Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
What is your best human analogy to life in an aquarium?

When trying to create an environment that is as good as possible for my fish, I often try to think of a human analogy and put myself in that environment. Here’s my latest:

Imagine living in a submarine on the bottom of the sea. Not much head room but enough length to walk about and stretch my legs. There are some objects to climb on and play with; but after a few months, I hardly notice them anymore. There are lots of people sharing the same space with me. Most of them are nice; especially my girlfriend. There was a bully once who was always trying to hurt me; luckily he disappeared one day. There are a few secluded places where I can hide, but without any bullies, I feel safe walking about.

The air is okay, but not great. There are a couple of big air filters that remove the dust and convert the bad breath, body odor, and toilet smell to something less offensive. There is also a large fan blowing the air around. The air current is pretty strong in front of the fan, so I generally stay out of that area. I notice that the air gets less tolerable each day. By the end of the week, the air is so bad that I feel very uncomfortable and have little energy. On top of the bad air problem, there is the constant noise coming from the air filters and fan. I just can’t get into a deep relaxed state. The noise overwhelms my ability to sense predators (bullies) sneaking up on me.

What I look forward to the most each day are the two meals that suddenly appear. No work what so ever. The food tastes great and the portions are very large.

However, the thing I like the best is when the hoses come and clean up the place on the weekend. First a hose comes into the submarine and sucks the crud out of the toilet. Then another hose sucks out half the bad air and replaces it with fresh air from the surface. I feel so much better after the hoses are finished, I start to rampage a bit and make moves on my girlfriend.

I just wish they would leave those hoses attached all the time……..

Am I sick or what?

vfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
It's like college life. You have roommates, some who are not all the same background as you. They have different habits and sometimes you clash. Also, some idiot comes home drunk and poos in the middle of your living area!

theotheragentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:14 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to flip_lx
we'll i'll agree with the college life minus the whole "poos in the middle of the room" part. Its like a dorm there are a lot of differnt types of people some you'll get along fine with but theres always that one that wants to be alone or the one who always wants to cause problems for the rest of the folks there
flip_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:40 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
Moved to the lounge so everyone can have fun with it.
From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever.
rich311k is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com