Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Your opinion on AqAdvisor?
It's completely inaccurate and way off. 4 22.22%
I think it's spot on! 1 5.56%
It is just gives a basic understanding on how stocked your tank is. 11 61.11%
Other- specify 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
Woah.. that's a lot.
Hey, I hate to ask of this, but if anyone want's to help my ID what kind of algae I have.. check out this forum.
Lots of Brown Algae. I'd like to add some fish to help, but am I already stocked?
I uploaded pics and would love a response, thanks!!!!!!

~20 Gallon Community, ~5 Gallon Betta
mandy2936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
yeah, not really, only 22 large fish the rest are small. but there is a 300gph wet/dry, 300gph eheim pro 3 2080 and a magnum 350 not to mention heavily planted.

that and having media choice rather then prepackaged. I use those things as a reference point thats about it.

Ill check on the algae, ive had tons of different kinds.

That's not a planted tank. That's a jungle with glass around it- MFDROOKIE Circa 2011
WhiteDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:41 AM   #33
AA Team Emeritus
You didn't Mandy, and I didn't mean to imply that - it just made the math easier. However, what I was referencing was this:

Originally Posted by mandy2936 View Post
I do 1-3 water changes a week.
Does anyone think 2-3 water changes a week will be enough? I can even easily do 3-4, I just didn't think that was necessary.
I only change about 1g or so of my water. I should probably do more, now that I think about it. O.o
If you do three 1g water changes each week, you could improve water quality by doing one 3g water change. That's all I meant.
Fish keeping is a hobby that has at least as many questions as answers.
Voting Prevents Ich
These findings supported by the AquariumAdvice.com panel for improving voter turnout. All rights reserved, fictional information may not apply in your area.
taylorodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak
Wow, I'd say that's just a bit overstocked!
Good luck! I hope the pet store does take them.
I called them Sunday and they said they would take them as long as their adoption tank was empty at the time. I think I'm gonna give up my plecos, too. My son isn't happy about that either. Maybe I'll get some otos. I know I need some top dwellers. (And more lighting, and more plants, and more ferts....It never ends.)

Labor of love.

Fish are people, too!
My tank is clean but my house is dirty.
To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.
libbyb is offline   Reply With Quote

aqadvisor, aqadvisor.com

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com