What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey wait a minute! I thought you were reducing your tank count?

Good news on your new additions.

Getting upgraded, 2 SW plus chaeto/Pods tank into one stand - 3 floor spaces to one.

Omgg Tmaier, those giant Turbo snails have about cleaned all glass interior if the pod tank. Like magic. I have a couple pics from a few days ago showing it half cleaned, and will get the latest last night was almost done. Like a pointy Roomba.

Can't get the 1st pics uploaded tonight. Will try again tomorrow.

No go for a new to me tank. I found a great deal on a almost $2000. retail price Elos tank for only $800. (only ~35G) Too bad I didn't just win the lottery or something and have money to burn.

Got some info on checking the faulty seal in the 90G tank from the garage. Will see if I can figure out something tomorrow. Weather depending.

In theory a 90G SW tank isn't too much to keep up after the initial set up of water, and not overstocking.

Only went to 2 far away lfs. Will need to buy the tank from a local I guess. My budget is not the highest so I will keep a keen eye open but not worry too much about the photo perfect look for the SW.

Lfs guy gave me the info for the company which makes or at least sells the acrylic rods to stack together SW rock formations with out having to epoxy them, though might do that too. Will be learning some new SW skills in the coming weeks!

Will look through the local ads to see if anything pops up. 2 weeks ago we had Reef fest and it is a big event and lots of sales of things. Maybe by now people have switched over their tanks and have one for sale?!?

Got a bunch of stuff in the mail. Lots of stuff mostly for shrimp.

Been working on painting the living room Sun and Mon. Moved some stuff back but had to rearrange a bunch of tank stuff and fish.

90G still is outside and needs to be checked and re sealed at the overflow/bulkhead in the bottom of the tank. I have little idea of what I am doing so will be reading up on how it works and how to fix.

72G moved the 3 BIG Angelfish to the 46G bowfront which I just set up again this afternoon. also the big Spotted Raphael Catfish went in there too as all are possible Neon Tetra eaters.

Caught the largest Koi Angel with the ends of the tail of a Neon in its mouth on Tuesday morning, which prompted the speedy timeline of tank switching.

The 29G QT of Neons is moved to the 72G and all seem to have weathered the transfer, as in I do not see any dead bodies late this evening.

The small Angel which was bullied was moved back to the 72G, still at this point small mouth not likely to be eating the Neons yet.

Moved a big DW over in the 72G to the end of the tank and one plant. Just because it was in the way.

Did not get to any scaping, that is on the back burner.

1.5 weeks to CAS Spring Auction. I have a couple bags and boxes of stuff to sort through and just get rid of and if I can get them all labeled for the auction, I will be so happy to have the extra space, and maybe be able to find things easier. Since it seems I am a aquarium stuff hoarder, it is hard to part with some things and they are seriously piling up.

Thinking I will TRY the take it all out and only put back what is needed. HAHAHAHAHA. Ha.

Then in theory, the rest gets into a similar type stuff pile and combined for the sale. CAS gets the first dollar, then there is a good split which I can't recall specifically, best for members. The misc stuff goes on the quick sale table, and eventually reduces after 12 noon by 10% every hours if it doesn't sell, then at some point goes half off.

Then at the last few minutes when they are finished auctioning starts going for super cheap and if not claimed by owner/seller, can go for a dollar or 2. As unclaimed items go to the Club, 100%.

But at least it isn't coming back home.

Right now, I am seeing the Neons and the Gourami swimming around more now that the 3 Angels are out of the 72G.

Not positive what medium size fish I want, been interested in getting a nice trio of Boesemani Rainbows, and also Rams, will be thinking that over in the next weeks.

Did pwc on the 12G PRL tank, added small amounts of Bacter AE and some special baby /shrimp fry food.

I tried Boesemani Rainbows once. One male and 2 females. The male was a total A-hole and terrorized everyone. I rehomed the male and took the females back the the store. They wouldn’t take the male. They remembered him!

Finally got a python water changer. More like changed my life, holy crap it makes life so much easier!

Noticed one of my guppies has Camallanus so I went to the store and got PraziPro to treat it (no access to Levi HCI cause Canadian eh). Noticed a nice looking Anubia Afzelii and got that for myself as well. Looking forward to growing it out some.

