What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reviewed cost difference for local purchase of higher cost fish vs. online plus shipping.

One fish I think I might as well buy locally if/when available. Other kind might just try the online with shipping. Because of being sure what I am buying.

Might wait one more week to see if the lfs really is getting the fish they said they would get. Always SAY they are getting them but don't. Ugh.

Looked at a couple auto dosers and auto fill units and costs.

Used a toothbrush to pull hair algae from my shrimp tank.
Currently at a monthly fish meeting/auction. Guest speaker is Joe Gargas. Topic is "Aquarium Water". Great talk and lots of good info. The guy has rubbed elbows with Axelrod and Wattley.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My weekly water change. Acclimating some pygmy cories i bought as well

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
TDS meters sound cool. I didn't get one...

shellyx - thank goodness things are stablizing with the shrimp. The tanks look good!

Busy, busy, exhausting day spring cleaning around the house and yard!

I threw out a tank that had got wasp spray on it last summer. Back then, I filled it with water and of all the buckets and containers outside they all got some mosquitos. Not one mosquito larve lived in that tank though outside after the unfortunate overspray incident. So off to the dump for that tank. (Since no fish would be able to live in it either.)

Saved my low iron 12G with the cracked bottom - put it in the car to take to get a new bottom or at least get a perfect (thicker) glass for a new bottom to do myself.

Dumped some pretty rotton smelling water out of some buckets that had froze last Autumn with plants and snails in them, super yuck muck in there!

~~~
Moved my tank light from one side of the little SW tank today to the other so as to get lots of light in the tank but not bleach out my Tea Cups and other macro algaes, and give the Chaeto lots of extra light for growing.

Did evap refills late last night and hope to do pwc tomorrow.

Yay still no more shrimp deaths every time I look deeply into the little forest tank, I try and count all the TT shrimp I can see, pretty much every day it is not the same number, one more or less. Last night was 7.

The momma shrimp possibly dropped her fry. I don't know if they are live or not yet too small to see yet with all the hiding places. Maybe I saw one tiny one but I am not certain yet. Hoping she dropped maybe 8-10 and they lived (of course). I have seen 2 young shrimp, maybe like just under half grown. 2 adult females for sure - ~4 males? .

Thinking still about setting up the Spec V but since it is a used tank, I want to run some cuprasorb in it and figure out my best guess for keeping the baby and shrimp in general, out of the filtering system. I have been reading how some people have made types of covers. Spec needs a really good cleaning, kinda filmy looking but I am out of mr clean magic erasers, who could believe?, lol.

And also have an empty Edge glass tank not clean, sitting dry on my coffee table waiting for a final clean including with a magic eraser - to go back into the box for storage for a little while.

Also trying to decide what to do with a sponge filter that is sitting in a bucket with some MTS. It is a kinda large one shaped like a 4 leaf clover so doesn't conveniently fit in my small tanks. I have a possibility with the 72G. If I get a 90 degree air tubing connector elbow and place it in vertically instead of horizontally I think it will hide nicely behind my big DW! That idea just came to me.

Thanks for letting me think out my tank stuff! No one is particularly interested around here. (maybe not all here either!!! :eek:) They think the tanks are pretty but could care less how they get that way.

To be honest, I think a lot of people (like myself) follow your threads and read your info but don't respond. In my case, I have no idea what most of the things you referred to are so I usually can't say much hehe ^^

<g.m.t.a>

TDS meters sound cool. I didn't get one...

shellyx - thank goodness things are stablizing with the shrimp. The tanks look good!

Busy, busy, exhausting day spring cleaning around the house and yard!

I threw out a tank that had got wasp spray on it last summer. Back then, I filled it with water and of all the buckets and containers outside they all got some mosquitos. Not one mosquito larve lived in that tank though outside after the unfortunate overspray incident. So off to the dump for that tank. (Since no fish would be able to live in it either.)

Saved my low iron 12G with the cracked bottom - put it in the car to take to get a new bottom or at least get a perfect (thicker) glass for a new bottom to do myself.

Dumped some pretty rotton smelling water out of some buckets that had froze last Autumn with plants and snails in them, super yuck muck in there!

~~~
Moved my tank light from one side of the little SW tank today to the other so as to get lots of light in the tank but not bleach out my Tea Cups and other macro algaes, and give the Chaeto lots of extra light for growing.

Did evap refills late last night and hope to do pwc tomorrow.

Yay still no more shrimp deaths every time I look deeply into the little forest tank, I try and count all the TT shrimp I can see, pretty much every day it is not the same number, one more or less. Last night was 7.

The momma shrimp possibly dropped her fry. I don't know if they are live or not yet too small to see yet with all the hiding places. Maybe I saw one tiny one but I am not certain yet. Hoping she dropped maybe 8-10 and they lived (of course). I have seen 2 young shrimp, maybe like just under half grown. 2 adult females for sure - ~4 males? .

Thinking still about setting up the Spec V but since it is a used tank, I want to run some cuprasorb in it and figure out my best guess for keeping the baby and shrimp in general, out of the filtering system. I have been reading how some people have made types of covers. Spec needs a really good cleaning, kinda filmy looking but I am out of mr clean magic erasers, who could believe?, lol.

