What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woke up this morning to a Spec with opaque water. As it turns out, leaving watermelon in a tank overnight is a bad idea. It's all taken care of now.

I swear 90% of my aquaria problems stem from poor decision making.

I made this thread, whew! It is really late so I can fix the typos, etc tomorrow/later!

This has to be the longest going thread ever [emoji4]

In fact I believe that's why this thread takes a while to load compared to other threads.

I love this thread!

As I was running out the door decided to feed the 20 Rosy Minnows I am trying again from a different supply lfs, in the pond and the water circulator was DEAD, tried jiggling shaking etc. So ran back in and grabbed an extra air pump and threw it in. Not supposed to rain today, fingers crossed.

Will need to dig around for the real pond pump later. Outdoor safe. Ugh!

Still able to run out aftet 19 minutes and be on time.

Angel swimmers all looking great, just a few are still wigglers. Will be trying a small pwc.

Have previously had angel parents go crazy and eat babies when I did a pwc so debating best choice. Maybe doing water removal from the filter compartment instead of the tank.

Then try adding a sponge end water removal tube and leave it in there permanently clamped with the water in it.

OMG those 6 fry were harder to catch than Khuli's. Pert near emptied the tank 2/3 of the way.

Put them in the main tank (after feeding the adults and dimming the lights).

Put the Big Daddy Orb back together....IMG_9893.jpgIMG_9892.jpg

Last edited:
I've decided to put the two timed tanks on different light cycles. I reorganized all the wiring only to realize that the transformers are too big for the new (two prong) timer to be plugged in, and the things without transformers are three prong. I had set all of the timers at 9pm (current time) and switched on the power strip a few minutes after 9. Then this morning one light was on at 6am so clearly I did not get that right. I'll be dealing with that later.

Did a 75% water change, vacuumed up lots of brown dusty algae/diatoms (and snail poop!), sucked up lots of that goopy whiteish fungus, and added 2 bunches of moneywort and 4 bunches of purple/green cabomba to replenish what I've lost. It looks beautiful again, can't wait for the cabomba to grow taller. New additions are doing well but my corys aren't schooling very much.

Seem to have lost my SW Gold Stripe Goby he was there just the other day and I fed him, didn't see a body on the floor. The last couple days have been waiting for it to pop out, is usually at the front glass.

There is space and he could have jumped. It is too bad, I really liked him and he was so pretty. My little Clown Goby is by its self again and seems fine about it. Always coming over like a little puppy to say hi and for me to feed her.

Found a sick minnow in the little pond euthanized it. Treating with some Melafix to see if that helps. Otherwise looked like around more than 15 little fish were eager for a feeding!!!

So sorry you lost your Goby. [emoji26]I had a Khuli jump out once and didn't find him until the next day.

PWC on the Biube and Main Tank today. No drama yeah!

However I have had to euthanize 3 neons over the past 2 months. Just a general gradual decline that had me concerned about a bug. But I have had some of these Neons for years. I suspect it is just old age. But I haven't been able to find any reading on signs of aging for fish. Since I unexpectedly have 6 more mDwarf Rainbow fry I'm still a little heavy on stock.

IMG_9944.jpgIMG_9948.jpg

I fed my fish and took some photos today. I am debating doing some water changes today also.

I did two water changes today. I also unplugged a filter and attached it to my canister filter.

Thanks TMaier.

Last week or so ago I got my API Master Kit, but it had leaked. and made a mess inside the package.

Didn't get around to getting pics but finally last night.

Sent pics to seller and heard back to open and check the inside, for how much leaked. Not too much less than a 1/4 but there were 3 bottles which leaked and ruined the booklet, which I DID want to be able to use.

Also the Ammonia container leakes when doing hte drops which is a problem for accurate dosing. Sent more pics and witing to hear.

Used the test kit to make sure it worked accurately.

Angelfish pair 29G are in water that is
0-0-0 I didn't really believe it. But it was true. I did another test on the Nitrate just to be sure as the first sample was taken out of the filter outflow for convenience and wondered if it was just because it was the "cleaner" filtered water. more later - company showed up.

replaced glass tops on my 90g still have to remove again to drill out 4 holes for fans
2 inlets 2 outlets , prepping for the hot days , lost the blues in one of the Chinese leds
but I cant complain I got 6 yrs out of that one average life is 3 yrs ,
ordered new fixture than Ill bring the old one to garage and see if I can repair .

Thanks TMaier.

Sent pics to seller and heard back to open and check the inside, for how much leaked. Not too much less than a 1/4 but there were 3 bottles which leaked and ruined the booklet, which I DID want to be able to use.

I converted the instructions to a word doc or PDF format. I can't read the small booklet print. If you want a copy message me and I will email it to you. Let me know which format.

I converted the instructions to a word doc or PDF format. I can't read the small booklet print. If you want a copy message me and I will email it to you. Let me know which format.

Hahaha, perhaps I will need that. The seller sent some kind of a file to print for the instructions. I have the old booklet but it is 5 years old I think, it is wrikled and stained. I wanted a new book. Haven't got any offers yet other than a question of which bottles were damaged.

Okay.

After doing testing all around the tanks found that there were about 50 Nitrates on the 72G pwc 40% changed there and the 46G was at 80. So filter clean and pwc. Dosed Prime. Until that. Yikes. I hate trying to feed baby fish (the 20 Green Lantern Platy) I guess over feeding them!

Pond had .25 ammonia but other parameters were good.

Everything else looked good (too many to type in).

1G pwc on Betta Spec V / cleaned sponge.

Planning a clean out on the canister filter for the 72G tomorrow. After water change it was about 25-30 Nitrate.

Finish off all the normal pwc before the work week. OMGG.

Angel pair look to be getting ready for eggs AGAIN.

Pleco is guarding his cave again in the 72G.

Found 2 dead Minnows. Unfortunately I can't tell if they are the old stock or new. Added 15G of fresh water to the pond and extra Prime :/ Added dose of Melafix. More new water for them tomorrow.

Thinking of moving some fish around again.

Yesterday removed about 5 Bristleworms from the SW Nano tank.

Lmao :lol: are you sure I'm not standing there as every time I need to read something it is printed so small it's impossible to read , even read with a magnifier glass ,

I bought a copy scanner that makes things large enough to read lol
my eyes are so bad I cant read black on white anymore , now I have clear yellow plastic on my screen it helps me see what I'm reading .
forget what the dr called it

Lmao :lol: are you sure I'm not standing there as every time I need to read something it is printed so small it's impossible to read , even read with a magnifier glass ,

I bought a copy scanner that makes things large enough to read lol
my eyes are so bad I cant read black on white anymore , now I have clear yellow plastic on my screen it helps me see what I'm reading .
forget what the dr called it

You want another real good laugh. Pick up the 1oz bottle of Prazipro and try to real the directions. I had the use my hubbies super magnifying glass.

Back
Top Bottom