What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, here's my plan
2.5" blue cobalt discus x1
2.5" red snakeskin discus x1
2.5" marlboro red discus x1
Ember Tetra x10

Red Indian Dwarf Lily x1
Red Tiger Lotus SM x1
Aponogeton Crispus MD x2
Ceratopteris Thalictroides x4
Cryptocoryne Blassii x2
Cryptocoryne Spiralis x4
Red Melon Sword MD x2
Amazon Sword SM x4

Order will be placed as soon as I figure out the shipping cost and probably will have to take out a few plants (I only have so much money). This is the final step before I order it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

? Really? Drugs? I'm glad no one actually thought they were drugs. Really looking forward to seeing pics of the new crew once they're settled in!

? Really? Drugs? I'm glad no one actually thought they were drugs. Really looking forward to seeing pics of the new crew once they're settled in!

Yep, this guy came over and tried to look (bag was leaking so I didn't show him) but as soon as I said aquarium plants he understood. I found out he has a few fishtanks as well. And I can't wait till I order em'

Got some matrix coming in today can't wait for the rest..ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452039141.381514.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Water change on freshwater last night , just the normal weekly routine.

Off to LFS tonight after to see whats new and interesting , most likely will see if they have any cherry shrimp I can toss in the community tank , heavily planted so they should do pretty well in there.

I did full clean and disinfection nye. Got brand new rocks, cleaned plants and put them in, added a heater and got a new pump. Did heater yesterday and pump today. My old pump was destroyed by back pressure. I am starting a new nitrogen cycle. So here is my tank!

Edit: I just did a 25% water change as well. Trying to clear out algaefix and get ammonia down so I can put my snail back. Plus I am doing a water change on the snails bowl.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1452113376415.jpg
    1452113376415.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 65
Came home to find my banded rainbowfish dead (he and one of my other rainbows have been sparing to the point where he has started bleeding and has lost several scales) and a second cichlid fry dead, one of the jacobfribergi x dragon blood hybrids, I lost a jacobfribergi fry earlier this week

Came home to find my banded rainbowfish dead (he and one of my other rainbows have been sparing to the point where he has started bleeding and has lost several scales) and a second cichlid fry dead, one of the jacobfribergi x dragon blood hybrids, I lost a jacobfribergi fry earlier this week

Awe that sucks. I am sorry for your fish loss.

Awe that sucks. I am sorry for your fish loss.

Thanks. I really don't know what's going on in my fry tank I first thought it was the normal cichlid aggression but now this one which was the most dominant fry in the tank

Thanks. I really don't know what's going on in my fry tank I first thought it was the normal cichlid aggression but now this one which was the most dominant fry in the tank

Oh no!

So much WATER LETTUCE!!!! Discus tank is the one with lighter water lettuce and lots of water hyacinth while the cichlid tank is the other one with darker colored water lettuce

Attachments

• 1452129561271.jpg
    1452129561271.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 1452129574575.jpg
    1452129574575.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 64
Good luck with the hyacinth... Mine never did well indoors.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good luck with the hyacinth... Mine never did well indoors.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I started with 2 indoors, one in the cichlid tank and one in the discus tank. The cichlids have eaten most of the roots so I still have one in the cichlid tank but I have 5 in the discus tank

Scraped the glass in my 40 reef tank and fed them. Leopard wrasse is a piggy!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I did full clean and disinfection nye. Got brand new rocks, cleaned plants and put them in, added a heater and got a new pump. Did heater yesterday and pump today. My old pump was destroyed by back pressure. I am starting a new nitrogen cycle. So here is my tank!

Edit: I just did a 25% water change as well. Trying to clear out algaefix and get ammonia down so I can put my snail back. Plus I am doing a water change on the snails bowl.

(y) Sounds great!

So much WATER LETTUCE!!!! Discus tank is the one with lighter water lettuce and lots of water hyacinth while the cichlid tank is the other one with darker colored water lettuce

Is the lighter color water lettuce with more light or less light than the other?

Also sorry to hear about the fry.

Thinking about tanks again. My last light bulb went out on the original 6.6G Edge day before yesterday sometime and I forgot about it til last night. So I need to get a light on it and have to go looking for the Stingray I got at the last CAS Auction to supplement till I order a new light bar - maybe tomorrow.

Scoop out LS from the SW tank (and empty anything rocks and shells, etc, thats left) which has been sitting evaporating for a month for the CAS mini auction at the meeting.

Wow, I can't believe how many shells the little Pistol Shrimp had in his lair when he was in that tank!!! I have a cup full! - Not even done getting all of them out yet! Had an interuption.

I'm wondering if he ate the inhabitants or they were hanging out there for the free food???

Last edited:
(y) Sounds great!

Is the lighter color water lettuce with more light or less light than the other?

Also sorry to hear about the fry.

Thinking about tanks again. My last light bulb went out on the original 6.6G Edge day before yesterday sometime and I forgot about it til last night. So I need to get a light on it and have to go looking for the Stingray I got at the last CAS Auction to supplement till I order a new light bar - maybe tomorrow.

Scoop out LS from the SW tank (and empty anything rocks and shells, etc, thats left) which has been sitting evaporating for a month for the CAS mini auction at the meeting.

Wow, I can't believe how many shells the little Pistol Shrimp had in his lair when he was in that tank!!! I have a cup full! - Not even done getting all of them out yet! Had an interuption.

I'm wondering if he ate the inhabitants or they were hanging out there for the free food???

The water lettuce in the discus tank is under the higher lighting, a 24/7 Finnex Planted LED light while the water lettuce in the cichlid tank is under a reef light (I'll have to look up what kind)

20% water change saltwater
Added a few ghost shrimp in freshwater

Tonight : setup new lighting on saltwater
Thin plants in freshwater

Back
Top Bottom