And also have an empty Edge glass tank not clean, sitting dry on my coffee table waiting for a final clean including with a magic eraser - to go back into the box for storage for a little while.

Also trying to decide what to do with a sponge filter that is sitting in a bucket with some MTS. It is a kinda large one shaped like a 4 leaf clover so doesn't conveniently fit in my small tanks. I have a possibility with the 72G. If I get a 90 degree air tubing connector elbow and place it in vertically instead of horizontally I think it will hide nicely behind my big DW! That idea just came to me.

Thanks for letting me think out my tank stuff! No one is particularly interested around here. (maybe not all here either!!! :eek:) They think the tanks are pretty but could care less how they get that way.

Busy, busy Autumn!
Glad you haven't lost anymore shrimp like me Hooray!
And I am always interested in your fish stuff which you know lol

My fish arrived today a day late but all alive and after a longer acclimatisation looking really good :) still concerned about 4 which I bought from a different seller 2wks ago, they look pale, fins clamped and very emaciated I cannot catch them to isolate them. Fed them BB tonight and the 4 never ate sad!
My elephant nose managed to smack his chin into the driftwood tonight and hid for a while, so in the morning I'm going to have to take a good look at him, It didn't stop him eating.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Thanks Guppy, and shelly, you are always there for me.

It is frustrating when I keep hearing other that that tank is pretty - the big 72G with fish you can see, when the other tanks are smaller or have shrimp most people hardly notice, comments from the adult children, like, why bother you can't see anything in there or looks pretty nice but I don't see the point (of taking all that time or spending money on something you can hardly see!)

So thanks. With the downsizing for now, it has been sad but better because I can spend half the time caring for them (than before, double the tanks/workload compared to now.) It is allowing me to spend just a little more time watching the tanks inhabitants. Things are really busy and the schedule is very tiring, and watching the tanks is enjoyable.

Just fed and watched the fish.

Thought a little more about my online order option and decided to do it.

Weekly 20% water change, removed some algae, cleaned the glass, found another dead neon. :facepalm:

Sorry about your neon Barliman :(

We moved the danios so now just the angelfish and their fry and a couple tetras are in the tank. Hoping for the best for these fry!

<g.m.t.a>

I re-did my 5 and 10 gallon betta tanks with some nice silk plants I found at flowerlandImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462731414.101583.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462731426.983439.jpg

Money can't buy happiness.... But I can buy fish, which is kind of the same thing.

Did a 1.5G pwc on the SW Nano.

Phone broke so I haven't made calls to check who can do a deal on the special glass for the low iron glass tank (not low iron for the bottom just thick and good cut).

Was about to turn out the lights on my 72G when I saw a big Anubias leaf with eggs on it.

Getting the phone thing worked out so in the morning if they are there I might be able to get a good pic.

So I see the other 2 Angels hiding and staying away from the new "pair" I had planned to get these fish a new home a few weeks ago but the guy wasn't able to take them for a few weeks so NOW we get some eggs. Maybe he will want a pair.

Moved a fish

I took my mean as hell O.B. Peacock out of the 75gal and put him by himself in
a tank in my bedroom. He beat up two fish and killed a third.
He was the biggest and most dominant fish.
He had been in the living room for 2 years before he did this.

Last night I started setting up my 38 gallon with the white sand substrate. I scored an awesome deal on an additional 55 gallon tank with a heater and a filter rated for a 90 gallon tank. I'm excited. For simplicity, and decent cycling, I picked up my filter system for my 55 and put it on the 38, moving the new filter to the existing tank. Thus the ability for both filters to either cycle the new tank, or cycle in general. :D

I'm waiting a bit for the new filter to get some of the existing bacteria from the tank so when I change out the substrate, I won't have too many issues. I decided to go from the dark blue gravel to the pool filter sand in my existing tank, then rinse off the blue gravel and update the look for my convict fish. I have no idea what possessed me to do the huge switching through everyone, but, there it is. LOL My living room is rapidly becoming the fish room in the house. :D

If I was able to move the credenza my 55 is on, I'd line it all against one wall, that way there would be a fish tank wall... wouldn't work with my current furniture set up, and probably would disrupt the cats. ;)

Should be entertaining to say the least. I'm excited to see how everyone's doing when I make it home from work tonight. :fish2:

Sadly had to euthanize one of my boraras today looks like TB, lost 5 since I got them 3wks ago, removed another 3 with same problems, probably have to put them to sleep as well. Think this tank is nothing but bad luck!
Everything fine in my elephant tank, keeping all aquarium buckets, net's etc separated so my big guy doesn't get anything.

Well I have another 5 sick looking fish, I'm at the point of closing this tank down if I lose them all. Absolutely devastated hunted all over the country for these guy's :(
Going to give them another pwc.
And isolate these 5.

Well I have another 5 sick looking fish, I'm at the point of closing this tank down if I lose them all. Absolutely devastated hunted all over the country for these guy's :(
Going to give them another pwc.
And isolate these 5.

Aww, Shelly that's awful. :( I'm sorry you've lost so many, especially when you worked so hard to get them.

Back
Top Bottom