what fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

what fish is this
img_599824_0_0721ce662e3b3ec5a9f8392f9b74ea87.jpg

are they common at fish stores...i have a big als near my house, but they hardly ever have killifish....they look great id be interested in setting up a tank just for killis

From what I've read about them - great little fish - very popular. But very short lived, even in the wild.

These are very popular fish and rather expensive. Living for only a year, most people who do invest in them do so to breed. Egg care is one of the reasons why they are so expensive. They are native to African waters which dry up and so do the eggs until the next rains fall. Then they hatch. Egg maintenance for captive breeding calls for the eggs to be removed from the tank and stored in a plastic bag for a certain amount of time before being returned to water. Definitely read up on them before getting involved.

also killi's stay near the surface a lot so a tank full would be kind of boring. At least the one i had stayed at the top all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom