What Is A Tank You'd Like Someone Else To Keep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlefish4

Aquarium Advice Activist
So this could be just me, but I often have ideas for tanks that I'd like to see someone else keep but wouldn't keep myself. This could be due to space or up keep or any reason. For instance a planted 40 breeder with tiger barbs only. Or a really huge FW stingray tank. Or in my case any tank with turtles and fish together.

So I thought I'd see if anyone else has any tank thoughts/dreams like that. Who knows! Maybe someone will see this thread and be inspired!

Also if someone mentions a tank they'd like to see and you keep one just like it, post some pics!

A 2500+ gallon long American dwarf cichlid biotope
220g Paedocypris micromegethes feature
500g Rio xingu palludarium

Oh- and I can't post pictures but I keep a 40g red eared slider/ Mississippi map turtle hybrid and 20g long musk turtle tanks with guppy/endler hybrids (my hubby put "feeder guppies" in the 2 tanks and they decided to do what they do best- breed). The 40g also has a school of 5 pearl danio that were banished from my apisto tank after eating babies (it was a school of 10 but my Gracie turtle likes danio with her lettuce).

A 2500+ gallon long American dwarf cichlid biotope
220g Paedocypris micromegethes feature
500g Rio xingu palludarium

Oh- and I can't post pictures but I keep a 40g red eared slider/ Mississippi map turtle hybrid and 20g long musk turtle tanks with guppy/endler hybrids (my hubby put "feeder guppies" in the 2 tanks and they decided to do what they do best- breed). The 40g also has a school of 5 pearl danio that were banished from my apisto tank after eating babies (it was a school of 10 but my Gracie turtle likes danio with her lettuce).

First off, a 2500+ gallon dwarf cichlid biotope would be amazing.

Second, how big do those turtles get? I'm setting up a 55G tank soon for rainbows and maybe a couple community type South American cichlids and I'd love a little turtle in there. Didn't think they would stay small though.

I have a 220g turtle tank that my slider hybrid will be going into- but 55g is enough for 1... They generally max out at around a foot and a half. Musk turtles stay small, around 4 inches. I wouldn't suggest jumping in, though, research turtle types- a lot of them have different temperature requirements than tropical fish and the waste they create requires a lot of filtration and maintenance.

2500 gallon anything would be amazing lol!

I'd like to have a shallow 12ft, by 18inch river style tank, with lots of plants on the river bank, and in the river lots of cories, and huge schools of micro tetras and Rasboras! And a light current ..

Of course I'm in no way that skilled to make a tank like that!

I'd like to have a shallow 12ft, by 18inch river style tank, with lots of plants on the river bank, and in the river lots of cories, and huge schools of micro tetras and Rasboras! And a light current ..

Oh noooo don't give me ideas lol

I'd like my neighbour to get a fish room installed in their garage so I can come over and admire it.

I've thought about putting fish racks in our garage and blocking off a small room but ....

Well, it's mainly they have a big dog and the electric .... wait a sec....

I have been told I could do it (as in any more tanks go in the garage which is sort of a yes), and there is space if re-arranged. As well, the local forums have fish racks / tanks come up fairly regularly at a decent price. Heck, there was a 8 x 3 x3 with display stand recently that was practically a give-away. Also there are plenty of cichlid breeders for good prices.

Summer is a problem here but the guys seem to have fan solutions without too much loss. Still last summer the garage was well over 90F.

The main problem I think is sadly lack of time between work, family, exercise and hobbies. I would definitely need to set up the plumbing properly. It would be nice to plan it out though.

That would be quite the tank!

? it doesn't cost money to draw it out

Lol I thought I was the only one who did that!

Well, it's mainly they have a big dog and the electric .... wait a sec....

I have been told I could do it (as in any more tanks go in the garage which is sort of a yes), and there is space if re-arranged. As well, the local forums have fish racks / tanks come up fairly regularly at a decent price. Heck, there was a 8 x 3 x3 with display stand recently that was practically a give-away. Also there are plenty of cichlid breeders for good prices.

Summer is a problem here but the guys seem to have fan solutions without too much loss. Still last summer the garage was well over 90F.

The main problem I think is sadly lack of time between work, family, exercise and hobbies. I would definitely need to set up the plumbing properly. It would be nice to plan it out though.

Yeah I'd be worried about the heat as well. You have to keep discus and Rams lol...

A 5000 gal tank with three guppies: one male and two females. I want to see how long it would take to fill that up LMAO!

Oo a bolivian ram tank would be beautiful. I've also always wanted a discus tank :D

<g.m.t.a>

A 5000 gal tank with three guppies: one male and two females. I want to see how long it would take to fill that up LMAO!

Oo a bolivian ram tank would be beautiful. I've also always wanted a discus tank :D

<g.m.t.a>

Lol love the guppy idea!

Now there's an idea :) Heating is much less of a problem.

Set up a solar system a/c and enough for the pumps, lights and filters.

I live vicariously through a few SW tanks here.

Would love for someone to set up a tank for me to look at with Cardinal Tetras say 300-500 fish in a couple hundred gallons and 50-100 Cories and lots of Hillstream Loaches and Hatchet fish and Kuhli Loaches by the handfuls.

I've always wanted to have someone have a wall tank, probably SW, incorporated into the plan... there was one once at a restaurant with cichlids I believe... but I'd love to have one incorporated at work with ocean sounds/white noise near it in a meditation space for destressing purposes.

Back
Top Bottom