Here is the 12G Edge PRL tank

Counted 147 shrimp - obviously who really knows!

60074-albums14700-picture71777.jpg

60074-albums14700-picture71779.jpg

More details and build thread here
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f129/prl-autumnskys-next-shrimp-adventure-355165.html

Having frustration on not getting a new to me SW tank yet, but trying hard!

Maintenance on 4 tanks and tore down my little 15L Baby Biorb. Redistributed the plants to other tanks and moved some some fish to different tanks.

Thought had a home for the 29G long and stand - a friend of my daughters, but they would like to be able to put the tank on the counter, so no. Or the NIB Fluval Chi in the garage, but they wanted some community fish instead of just one Betta after thinking it over.

Had them read the getting started article so my anxiety level went down just a small amount. Will be sending a few plants over and some BB media and Prime as well, in hopes of the fish living past the keepers newbie stage. It is the we are getting fish today thing. :eek:

At least so far cleaned it out so it is ready to go to the auction next week end, and cleaned a bucket of mixed substrate, so that will be ready.

Filled the pond for evap.

is the counter open above I have a 30g hex that may work for what they are wanting to do its a 2ft hex footprint so its not going to overtake the counter
I'll donate to the cause that would help free up some space in basement

They are headed over to get the Chi tank and are picking up a Betta now!

They think they might want a large tank in the future. I will be giving a class on how to care for a new fish any minute now, lol!

Few days of work cleaning out the storage and still trying to decide what can go back in the Utility closet and what shouldn't.

CAS auction, big day lots of stuff.

I won the raffle prize which is a almost 4 foot tall glass wine glass made to be a fish tank. Sounds strange?!? It is interesting will try to get pics later tonight.

Got lots of coral frags and a neat little colony of yellow polyps.

Side note - one of my anemones moved last night and not sure why.

Pwc on both sw nanos to add the new inhabitants.

Pwc on the turtle bowl and other planted bowl because they each got a new Blue Dwarf Crayfish. Really not too blue though looks like culls. Accidentally caught 2 of the Endler fry and moved them over too.

Back to the wine glass, google Costco giant wine glass and you can see it. 46.5 inches tall 118cm.

Holds I was told 7G but then after reading comments on holding 25 bottles volume of wine calculated and it would be about 5G.

But filled it up and it was more than 5G after adding a 1/4 bucket of substrate so much more than 5G.

I will be making a build thread for it and see what all the opinions are about it.

Previously contained plants, stone, substrate, DW and heater light and sponge filter. Fish were 3 Albino Cories, 1 Albino BN, 5 Serpae Tetras, and 7 Green Neons.

Moved all of them around like musical tanks. Will be doing more moving of fish.

Rescaped the tank and it is cloudy but clearing. No fish yet.

Will add link for new thread when I make it up later.

Got Carbon Rilli shrimp and lost 4 over night and maybe one more is going. There are a few with a bad color on them so I wonder what is going on. Very disappointed about that.

Otherwise still cleaning and hooking things up.

Water tests today on all 4 tanks and the tap water. 2 have nitrates 40-80. More orange than red but either way I need to up the PWC and vacuum to reduce it. My tap has ammonia of 1.0 ppm. Should I treat with Ammonia loc before adding to tanks?

Few days of work cleaning out the storage and still trying to decide what can go back in the Utility closet and what shouldn't.

CAS auction, big day lots of stuff.

I won the raffle prize which is a almost 4 foot tall glass wine glass made to be a fish tank. Sounds strange?!? It is interesting will try to get pics later tonight.

Got lots of coral frags and a neat little colony of yellow polyps.

Side note - one of my anemones moved last night and not sure why.

Pwc on both sw nanos to add the new inhabitants.

Pwc on the turtle bowl and other planted bowl because they each got a new Blue Dwarf Crayfish. Really not too blue though looks like culls. Accidentally caught 2 of the Endler fry and moved them over too.

Back to the wine glass, google Costco giant wine glass and you can see it. 46.5 inches tall 118cm.

Holds I was told 7G but then after reading comments on holding 25 bottles volume of wine calculated and it would be about 5G.

But filled it up and it was more than 5G after adding a 1/4 bucket of substrate so much more than 5G.

I will be making a build thread for it and see what all the opinions are about it.

