What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thx yea that driftwood i had in there jus took up way too much room did a major water change and vaccumed alot junk lol

1477097669333.jpg

Like it Koopa.

Did a pwc on the 72G ~20G.

Have 5 RFA coming overnight tonight will get to see them in the morning to 3pm guaranteed! He said he got a good mix of colors and a really lovely looking fancy one, small but beautiful.

Scared and excited.

Picked up the SW and am headed next to do a 25-30% pwc tonight and another in the morning.

Maybe movin a few fish around.

Decided it was a good time to check out all the parameters of the 5 tanks.

Was most notably concerned with the Nitrates in the 72G. Up around 120ppm. All other tanks were good with 0 Nitrites and no ammonia on 3 tanks, the Tangerine Tiger shrimp tank and that hasn't had much of a water change for a little while which was a very slight tint off off yellow, not up to the .25 and a slight tint of pink on the Nitrates.

SW was not too bad - definately pwc time (a tiny tint off yellow under .25 for ammonia and about 20+ Nitrate), did the pwc 30% and used the pwc water to rinse out the Chaetomorpha, and needed some more water to cover it in the bucket so did another pwc of about 20%.

SW - After retest Ammonia was 0 and Nitrate was at 5-10 so did another 25%.

Tomorrow morning will do another 33% and test. I need to change the filter pad out too, over due task. Then all should be perfect for the new arrivals.

Also will be doing a big pwc on the 72G.

Well thought I had posted here last night.

Got a new Rock FLOWER garden started in the nano SW!

60074-albums14597-picture70671.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture70670.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture70675.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture70673.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture70674.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture70672.jpg

They RFA's have moved around a little and one 9" and the biggest one which is really ruffled white went up the tank glass and then back down by tonight.

Got some additional little SW critters. And Macro Algaes as well!

Plan on working a new thread where you will be able to watch the building of the new SW nano tank. Maybe sometime this week will have enough time to get up all the pics.

Did a photo shoot of the unbagging and taking out the little items for the tank.

Last edited:
Today went to the CAS Fall Auction and got to see lots of really interesting fish and plants talk with many wonderful people.

Picked up a few fun things
4 Bucephlandra - tiny little guys, pics a little later. Helena $4, Mini Catherine $4 and 2-Velvet #3 - $7.

A really nice couple plants from the Florida Aquadic Nursery who donated them - A potted Anubias Nana Petite with maybe 20 tiny little leaves for $3. And a giant ~18-20" tall Newer type of potted Echinodorus St. Elmo's Fire the stems are about a 10-12" tall $9. Can only imagine it will go through a transition from now being immersed but it is really pretty.

Got a big bag of Riccia and 1 hitch hiking Red Cherry shrimp came along with it. $2

Hand size amount of Flame Moss $4.20

NIB Purigen 100ml bag for $1.40

A Pleco breeding clay cave for $4.

6 - 1-1.25" long baby Super Red Ancistrus for $18. Great guy is the fish breeder, talked with him about the fish. Nice little fish. (Put 4 of them into the 12G nano fish tank to grow up a little.)

Helped out a little & had a great time!!! Love the auction!

Then visited with a friend of mine and traded 2 baby Super Red Ancistrus for some really pretty Green Platties they are creamy and navy and a little blue and green iridescent, so pretty. All ages from about 6 small fry in the breeder net to about 8-10 in the 46G. And about 150-200 Red Ramshorn snails. They were divided into 3 groups, Really red, medium red & not too red or black or grey/blue. Put the really red into the 46G and the medium red into the 72G where the Clown Loach lives and the rest are waiting on stand by.

After SORTing out the Medium Reds and lesser reds/orange grey black not that red groups (yes grading them by color by hand!!!) I initially put all the less color grade into the 72G but after considering how many might actually live (there were maybe <60- 90 RH snails I scooped them out very quickly so they would be a better red color RH snails in the tank to look at. The Loach may not eat ALL 90 -100+ snails for a long time.

Added extra Prime into the snail tub and after noting the water temp n the 72G was on the top of the ideal temp range, I lowered it just a little.

So took some pics and will post in the next week!

:D

We added a total of seven Harlequin rasboras (three of them are purple!) over the last two days, so I set up the Aqueon 10 gallon filter with BioMax and quilting batting instead of a cartridge. The expense of the cartridges is why we stopped using it in the first place.

One of the guppies is either trying to school with or break up the school of Harlequins.

I'm regenerating the purigen for the first time. A little nervous about that!

That's beautiful, and I envy the look of your red plants. What kind of CO2 set up are you using, if any?

Thanks! Ludwigia species 'red' on the left and AR mini on the right.
Pressurized Paintball: AquaTek Premium Reg, Valken 24 oz paintball tank, Fluval bubble counter, Rhinox check valve, CO2 tubing, Fluval ceramic diffuser.

Thanks for that. I'm waiting for GLA to introduce a new paintball regulator before making a decision. ("Soon," they said...) You're happy with the Aquatek?

I'm happy with the AquaTek. Fine control knob can be a bit sensitive but overall has been fine for the 2.5 years I've had it. It's a standard regulator with a paintball adaptor. Paid about $89 USD.
So far most of the HC Cuba has stayed in the substrate. In hindsight, I should have pulled "plugs" from the existing patch of HC Cuba in the tank:
1. The existing patch needs to be thinned out
2. Faster rooting time since there will be no transition from emersed to submerged. Argh. Live and learn.

My aquatek mini has been awesome love it i have 2 of them with 4 xtras bottles lol stocked up on co2 lol

Agreed. Nice looking and texture. Yay for phone camera upgrades!

Added some minerals and water from evap. Morning will bring water changes. Critters seem alive and doing alright. I am getting nervous because a tank change is coming soon but since I will be out of town in the near future I might wait as no one can be watching for things/issues if there is a problem. Might be moving a few more fish, still thinking it over.

Have been doing more reading about fish and tank ideas/changes for the tanks.

"Stubby! It's rude to eat your tank mates!" said my child to our blue ram. He ate a few baby snails before we got them out.

I also set up a DIY yeast CO2 system. That's... Exciting.

Back
Top Bottom