What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After several complaints on the color of my sand , they credited my account and put payment back on my card . now I have to think long and hard do I want to change out sand again , my answer is yes when next year after everything settles down .
I don't get many opportunity's to do anything on my schedule anymore it's like being a prisoner in my own home .
since my sand removal and more caves are exposed my engineer goby has become more social seems to be coming out more ,

Nice, maybe by then you will have made decisions to change things up, add more of something else etc.

It isn't what you want but doesn't look bad, just different.

Did fast pwc all around in the smaller tanks
SW 20-25%
6.6G RFA and tiny things tank
12G Nano
6.6 macroalgae

FW
Turtle bowl 45%
Subwassertang moss bowl 45%
added tank water to all the cups and misc containers
29G 33%
5G Spec V 33%
12G PRL 20-25% also some RO = to evap

Going to test the 2 big tanks and the PRL tank to get a feel of how they are getting along.

Need to remove a tennis ball amount of Chaeto and trim back macroalgaes in the 6.6G SW nano, it is getting crowded and shading the Rock Flower Anemones.

Push it back into the corner each week but no more room to push it back far enough anymore.

Turtle bowl is looking so lush and thick, will need to remove a pad/ball of Riccia fluitans as it is about 1/3rd of the top of the bowl now size of a med/lg ladies hand.(how's that for a measurement).

Baby Biorb had it’s semi annual under gravel/sand sponge cleaning. Beneficial bacteria is amazing. Very little odor to the substrate or sponges.

Replaced the air stone with one of these. IMG_2075.jpg
Fit perfect.
Biorb wants way to much moola for their brand.

Clearing up now and should be ready for a pic tomorrow.

Biorb and Biube got their cleaning. Using the sponges as under gravel filters has been working great. Live plants and light feeding I’m sure are helping too. IMG_2082.jpg
IMG_2084.jpgIMG_2087.jpgIMG_2086.jpg

When I was cleaning the ube I’m not sure if I caught all 3 Amanos or caught the same one 3 times lol.

Looking good Biube/Orb master!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Was leaving for work and turning on the lights and saying good morning to the fish and saw there was something bad going on in the 72G.

All the fish were gasping.

I had a leftover 5G bucket of prepped water for the fish tank and added it to the 72G. Not too sure what happened. It was a do something fast or else disaster would be imminent. I did an emergency FX-5 filter clean and water change of 30%, added some trace mineral in case it was a pH crash. Also added a big air bubbler.

Called in to get someone to cover my first hour of work and got the quick clean done and when I got home at the end of the night the water was cloudy, lots of gunk from the intake outflow tubes blasted the tank with a flurry of muck particles in the morning when I turned the filter back on - oops (you're suppose to clean those out too?!?). They have ribs in the tubes and that always collects stuff. Added more Prime.

I was really worried, the fish looked bad. Like the pH crash I had before about 4 years back. I didn't have time to test or do anything but just get it cleared. Hoping the water clears by tomorrow night. Unfortunately I work the next 2 days with family dinner not at my house late after worth Thursday.

Ordered one 8x8x4" MarinePure Ceramic Biomedia on sale for $36 from BRS usually $51.99. Planning on trying it out. Saw it promoted (or something just like it from the product developer) a few years back at MACNA and always was pretty interested. Claims to be awesome pod farm housing as well as BB for SW. I think BB for the FW will be ideal too. Not positive if I will cut it up or leave it whole.

The whole block which is 8"x8"x4”Marinepure Block: 23,000 sq ft of surface area - wow!

TMaier - Just found Planaria all over the glass in the PRL tank, about 9 all sizes. From very small, medium and large ones Waaaaaaah! Unbelieveable.

Have to cut back on feeding I guess, I think I will need to move the Boraras Brigittae because they are getting fed frequently, a bit more than needed for the Shrimp :( :( :( Not looking forward to the worry of the treatment and my sweet little shrimpies.

^^^ I’ve treated planaria using fenbendazole and the RCS and snails were fine. Not sure if Caridina shrimp are any more sensitive.
I also built a DIY trap like the following. This was after treatment so I was not able to catch any worms. IMG_4675.jpg

I'm so nervous about leaving everybody alone for a few days. The only issue we've had was a crash in the Spec, but apparently worrying is my special skill.

The solenoid had a bad O-ring, so CO2 won't be running while we're gone. I'm bummed about that.

I know that fasting means the filters do less work and that the ramshorns have less fuel. It also means that the snails will make more of the algae and whatnot.

My biggest fear is a filter losing prime and running dry for a couple of days. Ugh. Worry.

So anyway I'm preparing the tanks for some alone time.

Autumnsky-Oh I hate planaria. How in the heck do they just show up in a shrimp tank where they have never been seen before. Good luck killing them.

I hope your 72g is alright.

I snuck up on him just couldn't resist

:fish1:OH this nem is so fluffy :fish2:

Attachments

• DSC_0079.jpg
    DSC_0079.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I just up graded from a ten gallon tank to a twenty gallon tank. Used the same filter, but went to a larger heater. So far every one seems to be ok. Although, I’m a little worried about my Corrie. I had to move things around in my living room, so they were in a bucket longer than I wanted. I combined new sand and old sand, used my old filter and added some of the water from the old tank. So hopefully everything continues to be smooth.IMG_1511573787.466669.jpgIMG_1511573820.355394.jpgIMG_1511573850.546896.jpg

:fish2: Performed my usual Friday 30% water change, cleaned glass and filter media and admired the beautiful results :fish2:

LIFE IS GOOD

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom