Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

I don't test my water. I just do a 50% water change once a week.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sometimes I find myself succumbing to the impulse buy :X I have 10 gallon with more fish then it should. I rationalize it to myself, the more plants I haves...the more fish I can! It's not so true tho

Old 04-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Yikes!!!

After establishing my new tank for three months, I was so excited about Ghost shrimp and that you could see the babies in them and how interesting they were, so I bought 30 almost all pregnant, so I could see them everywhere and have babies (had no clue), and my fish always acted hungry so I fed them a lot. They went into my 18 gal. didn't know much about water testing.

Went away for a week when I came back the water was a opaque, swirling, sparkly, cream color. Couldn't see the fish. Changed the filter two times in a week, kept trying to change the water, three different pet stores told me to three different things, filters, water changes, numerous chemicals, changed the filter again after the 2nd week. Finally on the verge of exhaustion and despair, one of the new fish employees went to get a more seasoned guy, and you know what he says.......

Nicely..."Stop, and don't do anything".............."wait". (DON'T DO ANYTHING...WHAT???) You have done too much. Don't worry, btw, stop feeding them so much and guess what, after every single thing I had done wrong, which WAS everything, I lost all the shrimp, maybe a Danio, but it was all right, I had a bacterial bloom. That's all. I was killing them with kindness!!! Now I know better. Although I still like to feed them often just less quantity.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

well

Adding 4 ghost shrimp to my aquarium wasn't a good idea. They lasted for about 24 hours. I saw one of my tiger barbs with a pair of legs sticking out of its mouth.

Oh, and yesterday I fed them four times because they were begging for food. I can't say no when they look at me like that!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Putting my female betta temperarly in my guppy tank. She was in the breeder box, for spring break, two of my guppies decided to "jump the fence" into the box.
I should have known better, she's back at work now.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Too Much with the Gravel Vac...upset the BB caused a bloom and put my African Cichlid Tank into a Mini Cycle about a month ago. I was Feeding Broccoli and pieces got all over....My quest for the Perfect Clean tank I should have just worried about the Big Pieces and let the Chinese Algae take care of it....
60 gallon(Parrots and Convicts) 55 gallon African Cichlids 5 gallon Betta tank 35 Gallon Hex (Bolivian Rams, Oto cats, Bloodfin Tetra and a shoal of Tiger Barbs) 75 Gallon Oscar Condo. 30 gallon GBRs & Danios
Pton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

I thought I could keep guppies with angels. They lived peacefully for a bit, but I eventually had to move them to my 10 gallon.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi i keep finding room for just one more tank and yes this will be the last one overfeeding aswell my tiger shovelnose eat my angel..... It also eat a soribum lima!
Old 04-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

hmmm,gotta be when i impule bought a rainbow shark. that 6 dollar fish ended up costing about 200 dollars. not including the fluval 405...
Old 04-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alLexX
hmmm,gotta be when i impule bought a rainbow shark. that 6 dollar fish ended up costing about 200 dollars. not including the fluval 405...
Lol, the solution is always to buy another tank, not return the fish right?

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com