What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tried to put a very large piece of driftwood in my new 60G. Wow is it bouyant. I think I would need a cinder block to sink it now. Forced it under water and hoping it soaks up some water soon. A lot of water.

Rabbits love lotuses. Be ware.

The spouse brought home something shiny new made for the CO2 system. Very excited. He asked how the fish would react to him drilling the tank stand. I suggested that we partially drain the tank, move it, and then he can take the stand elsewhere to work on it. He asked if that would be stressful for the fish.

I'm sure drilling angle iron would be very relaxing.

Spent my day in a mad rush, finished work to come home and found the strangest thing... my dwarf gourami had been biting my angelfish's eye and it was bleeding so set up a hospital tank and moved him to be treated and recover

Check the water parameters. Sometimes an issue.

Sometimes a mean fish. I just had a similar situation, it was a male Swordtail biting the eye of my Angel. Then started after my Gourami, both fish MUCH larger then he.

Finally got the CO2 system up and running. Have a Saga inline diffuser. Milwaukee regulator. 5lb bottle. Injecting right after the return pump @ 1bubble/sec to start. Will check the drop checker in a few hours to see how things are going.

NICE!!!

Tried to put a very large piece of driftwood in my new 60G. Wow is it bouyant. I think I would need a cinder block to sink it now. Forced it under water and hoping it soaks up some water soon. A lot of water.
I have 5 recently purchased new driftwood floating for over a month now still bouncy like a buoy!

Watching the neons shoal. Shrimp are still eating...
View attachment 297519View attachment 297520

Pretty!

I would say easy. I wish I had another

Check the edges of the plant, they split off and make new ones and can find them at the base sometimes.

Rabbits love lotuses. Be ware.

The spouse brought home something shiny new made for the CO2 system. Very excited. He asked how the fish would react to him drilling the tank stand. I suggested that we partially drain the tank, move it, and then he can take the stand elsewhere to work on it. He asked if that would be stressful for the fish.

I'm sure drilling angle iron would be very relaxing.
Yes, the fish would love that. ROFL!!!

~~~~
Fed Tubifex and Plankton.

20% pwc on SW nano. Saw at least 7 Dwarf Brittle Stars grabbing for the foods. My Stylophora frag is bleaching in spots. Was warned about that from SniperHank. :(

Nice thing is the 12G SW fishless cycling tank is getting lighter color Nitrites test every few days, so it is getting closer, probably another week and we'll be in business. Fingers crossed, lol.

~38G pwc on the 46G tank. Had a touch of ammonia maybe .05-.10 and a little nitrate, probably 30-40, (0 Nitrite) have a bunch of fish in there because of the Platys. Cleaned out the AC 110 too. Bunch of Platy will hopefully go to the pond.

Was trying to save a gallon pitcher of seeded media but ran out of air bubblers to keep it circulating and after 2 days was a lot of die off and it was stinky!!! Dumped water and added some water from cleaning out the AC110, maybe save enough to keep it able to cycle the QT tank.

1.5G pwc on the Spec V (5G) with the baby Albino bn plecos and the Poppa BN still in the cave. Saw at least one of the tiny babies still zipping around the tank, from the 2 that fell out of the cave when being moved, and he's 2x as big as last week!!! Been keeping the light on it a little bit longer to grow more algae for when they come out of the cave.

The lone Discus seems to have decent color, no black stress bars and I think she ate a little bit.

Tested her water maybe .15 ammonia, 0 Nitrite, and maybe 2 Nitrate Tomorrow pwc on that tank of 75%. She is the one of the pair that would come out and watch me, still coming out from behind her blanket covering and looking at me, a little swimming around rather than sitting in the corner, and that seems good.

Adding some Prime just to make sure the water stays good til morning after feeding cubes of both foods in an attempt to entice eating.

Maybe going to move the Angels from the 72G and switch the Discus back to the big tank which is where I would like her to be, sometime this week, need to redecorate the tank a little to make more room for swimming. Maybe will buy a moderate size companion for her, or a number of smaller ones, still trying to get best consensus for the decision. The stress from this fish is making me old faster than I'd like!!!

While I love the garnet sand, I don't know if it shows the shrimplettes very well. IMG_8390.jpg

If I change the sand it would be in sections at a time. Vacuuming up sand is easy.

What color though? Or should I just leave it and it's fine?

Your tanks have strongly made me consider that sand on my next build. Both I think nothing brings out rcs color like black.

There is also garnet sand with orange sunset tones. I am passively looking for that at the moment. The sand from the river in idaho is all the purple color Garnet sand at least so far as I have seen.

My 2 sands came from different sources. One is purple not reddish I ordered off eBay. One is more reddish that I got from a water filtration supply. Very different colors.

Rearranging some plants. Moved java fern to the 29, compacta to the 20. Bought a tiny banana plant for the topple popple's betta. I also got some microsword for the 20. I loved it when I had it before, and now I can give it CO2, good light, and fertilizers. Should be awesome.

Did a 40% water change. Love the Python. I drain the tank for 10mins, literally. I set a 10min timer on my phone. Removes just shy of 35 gallons (gravity run), then fill it which takes roughly 4mins. Have marks on my taps so the water goes in at or just below tank temp. So in 15mins, of which I only spend 5mins of actual work, I can do my WC.

Did a 40% water change. Love the Python. I drain the tank for 10mins, literally. I set a 10min timer on my phone. Removes just shy of 35 gallons (gravity run), then fill it which takes roughly 4mins. Have marks on my taps so the water goes in at or just below tank temp. So in 15mins, of which I only spend 5mins of actual work, I can do my WC.

That sounds good!

Had a big mess in the 29G Discus Tank as the Discus didn't seem to eat the Plankton.

Emptied it again! Refilled it and had to dig around the fish closet for a working filter. I probably killed the BB on the seeded media I tried to save. It's always something. My big filter I dug out didn't work :facepalm: so I am stuck with a little one for now. Better than nothing for tonight as it was too late to go buy a new one.

Also found a bunch of dead tiny Plecos, I saw maybe 5 alive. I think the flow slowed down, there was some little bits of Subwassertang stuck in the inflow.

Not exactly sure what happened there but they got fuzzy, not sure if that was before, but probably just after they died. 70% pwc

Tried to capture the poppa but he squeezed away too many times. He has been sitting on the eggs not eating for so long I don't want to stress him out too much, cause him illness.

I'm getting tired of fish, lol. Mostly of changing water!!! Bought more Prime they only had a x-small bottle and got a big bottle of Stress Coat.

Added some SAEs to the tank where free on CL gotten about 2 weeks ago have a small 10gl quarantine tank and they checked out clear lol
4626a768990223fc490ad872d3b00a33.jpg

Back
Top Bottom