What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilkieam

Aquarium Advice Freak
There was a tank full of assorted gouramis at one of my LFS's and I saw this little guy in there. He was even smaller than the dwarfs and honeys. Is this one just a juvie or something else?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1450554486870.jpg
    1450554486870.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 1450554499811.jpg
    1450554499811.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 111
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450637014.401380.jpg
What is this fish called? Barb, female swordtail? Of late it keeps hiding under a rock in the aquarium. Other residents are 2 Koi, 2 bristle mouth catfish, 2 Chinese algae eaters (on their way out... becoming territorial) & 1 glass fish.

Ojay

Looks like a Molly to me. Also, you have koi in your tank? Are they wintering or permanent residents?

No, the Koi won't be permanent considering the size they get too. Thanks for clearing the name for me.

I have to agree with a Platy more than a Molly. It as the coloration of the old "Sunset Platy" but there have been so many mixed breeds since then that I couldn't identify exactly which type.

There was a tank full of assorted gouramis at one of my LFS's and I saw this little guy in there. He was even smaller than the dwarfs and honeys. Is this one just a juvie or something else?

Because the pic is not really clear, it appears that the 2 fish in the pic are a Gold Gourami and a Honey Gourami. The shape of the smaller one rules it out as a Gold/ Blue/ Opaline/ Dwarf, Giant, Pearl, etc but not the Honey. Since a Honey is a small fish to begin with, this may just be a small/ juvenile one.

Hope this helps (y)

Because the pic is not really clear, it appears that the 2 fish in the pic are a Gold Gourami and a Honey Gourami. The shape of the smaller one rules it out as a Gold/ Blue/ Opaline/ Dwarf, Giant, Pearl, etc but not the Honey. Since a Honey is a small fish to begin with, this may just be a small/ juvenile one.

Hope this helps (y)

Thanks andy! I was just curious, I appreciate it! (y)

Back
Top Bottom