What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, there are two berried females plus two saddled.
Correction: I ordered 20, not 30 lbs of black mountain seiryu stone.

I just can't buy rock online. I have to touch them. Spin them around a scrutinize them. I wander around the local building material/landscaping supply stores. Armed with my smartphone to research mineral content of the ones I like.

However I did buy that Kaleidoscope Jasper Agate online for the nursery. We don't have anywhere local that carries cut rock that is rough or polished.

I hope they arrive and you are thrilled with them.

I just can't buy rock online...

That's because I live dangerously (said the person who has purchased fish only five times in the last five years, QTs everything 1-2 weeks minimum, and does hour long drip acclimations).

...I hope they arrive and you are thrilled with them.

I hope so as well. I'll post a review on my Planted tank thread.

Ugh! So disappointed [emoji17]

I spent hours yesterday doing water changes in all the tanks, only to find this today Image1489261725.290610.jpg

.25/.25/10
Guess what I'm doing again today?

H2o2 some clado in spec iii with 50 pwc. 75 pwc on 10g. Big trim on the java today.

Finally got to the lfs and picked up fungal meds

Turned my water green...kids love it lol

Betta is more than happy to look after the expensive plants and inverts Image1489332029.428036.jpg
I left anything that was fluffy in the tank to withstand treatment

Made this craft I saw online

It's meant to be a Betta tank but I don't think it could hold anything bigger than a couple of shrimp or a plant Image1489363693.818401.jpg
A Betta wouldn't be able to turn around, let alone live for long [emoji33]

PWC and vacuum on the nursery tank. Nail biter though with all those shrimplettes bobbing around.

Work out alright???

Made this craft I saw online

It's meant to be a Betta tank but I don't think it could hold anything bigger than a couple of shrimp or a plant View attachment 296201
A Betta wouldn't be able to turn around, let alone live for long [emoji33]

Cute and fun to make one!

Yeah, Planted Bowl that size not too good for a Betta, poor thing if it were to contain a Betta, as someone might do from the craft recommendations. Walmart has a nice 3G container which is around $10-12 like a round old fashioned canister. Like this shape
60074-albums12102-picture55171.jpg

I've been eyeing the type jar which has a stand, looks like a Mason jar and you keep lemonade or ice tea in to serve. For a planted "bowl" for shrimp.

I got 2 mollies male and female and got gold gourami View attachment 296217View attachment 296218

If that Gourami doesn't get yellow, you got a Opaline Gourami.

~~~~~

Watched the Cherry shrimp in their planted bowl chasing each other around in circles like a race track...must be mating time.

Here is a fun (older) thread about planted bowls with lots of nice pics
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/planted-bowls-256693.html

Yesterday, tried to buy someones Cardinal School of about 50 but they were already sold.

Last edited:
Work out alright???.

I think so. I put the food in the back and swished around the front with my fingers slowly trying to get everyone to leave. They landed on me. Fearless critters.

I painstaking examined the water and found one I have vacuumed up. About the size of a mosquito larvae. I put him back in the tank.

I think so. I put the food in the back and swished around the front with my fingers slowly trying to get everyone to leave. They landed on me. Fearless critters.

I painstaking examined the water and found one I have vacuumed up. About the size of a mosquito larvae. I put him back in the tank.

Yay!!! Good job! Funny how they like to swarm around ones hand.

Sometimes when I'm working on my tank, an amano will swim over to my hand and start picking. That isn't quite what I had in mind when "feeding" them. :eek: :lol:

Oh my! I haven't had that happen yet. Just the little Red Cherry landings I can barely feel.

I bet you can feel the Amano picking away at your tasty human flesh.

Added 6 Otocinclus to the tank to help with my algae that is growing on all of my rocks.

Also found one of my Rams in my filter sock dead. Not sure if it died first or after in spent some time in the filter sock. I added some quilting mesh to the wier to prevent the fish from going into the sock. I quite often have had to remove fish/shrimp for the filter sock.

I know I've read somewhere that a .25 reading in ammonia could be an artifact of Prime dosing.

Really? I'm relieved to hear that

I think I will run before/after tests next time I water change and see how they pull out....I usually only do before unless I'm doing a series of them to bring down a stat I don't like.

Moved all of the guppy fry to the 10 gallon. I'm going to the fish nerd place tomorrow and asking the owner to order us some psuegomugil rainbow fish.

I'm ready for this tank to have the fish we choose to stock, instead of being overrun by prolific poopers we didn't put there. Ugh. Guppies.

Hopefully we'll be able to pick up a couple of kuhli loaches to round out the shoal and black worms for the puffers.

I need some crushed coral, too, I guess. Even with a cuttlebone, having coral skeletons in the tank, and using a hardness booster, the pH still drops out with the CO2. It's either that or add baking soda with each water change.

Back
Top Bottom