Previously contained plants, stone, substrate, DW and heater light and sponge filter. Fish were 3 Albino Cories, 1 Albino BN, 5 Serpae Tetras, and 7 Green Neons.

Moved all of them around like musical tanks. Will be doing more moving of fish.

Rescaped the tank and it is cloudy but clearing. No fish yet.

Will add link for new thread when I make it up later.

Got Carbon Rilli shrimp and lost 4 over night and maybe one more is going. There are a few with a bad color on them so I wonder what is going on. Very disappointed about that.

Otherwise still cleaning and hooking things up.

a wine glass tank interesting , I thought you said you didn't have anymore room . would love to see the wine glass heck could always make a super size Pina Colada ,

been looking at a few pumps to drain tank and also refill since I"m no longer allowed to pick up heavy things . bad enough I'm doing things dr told me to stop .

Finally found an LFS that sells the kinds of stands I've been looking for (real wood, not particle board), so I can at last set up the new 20-long as a grow out tank for my ever-expanding platy population. We have a three-day day weekend next week (state holiday), so this will keep me busy. :dance: (y)

a wine glass tank interesting , I thought you said you didn't have anymore room . would love to see the wine glass heck could always make a super size Pina Colada ,

been looking at a few pumps to drain tank and also refill since I"m no longer allowed to pick up heavy things . bad enough I'm doing things dr told me to stop .

Pumps sound perfect. I bought a smallish/medium one and haven't got to setting it up for the water change process.

~~~~~~~~
Okay, the wine glass is up and running and for the moment has 5 Sundadanio Axelrodii Neon Blue "Rasbora" There used to be more of them but after cleaning their tank out today that is what is left.

And I put the Betta in there for now. He might be able to move back to the Spec V.

The wine glass tank pushed me over the 5 tanks thing I am working towards.

I could claim 5 if I just say it is the Betta tank. (which we all know if you just have 1 Betta, doesn't count as a tank.)

Intended to put the Carbon Rili into the wine glass, but I don't think I could find them in there if I tried. Lost 3 of them thought the 4th was a goner but it was still alive this evening when I put them into the small 1G planted vase, heated and with an air bubbler. And a light.

I have an associate from CAS who has really nice blood red Cherry Shrimp, was wanting Bloody Mary but don't need any of them, lol. Will file that away in the back of my brain for now.

Cleaned out the Spec V all the way to the sand - rinse out with treated water though.

Put the Preggo Endler girls in there. Likely will be shutting it down soon. Want to get this batch of babies and raise them up to some size to populate the top of the 72G.

Males are stunning - females are mean to each other in the 5G, aggressive! Doubt there will be an issue in the 72G with so much room.

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Added a whole bunch of plants into the 46G almost all from the Spec V which was so thick the filter wasn't working well reason I wanted to rinse out the sand. There were also 2 pitchers behind the Spec V hiding :angel: with the last of the plants that had been in the summer plant tub.

Both empty now!!! yay!

Cleaned off the plant jar table and redid most of the containers to some degree. It is now neater and was trying to end up with a vase of Subwassertang, one of moss and one of Riccia but with the new Dwarf Crays and shrimp that will need to wait.

Used one jar of Dwarf hairgrass to plant a pocket in the Wine glass.

Still have a couple jars to make into plant containers LATER.

72G Added the Green Neons into the big group. They blended in quickly.

Yesterday saw one of the Bamboo shrimp sitting next to a dead one. But it turned out to be the fresh molt, not a dead one!!! whew - that was so scary for a minute or two!!!

46G Angels are still fighting. I can not still quite tell who is the odd one/not part of the pair, if there is a pair, it seems to change. One Lighter orange Koi Angel picks on both the other 2, and one keeps out if it for the most part Big Silver and the other Red orange Koi periodically picks on the other. The two Koi Angels shudder and do a stand off, posturing at each other, like they are about to rumble -frequently.

Serpae just steer clear and seem good in there. Might try to get 3 more females, I think I have 3 males and 2 females. And I really didn't even want any Serpae Tetras. They are pretty but can be nippy.

Getting some of the mess part in the living room put away little by little.

Need to run to the Boulder lfs and see if they have about 6 more Sundadanio and any nano fish deals. They do not usually have good prices, just a good selection.

Been working in tank land for 12 hours. Tired! Will load pics in a minute, just a few too tired.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom