The ones ive all gotten have had scratches or poor seals.

Today I changed my water and planted my 20 gal show tank

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Today I changed my water and planted my 20 gal show tank

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Don't forget to give us a pic or two ;)

Fed and found eggs that the pair of Angels is guarding from the day before are still there on the intake tube :facepalm: Wondering if the lfs in Boulder has a scrap intake or a new interchangeable one. Left the moon lights on for them last night, worked all day so I didn't do much else. Don't see any bad eggs tonight. hmmm. Every time I half consider saving the eggs the next day they get eaten by someone!

Going to do 2-3 pwc tomorrow from the fish in QT to help remove the medicine/copper. It seems things have leveled out and the rest of the fish SEEM alright now. I still need to pick up the Turquoise and Madagascar Rainbows and a couple more yellows from the breeder when I empty the QT. To start the QT process all over again for the new additions to make up for the losses from the Ich.

Plugged in heaters for pisto paradise and ram run breeding corners of my tank room. Ready to start makin pisto babies.... Rans already were breeding strong for me. Just needed to re do the setup to make room for......... More Tanks!

nice tank early xmas present to yourself I'm sure (y)

fixing the electrical/fire damage that my hob overflow caused because the out let nipple broke off and flooded the outlets , the gfi saved it from burning as it popped the circuit I caught it as it happen just couldn't stop the water fast enough , new hob $100. stand repairs $30. outlet repairs and drywall $75.
the small fire was from the small flash when salt water hit outlet as it flowed down the wall,

Added 3lbs LR, 4 Bumblebees, 2 Blue Legs, 2 Black Foot Trochus...

Set up the 10g sump that came with the 75g as an interim solution so I can keep the water flowing and aerated; moved the heater into the sump.

Fired up the pump; checked for leaks (some minor dripping from drain and return) and decided they're insignificant...the return sits just above the sump so I was able to position the sump to catch all the drips; the drain leak is slow enough that I was able to put a sponge under it with no worries about it getting sloppy wet.

All in all a pretty productive day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 73
Poked the soil all over and made a mess in the 40b. The hornwort shed all over the 5g so I ripped it out and took two hours vacuuming spots a bit at a time so as not to freak everyone out. I need to get a hose. I'll be iron womaning things if I keep emptying and filling the 40b with a bucket. Did 99% before bed. Cracks me up I need a kitchen chair to even get into the tank. I slept well hahahaha

Did a PWC in my 75 gallon today. Got the last of the Red Eye Tetras moved to the 20 gallon long upstairs*. The 75 is now a planted Rainbow aquarium with a few bristle nose plecos on the bottom.

*Got 6 of them out last week, and couldn't get the last 4 until today. Speedy little [moderator edit]. The 20 gallon is now a tetra tank with 10 Red Eyes and 1 Serpae. Might add some more Serpaes but not sure if I want to keep Tetras. The Red Eyes were the first fish my son picked out so they have to stick around for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom