What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think dirt and soil are the same in this context.
Water change day. And clean the filter day as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Received my finnex 24/7 for the 10g, my gram scale, and my co2 regulator for the 36g tank. Got the co2 up and running, I am now officially "hightech". Lol.

Received my finnex 24/7 for the 10g, my gram scale, and my co2 regulator for the 36g tank. Got the co2 up and running, I am now officially "hightech". Lol.

I have yet to reach "hightech" I'm in the black and white days, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My friend said if I helped with his aquarium building business he would build me a free tank so I decided the size 11.75" deep, 36" long, and 10" tall. It'll be around 18 gallons and will be my shrimp tank. I want it so shallow because I want to have driftwood and rocks to be sticking out of the water so I can have terrestrial moss, orchids, and bromeliads growing on it.

Lol; I managed to not kill anything for the last several months, so I figured I'd add co2 and dry fertz to see how well I can get things to flourish.

Traded in my 3 discus and 200 water lettuce for a Cryptocoryne spiralis, an African butterfly fish, 15 neon tetras, and two 24" glass aquarium covers

Accidently skewered an amazon sword by dropping my feeding tweezers in the tank

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, I'm not sure about that, I may have added too many drops of ph solution into my drop checked, so it's pretty dark, had three fish who appeared to be gasping for air, had to readjust and slow it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some new plants today. DBT Cuba, Glosso, and ginormous crypt parva. Time for rearranging and planting.
yuWcAQL.jpg

e9W9eJQ.jpg

Lmao, I'm not sure about that, I may have added too many drops of ph solution into my drop checked, so it's pretty dark, had three fish who appeared to be gasping for air, had to readjust and slow it down.

You should dump the DC fluid and start again with 1-2 drops.

Changed the light back and fixture on the existing original Edge tank and now there is a working light!!! Yipee.

Have 2 new in box Fluval Chi tanks coming to me soon. These are the ones I was supposed to get about a year ago. I will be retiring the old one and the 1 new one will be put to use for the Betta. The other will be put into the storage for a rainy day or maybe a Betta Day ;)

Last edited:
<_< retiring? Does that mean Craigslist or the closet?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453884387.439308.jpg
Got some otos since the 40 is pretty well settled in. I was going to put a few in the 5.5, but didn't want to mess with the bioload now I've got a schedule dialed in.

Pwc day on my elephant nose tank, trimmed his plant's and replanted some, can't believe how well they've grown, probably would've been even better if he had left them alone ?
Added some moss too the shrimp tank, really need to cut plant's back in there its grown wild. Bamboo shrimp are doing great! really pleased with them.
1454003094019.jpg
Not a great pic, but they sit at the back of the tank all day.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Changed light times on the timers to help with some algae that's shown up, not bad right now so figured I'd nip it in the bud. My other co2 showed up for the small tank along with my canister filter for it so that's tomorrow's project.

Today's project:
Change all the gravel in my 40 gal to sand.
Took like three hours.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Today's project:
Change all the gravel in my 40 gal to sand.
Took like three hours.
Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Watch out for a mini cycle.

I have been working on sorting THE CLOSET of mess. By doing this, I will find things I have lost, locate where things are which I do need, find MANY things I haven't needed - probably never will need again, etc.

I have a tub / tote of filters, it looks like a filter bone yard!!! 2 filters that are the right size for my Edge tanks too!!!

As for the others, I wonder if I have enough parts to put them back together again and move them to new aquatic homes.

A grocery bag of air pumps.

A big box of testing stuff.

A ziplock bag containing empty bottles from Prime ( had 3x that many but already parted with them, these were the keepers :nono:) and different things in case I need to send some home with someone or take some to somebody at work who has a fish tank emergency....or if I buy a 2 liter bottle. Recycle time!!!

I will not become /(stay) a hoarder, I will put this stuff into order and be able to use it and find it if I need it. Not just know I have seen it around somewhere. Ha, yeah right! But at least I will work on it. And TRY!!!

I had only alotted a couple hours for this :OOPS:, but I want to test everything best I can so I know it works, so maybe testing tomorrow.

But I found a couple things I had forgotten about - yipee! And 2 big boxes of Petrified Wood Stones I had in the VERY back that I am over a week overdue locating. :dance:

Thanks for bearing with me.

Back
Top Bottom