Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-08-2011, 03:14 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What fish are YOU?

Take all the fish in your tank/s.
Past or present.
Based on their characteristics, personality, habits etc. which one is most like you, and why?

Are you the angel fish? Pretty, elegant, but quite vicious or even deadly when your brood is threatened?

Are you the guppy, who just wants to coexist with everything, seeks protection in groups and would rather hide in the plants from predators?

Are you the giant danio who races through life, always in a hurry, living life as fast and exiting as you can?

The knife fish who calmly stalks his goals and snatches them up with gusto while gracefully navigating the waters of your "tank"?

Me? I am a polypterus.
I am social, get along with others of different "species", preferences, colors, backgrounds, but I am very much individual unto myself. I will often seek time alone and thrive in the peace of just hanging out in my cave. I share similarities with many different types, but don't fit the mold or stereotype of any specifics.

If I see something as a threat, or prey, I will either patiently lie in wait hidden amongst the stuff until the time is right and and then strike, or doggedly pursue my goal until I have it where I want it.

Like the bicher, I get along fine with others, and will swim around them if I need to. If I want to get to the other side of the tank, and they refuse to move, or are a threat to me, I will push throught them and may even take a chunk out of their tail if they get aggressive.

150g Freshwater. Started up on 7-14-11.
UGF and over the side filter

Fish list in Bio.
meBNme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
This is a really great question, but I'm not any of the fish I've had or have. I would say that everyone has an animal that they do resemble, but not always a fish.

WendiDell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ha! Great thread.

Mmmm, although I have own one, have worked with it though, I'd have to say that I am some what of a Grey Nurse shark. Mainly because they are such a misunderstood animal, and because of that fact they are now critical endangoured. Also, I believe I just sleep walk during the day like them and become active at night, if you know what I mean.
SCUBA-Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I am sort of like my Tetras. I am not scared of always being out, and I get along with other poeple, like the Tetras do.
[CENTER]Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
Latest aquarium vlog:
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com