What do i say?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaiah12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok well I'm at petsmart here at in my town. And a guy comes wanting some fish he told the employee that he just set up a tank. He saids it's only a week old. The employee is fine with this and is getting the guy his fish. Should I tell him he needs to cycle his tank first?

IMO, don't get involved. If you must, write "aquariumadvice.com" on a scrap of paper and hand it to the guy.

I always wonder about Petsmart. The fish there are always healthy and I never see anything dead in the tanks. I have tested their water when bringing fish home and its always perfect. SOMEONE there must know something or their tanks would look like Walmart. But every employee is clueless.....

Ha ha maybe my petsmart just isn't that great with fish. I prefer Crystal clear aquariums.

Ha ha maybe my petsmart just isn't that great with fish. I prefer Crystal clear aquariums.

I have a really great mom and pops fish store out here. These guys are all about thier fish and know what they are doing. THey even offer classes to teach you how to properly take care of your tanks :)

ccross said:
I have a really great mom and pops fish store out here. These guys are all about thier fish and know what they are doing. THey even offer classes to teach you how to properly take care of your tanks :)

That is legit! I wish we had one like that here.

I was at a Petco once and there was a guy there asking for advice from an employee on fish, he only had a little 2 gallon tank and the employee was trying to get him to buy one of the fantail goldfish saying "these are very Hardy fish, will live just fine in your tank, any temp in fine, yada yada yada" it took everything I had not so say anything because these goldfish were covered in ich so bad they looked like they had just been through a snow storm, needless to say I never went back to that store.

I was at petsmart and witnessed a sales person sell 4 3-4 inch comet goldfish to a couple buying a 10 gallon tank. I had recently just learned comets need a huge tank or a pond. I said something to the employee getting my 5 endlers guppies and he wasn't too concerned. I've only been to petsmart once for fish.

When I go to petco- my normal LFS, I make it a point to tell them when I see dead or sick fish in their tanks. They do a very good job keeping their tanks clean and healthy looking. On my last visit a tank of gold gourami's had the beginnings of ich. So I told the guy. I've talked to about every employee there that works in aquatics and I've learned who to ask advice from and who not to.

Bearchumjs said:
When I go to petco- my normal LFS, I make it a point to tell them when I see dead or sick fish in their tanks. They do a very good job keeping their tanks clean and healthy looking. On my last visit a tank of gold gourami's had the beginnings of ich. So I told the guy. I've talked to about every employee there that works in aquatics and I've learned who to ask advice from and who not to.

I go to Petco in Osage beach mo. They are great and are always very informative, the Petco I went to was one down in Columbia mo. The store was a real small one I think all it had in it was some pet supplies and some fish, someone told me I should have reported the store to headquarters but does that really do any good?

Back
Top Bottom