What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well starting over with my Ada mini m jus could get the algae under control staghorn, stringy long green algar. Im having a hard time keeping a stable amount of co2. Will be replacing the substrate with global stratum again some different Ohko stones maybe some small spiderwood. Will be spraying the hydro sp. Japan with some hydrogen peroxide before an whatever other plants i might be keepintapatalk_1480137770525.jpg

Attachments

• tapatalk_1480137770525.jpg
    tapatalk_1480137770525.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 45
Removed the latest Rock Flower Anemone which never got settled and seems to be nearly dead. It opened up a little today but it's foot wasn't attached to anything and hasn't been for a day and a half before and it was shriveled and I figured it was only near death. Moved in a net to the 6.6g MacroAlgae "vase". Maybe...

Had done another 1G pwc the night before, :(. Still have another gallon or so but I need to go get 15-20G more SW water from the SW lfs.

Pulled out about 90% of the subwassertang from the shrimp tank and put it into my holding tank.
4Hy6JMdh.jpg
Here is a before and after pic of the tank. Lots of open space in front; I can actually see the shrimp now.
ton1n4uh.jpg

Stared at my Monte Carlo carpet for a good few hours cursing. Attempted voodoo in the hope to get it to grow healthily. It didn't work so I cursed again and thought about all the different possibilities that could be making it go brown. Decided that as I did the same thing yesterday and the day before I would just continue to let it grow to see if turns green some day.

Wiped some algae off the front glass and cried...

Well starting over with my Ada mini m jus could get the algae under control staghorn, stringy long green algar. Im having a hard time keeping a stable amount of co2. Will be replacing the substrate with global stratum again some different Ohko stones maybe some small spiderwood. Will be spraying the hydro sp. Japan with some hydrogen peroxide before an whatever other plants i might be keepin

Love that scape mate. Good luck with your efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stared at my Monte Carlo carpet for a good few hours cursing. Attempted voodoo in the hope to get it to grow healthily. It didn't work so I cursed again and thought about all the different possibilities that could be making it go brown. Decided that as I did the same thing yesterday and the day before I would just continue to let it grow to see if turns green some day.

Wiped some algae off the front glass and cried...

Oh your killing me. I snorted my coffee up my nose. I love high tech voodoo tanks!

Oh your killing me. I snorted my coffee up my nose. I love high tech voodoo tanks!

I'm having to life tap from my puppy just to keep the Monte Carlo alive.

No seriously though. I haven't really done anything. It's a waiting game right now.

Thank goodness! I extra taped the box so the PO wouldn't have a bunch of rocks flying through the equipment, hahahaha. (It's happened before :eek:)

Of course they look better in water :brows:!

New substrate cleaned the hell out of the rocks to make sure no staghorn was left an rescaped the tank
Will take a better pic Tom once it all clears up 1481418768788.jpg

A couple of things. Pretty sure the newest RFA is a gonner.

Part 2 of the saga is a strange blob is on the glass corner but in a odd spot next to a rock and a little feather duster and obscured by the macroalgae Codium. So it looks like it could maybe, possibly be a small RFA. The size of a dime. But I really can not see the top very well it looks light reddish / didn't really have any glowing in the actnic light that I could see but can't see the top other than the edge as mentioned.

Shopped online for some different substrate for the new SW 12G and checked out some shrimp substrate, still can't decide. A long while back for the SW I got a 20# bag of Hawaiian Black sand but was still considering keeping the pinkish Garnet sand, but there is some nice white sea shell sand too, lol!

Each option has at least one really good plus and at least one negative. Making the decision process even harder.

On to the FW side of things. I think that the 12G Edge tank is going to get a good tear down cleaning. It has a healthy stock of algae presently and I had the upper hand before I went on vacation then found out the light was left on a couple days over night. It has been growing in every plant but the Crypt Balansae in little billows. An ugly mess. Have to decide which tank that those fish will be moved to.

25 percent wc
Changed out some media and rinsed old.
Propagated some helferi
Planted couple stems
Clean glass
And hunt for any berried shrimp.

Leak test a new tank
Got a 40b

Our fry are getting adventurous enough to swim more deeply and broadly than just pretending to be bubbles and hiding in plants. My plants are still diminishing. I will be getting a light for Christmas....

I want more mosses. So many mosses! They look so great on the trees.

Did more people house projects today than fish house ones :/ Have a few fish which need new homes. Maybe have a couple local people who need some fish for Christmas :brows:

Back
Top Bottom