What does your cat do with it's leisure time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody's cats ever manage to get into the fish food? I'd imagine that they'd find it delicious! :slurp: :yum:

Yes ... my cat gets into my algae wafer packages IF it is left in the envelope packaging instead of a hard plastic case.

Jchillin: my cat does the same thing only she has built up her muscles so much that she rarely uses the stand at all for support ... it is insane how strong she got with the fish tank for her amusement

Does anybody's cats ever manage to get into the fish food? I'd imagine that they'd find it delicious!
That's not the best shot of Squirrel--she loves flake and pellets. Josie loves algae wafers.

I have seen interesting things from our cats and our tanks.

My oldest cat is going on 9 years now and I honetly can never reacall her bothering thet tanks much. I have had tanks very soon after I got her as a kitten. Our middle cat whom will be 2 in July used to sit infront of the tank and even get up on our bar and try dangle her paw down toward the top of one tank (we have a tank in a dry bar). But now she could car less for the fish in all honesty. Our newest kitten at 2-3 months is very much interested in those little things moving around in the tanks.

My cats view the tanks as one would watch TV. Only one of them insists on drinking from the HOB :roll:

All of my cats are very lazy. Except around midnight when they go tearing through the house.
But here are some cute pictures of them..

Can't forget Stinky!
img_338333_0_0db12d12a5287e0a696409b046373344.jpg

img_338333_1_215506fd5f02b2cf68f4e57fef94905c.jpg

img_338333_2_4cf3adffbf86f325914782d588f6670f.jpg

She doesn't really mess with the aquariums as much as she used to. Now she just sleeps on top of my bf's 29gal and drinks the water *nod*

both my cats drink out of my open top aquarium. gross, i think. i've had one of them knock over a thing of flake fish food and eat half of it. gave him incredibly bad gas...

When is a cat's time not leisure time? :wink:

I have one cat that loves to watch the fish. She'll get up on the stand next to the QT when I have fish in there, or she'll stand up on her hind legs and put her front paws on the tank. She especially notices when my frog Franklin is doing his thing, darting up to the surface and back down.

The other two cats pretty much ignore the tanks.

One of mine likes to try to scratch throught the sliding glass door to get to the leaves that the wind is blowing around. Very cute.

There is a really cute children's book, "Wednesday is Spaghetti Day!" I use to read it when I was little and that is how I found out that cats have parties when you are away ;)

(I'd recommend this book for all cat-lovers and children)

My little Nemo loves to chase the fish around the tank. It's very funny because he'll get ready to pounch, staring up at the fish (normally my parrots or the eels) and he will wait until they get to the front of the glass and he'll jump at them. The fish are so used to it now that they don't even move. He also sits on the back of the couch and watches them all day. When he was a kitten he used to sit on top of the tanks and bat at the fish during water changes or whenever we had the lids open. He has gotten into frozen brine shrimp that my fiance left out on the counter (Nemo ate the entire bag), then one time cichlid pellets (he LOVED those). The cutest thing is when I will go upstairs and he'll be sitting on the computer desk wrapped around my little 5 gal hex, staring at the molly or batting at the snails. The snails usually fall off the tank when he does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom