what did you name them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loki azrial

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
what are peoples names for fish? i have a gourami called (mr depressed) a pleco called (doug) a guppy named (mrT) a comet named (scarface) another comet named (juan) a sarasa comet named (sarasa) and a shubunkin called (blackfin) im just curious what other ppl name theirs

loki xxx

My 3 geophagus are the 3 stooges. My gold nugget pleco is Grover. My 4 rams are the A-team. And the rest of my corydoras and trops are the mafia. Good thread, i see potential!

My elephant nose is called gonzo from the muppets, my betta is called butters aka professor chaos from south park he got his name after a short time in my community tank! My dwarf neon rainbows are called the krays because of their antics when the light goes out on the tank.

I have a 7 year old Gold Fish that I won at our County fair in 2005 and his name is Kelpi, then I have a Koi (Timmy), a Calico Fan Tail Gold Fish (Cali), a red male Betta (Rocky) and a HUGE Algea Eater (Templeton).

how did you all come up with the names? my pleco Doug is named after Doug from the tv show weeds lol my comet got the namr scarface because he's blind and nearly got an eye missing, my comet Juan is named after hunter s thomsons son lol Mr depressed is a gourami an therefore just looks miserable

loki xx

I really dont know how I came up with the name Kelpi, it just came to me lol. My Koi, Timmy got his name because when we got him he was extremely timid and hid all the time. My Cailico Fantail, Cali, pretty self explanitory lol, my Betta Rocky, got his name from the movie, and because he is the boss of the tank lol, and my Algea Eater, Templeton, got his name from the rat from the book/movie Charolotte's Web, the Rat who eats everything and that is exactly what my Algea Eater does lol.

I have a watchmen Goby named Smeigal, a Red Spotted Blenny named Dr Mindbender, and my 2 Clowns are names Wally and Loris. I have a lonely hermit crab, we call him Crusty the crab, and my 2 Camel Shrimp that always are hiding are called Zamot and Tomax.( I was into GI Joe as a kid). Goliath is the only anemome I have named.

image-678320599.jpg

image-3268908571.jpg

image-2141987006.jpg

image-3281079862.jpg

Out of all my fish, the only ones with names are my daughters Black Moor that she named Edward, and my Bristlenose Pleco that my 2 year old named Hippo because she couldnt say pleco :)

Out of all my fish, the only ones with names are my daughters Black Moor that she named Edward, and my Bristlenose Pleco that my 2 year old named Hippo because she couldnt say pleco :)

That is so cute!!! My 2 year old neice named her Guppies, Sunny and Puss and Boots. Kids are so cool! (y)

F-female
M-male
Guppies-
F1- Sun
F2-Moon
F3- Flame
F4- Onyx
M1- Sapphire
Cories-
F1- Salt
F2- Emerald
M1- Pepper
Molly-
M1- Apollo

A few have names here: Missy my pet chocolate cichlid, Mr.A sp44 red fin, MuffMan christmas fulus, Jaws & Lil Woman standard dark marble angels, Betty & Barney dark marble veil angels, FishyFish orage telescope butterfly, Spook calico telescope butterfly, BossHogg Labeotropheus Fuelleborni male, MissKitty female Labeo (the original one), MsFugly common plec rescue/came with the name, Witch albino bushy nose female, Trouble christmas fulus male, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum blue turq discus, MrUaru LOL of course he's a uaru, Jerk male limia viatta, plus there's a few more but since there's a lot of fish in the house there's several that don't have names LOL

I've got my 6 TB's but because they look so similar I've only named one "Commando" because he's well camouflaged.

The Mollies are called:

Dalmation (male): Dalmo (original I know)
Golden (female): Bookmark (I don't know why)
Dalmation (female): Speck (she is predominantly white but has, you guessed it, black specks)
Black (female): Widow (she was the last of the mother in laws fish and the only 1 I didn't sell).

I don't think the wife understands :lol:

Back
Top Bottom