What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found the cave with lots of babies, had to move the cave strongly in the bucket to get Poppa BN out. Got 20 or 21 in with the Betta. Like a wall to wall plant jungle going on in that tank on all but the area where the water comes out of the outflow, maybe 2/3 - 3/4 plants. If I see the Betta going for a snack spree or getting to seem aggressive I will pull him out.

So 1/4+ pwc on the Koi Angels with babies breeding tank. One time when I did a pwc with them they ate all the babies. This time I used a little different strategy and it worked out well I think, had to get at least some of the much off of the bare bottom tank.

Moved a large spiky DW from the 72G to the 29G Koi tank. Just sorta there to keep wet and hang out till I get to a bunch of rescaping someday.

50% pwc on the 72G - grabbed a few dead leaves and gobs of duckweed plus 50% of the Water sprite or wisteria blocking most of the light my plants at the bottom are suffering greatly. Most of the plants are messed up. I am blaming it on a lack of time.

After the pwc the fish were really curious and checking things out. The two SAE were chasing each other around like crazy. Finally see the big and the small Clown Loach spending some time together.

The odd girl out Angel is still getting chased off from the other two, I suspect breeding is coming soon.

Did pwc on the 12G Edge ~2-2.5G Added about 16-20 baby BN Plecos in the cave to the tank. Removed sooooo much duckweed from that tank.

I will be needing to redo that tank pretty soon / upcoming months and then the larger babies can be sold or traded, etc.

Hoping that the upcoming Fluval Edge 3 tank really is coming out soon. Since I won't probably be able to afford the stand as well at the same time I will be looking around for a deal for a strong buffet cabinet for the time being. Wanting it to be the new nano fish tank. Will be nice to see the fish be able to swim more acroooooss the tank. :)

20170720_165107.jpg
Hello, babies.

I got the notification that TMaier's package had arrived and was delivered into our mailbox when I wouldn't be able to get home for two hours. I just imagined these poor creatures baking in our black mailbox. Fortunately, T had some awesome insulation in that box and everybody was okay!

Half of the mysteries went in with the community and half into the Spec. I'm a little concerned about how aggressive our very large mystery snail can be.

I'm moving puffer eggs up off of the sand still. Copter is still upset with me. I'm trying to prevent her from noticing, because she doesn't seem to be as upset at the shrimp who keeps eating them.

So relieved! My husband laughs at me when I am making the insulated lining for the boxes. But my babies are worth it.

I'm going to buy 4 more tetras for my 20L. I have 4 in there now. 3 bloodfin and 1 black neon. The black neon was added to the bag by mistake and I didn't realize until I put them in the tank! So now he's lonely. I'm getting 3 more of his kind and one more bloodfin so I'll have 4 of each.

I had zero ammonia as of yesterday which was the fourth day of being in the tank. I'm assuming the bioload is too small to get the cycle started so I'm adding a few more to get things moving.

I took a few bags to the fish nerd place. I make grocery bags out of duck fabric and then block print fish on them. The owner is selling them on consignment.

I'm worried that I didn't let the ink cure long enough....

I also traded about half of a gallon of AR mini for a packet of frozen daphnia. That plant does way too well in our tanks. It's popping up several inches from where it was planted, which is an issue given how tall and dense it is.

I was glad to see that my little java ferns attached to ceramic faux woodgrain pieces were all gone. I have SO MUCH java fern.

Next time I buy plants, I'm sticking with some more slow growing stuff like buce.

Been doing all sorts of misc things.

I got the Neon Green Lightning (so says the giver) Endlers. The 2 males went into the nano tank and most of the babies went into the breeder net in the Angelfish nursery. But the baby Endlers were dead when I got home from work :( I am so so sad. The Angelfish babies seem fine. I lost a couple little cherry shrimp in the net too. It is full of plants and I am not sure what the issue is. Perhaps a low circulation of water through the netting.

There is the mom and a few babies in the 2G jar still. The only consolation is that the momma fish puts out many fish each month but I was hoping all the babies (Angels and Endlers) would get grown up at the same time. There were also a handfull of blue-ish Cherry Shrimp a brownish red and a couple reddish, and tiny just born few as well they ended up in the jar.

Doing a pwc for the tank and 2G jar as well.

Water changes for both tanks! Plus almost vacuuming up one of my N. multifasciatus fry... Oops. At least he/she is okay!

Other than that, not much has changed or occurred.

Water changes for both tanks! Plus almost vacuuming up one of my N. multifasciatus fry... Oops. At least he/she is okay!

Other than that, not much has changed or occurred.

Lol. Done that! I have had two fish water slides on separate occasions. One of them I didn't see until I spotted him in the bucket.

Reactivated the 10g tank as a home for juvenile platys. They're anywhere from just above a quarter inch to just short of a full inch in size. The tank is overcrowded at ten platys (so far, might move 2-3 more), but it has both a sponge filter and an AC20 and gets 20% water changes daily, so I think it's okay. The water quality has been fine, so far. Eventually these will go to the LFS, once they're about 1 inch in size.

The main tank still has >10 platys in it, plus a couple of newborns I just saw. I've decided to gradually catch them all and give them to the LFS, too, getting myself out of the (unintended) platy-ranching business. They're pretty fish, among my favorites, but I'm tired of the recurring Malthusian crisis these happy, healthy, sex-happy fish give me.

No more livebearers. :nono:

On Sunday I was doing domestic drudgery while my hubbie played with his latest project in the garage. I complained at how unfair it was and asked that he help for a bit.

Last night he hired a cleaning service to start tomorrow.

So now I get to play with tanks, plants and snails all weekend.

Woohoo!!!!

On Sunday I was doing domestic drudgery while my hubbie played with his latest project in the garage. I complained at how unfair it was and asked that he help for a bit.

Last night he hired a cleaning service to start tomorrow.

So now I get to play with tanks, plants and snails all weekend.

Woohoo!!!!

Okay!!! Double WIN!!!

~~~

The baby Angelfish continue to grow. They are starting to get the diamond shape.

Pwc today, so I will get them in some pics and post them. Frankly I am shocked that it SEEMS - knock on wood, etc. they look like they are mostly all alive. Realy I can't believe they lived this long.

The parents are less skiddish at this point. They first few batches where they got scared and ate the babies was discouraging.

The interesting thing is that the fry are guppy fry looking at first and over the past 4 days - (some are 2x larger than others btw), and they start looking mutant and now they are getting the Angelfish diamond shape. Can hardly wait to see them get the top fin point!!!

That was kinda what I had happen to when I had the mystery fry. I thought they were Endlers. But they kept getting big and no color. Took a few months for them to start looking like dwarf rainbows. IMG_1266.jpg
And my flower opened [emoji18]IMG_1261.jpg

now thats a good looking flower
attachment.php

Had been cleaning my tank off all the hard water stains all day. The fish are in a bucket now. I had 3 golden mystery snails in it. I went to take a look at the bucket and found that one of the snail was lying outside the bucket. :(

I did a 'sniff test' and surprisingly, it didn't smell. I just put it back into the bucket. But the trapdoor is inside the shell, looks kind of retracted. I don't know how long it was out. Is there any chance that the snail might survive?

Went to buy birdseed this morning and visited the 7yr old Goldie.

Cleaned Red's Biorb and the Big Daddy Biorb. Things are going good. IMG_1311.jpg

Back
Top Bottom