What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah what beautiful pics Autumn and shelly! I like all of your plecos :) Autumn - what I learned is that guppies are always pregnant. I had bad luck in choosing them and almost always chose females instead of males (they didn't look fat at all!!) and then the next day I'd have fry. Shelly - your shrimp are super cute! What's your favourite type of shrimp? I'm thinking of setting up a tank for some, maybe a 5G.

Hi, my favourites are my filter feeders love watching them!
But for a 5G I would probably say rcs if you're just starting out then try something harder. I've not had much luck with mine sadly lost a few haven't worked out why? I also love blue phantom shrimp so pretty! I still have some of those left. Oh and thanks :)

50 % clean on Gonzos tank, rinsed out his impeller really dirty! Removed loads of guppy grass far too much.
Well, I won't be getting my 2nd bnp, the guy messaged me to say it has white spot ? he did offer replacement but I didn't want one so disappointed.
But have this betta coming on Tuesday yippee finally a new betta really missed not owning one. His new tank arrives tomorrow. 1470865830560.jpg

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

My New betta. His name is blue. Your my boy blue. Lol
47709b18ae9aa57f368c7c79fd574719.jpg

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Very handsome. Hey Blue, meet my boy Blue. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470886139.326304.jpg

Do you think all the blue Betta's on the would should have a club? Kinda like a Jim Smith club thing? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Very handsome. Hey Blue, meet my boy Blue. View attachment 288573

What a stunning photo!!!!

~~~~~

The Betta pics are making me want another Betta!:rolleyes:

~~~~

Shellyx - Sorry to hear about the BN. There will be more available later. I hope you get a really nice one soon.

Added water on the tanks for evap.

Plus minerals for the SW nano.

New tank arrived today for my betta. Not sure about the filter? It comes through a spray bar like a waterfall effect hoping it isn't too strong ? isn't much an opening for the thermostat either so I'll need to sort that out.
Can't make my mind up sand or gravel? I'll be adding live plant's. Need this set up for Tuesday.
1470917666280.jpg
Received my pleco hide for Finlay he's already in it!

30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Shuffled the artificial plants/plants/driftwood/lighting among the 3 large tanks. Keeping an eye on my 55g angel tank, I don't like the look of the water, it's still cloudy. I know some of it is because I shuffled the sand around last night, so I'm waiting to see what else is going on with it. I used cardboard on the outside open "windows" on either side of where the light strips go, so that way it reduces the amount of ambient light coming in the top. Not that it really matters, but I'm coming up with anything I can just in case it's a bacteria bloom.

I HAVE A BLUE BETTA TOO but I named him Toby hehe. Have any of you read the book Blue by Danielle Steele? I was remimded of the character seeing the betta posts :)

I HAVE A BLUE BETTA TOO but I named him Toby hehe. Have any of you read the book Blue by Danielle Steele? I was remimded of the character seeing the betta posts :)

Oh you rebel.
This is our other betta can you guess his name?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470925389.657706.jpg

Red. We are so creative lol.

The photos are absolutely gorgeous, btw. My apologies for neglecting to put them in my previous post. :) And GG, I haven't heard "Danielle Steel" in ages! :D I've not had a chance to read that one, but I might now. :D

Went shopping today for items for my bettas tank. Decided on black substrate, bought a new thermostat and thermometer. Added the substrate and I have the filter and thermostat running just to make sure all is ok. Going to add plant's on Monday and some driftwood from my boraras tank.
Bought Gonzo some live bloodworm as he's been feeling not so good :(
Cleaning out day tomorrow! Never stop. Can someone please remind me why I've added a third tank!

Went shopping today for items for my bettas tank. Decided on black substrate, bought a new thermostat and thermometer. Added the substrate and I have the filter and thermostat running just to make sure all is ok. Going to add plant's on Monday and some driftwood from my boraras tank.
Bought Gonzo some live bloodworm as he's been feeling not so good :(
Cleaning out day tomorrow! Never stop. Can someone please remind me why I've added a third tank!

Blame it on us. This site is a lousy with MTS. It is highly contagious.

I had one and a grow out tank outside with no light or filters.

Now I have 2 additional 8g Biorbs.

mez5Q3Dh.jpg
I removed all of the plants from my tank. Fish are still in there. Going to do a PWC and start replanting when the water clears up. I got tired of how it looked. This is NOT a dirted tank but it certainly is dirty!

Fresh2O - woah. Why did you remove them? If this is the one in your DP I might just cry - it looked beautiful!

I finally got power back three hours later while I was eating dinner. I dropped my fork, ran to the tanks and put water in the filters. You know you're obsessed with your fish when you would rush to the filters before turning your dining room's lights on LOL

Blame it on us. This site is a lousy with MTS. It is highly contagious.

I had one and a grow out tank outside with no light or filters.

Now I have 2 additional 8g Biorbs.

Yeah.... This place has not helped my MTS issues. In fact I'm likely doubling my gallon count tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also at work we order some bamboo shrimp got them today they were massive like the size of a crawfish

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom