What is your dream tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your dream tank?

What's yours?Mine is a 10,000 gallon tank divided like this-
4000 gallons-freshwater planted
3500 gallons-saltwater half reef half LR
500 gallons-discus
500 gallons-livebearers
100 gallons-freshwater nano
100 gallons-saltwater nano
200 gallons-african cichlids
75 gallons-angelfish community planted
50 gallons-planted cory breeder
100 gallons-US native fish
200 gallons(divided into 5 gallons)-bettas
25 gallons-anglerfish
250 gallons-seahorses and pipefish
50 gallons-lionfish
100 gallons-pea puffers
100 gallons-saltwater puffers
100 gallons-freshwater schooling fish community
50 gallons-fry

My dream amount of tanks:

2x 400 gallon display tanks stocked with: discus, panda, sterbai, Pygmy Cories . Endler livebearers and livebearers. Zebra, bristle nose, pit ball pleco. Dwarf, pearl , chocolate gourami. GBR and kribs. .

10x 50 gallon breeders : one GBR breeder , Cories , livebearers, zebra plecos,
20x 20 gallon breeders
5x 15 gallon puffer set ups
30x 5 gallon betta tanks
10x 5 gallon shrimp tanks
40x 10 gallon fry tanks
20x 20 gallon fry tanks
10 x 50 gallon fry tanks
5x 30 discus breeder tanks

Call me simple but my dream tank is only about 40-50 gallons housing just a clown pair and anemone! I daydream about this future tank on a daily basis lol!

Christine2012, it's very scary how that is my dream tank. At least, my first one.

My second one would be maybe a 2300 gallon tank with lots and lots of cichlids. I would of course sleep on it.

bud29 said:
Christine2012, it's very scary how that is my dream tank. At least, my first one.

My second one would be maybe a 2300 gallon tank with lots and lots of cichlids. I would of course sleep on it.

On it? Why not IN IT?! Lol I really love my cichlids and it would be amazing if I could give them a few hundred gallons. Or thousand, you know. Lol!

Yeah, I really love cichlids too, I just don't have a big enough tank:banghead:! I loved them so much I was considering getting just one for my 30 gallon, and having nothing else in it. I still am. It would have to be something cool, though, like an albino zebra.

A tank house!!!!!!!
Stocked with tons of snails and glofish!!!!!!
and self cleaning and self changing water

It's funny, today I was thinking about how cool a dream tank thread would be, and that I should make one, but alas, there is already one!

Anyways, my dream tank would be a large cylindrical tank, that is shaped like a doughnut. It would definitely be a reef, with lots of movement. I would use an LED lighting fixture, that is also shaped like a doughnut, that would slowly rotate throughout the day, making a dawn/dusk cycle. To manage the equipment, I would have the tank plumbed from the middle, and the plumbing would be routed down through the floor into a basement fish room. It'd be really cool to be able to walk around it and get a 3D view!

fishmonkey said:
It's funny, today I was thinking about how cool a dream tank thread would be, and that I should make one, but alas, there is already one!

Anyways, my dream tank would be a large cylindrical tank, that is shaped like a doughnut. It would definitely be a reef, with lots of movement. I would use an LED lighting fixture, that is also shaped like a doughnut, that would slowly rotate throughout the day, making a dawn/dusk cycle. To manage the equipment, I would have the tank plumbed from the middle, and the plumbing would be routed down through the floor into a basement fish room. It'd be really cool to be able to walk around it and get a 3D view!

That would be awesome provided you had a rotating recliner in the middle!!!!!!!

My dream tank is very unlikely and is a 10,000 gallon that's goes round the whole room!!!!

It would be stocked with hundreds of marine fish and would be heavily planted with driftwood and tons and tons of starfish!

A huge tank filled with all the different kinds of plecos! Imagine a bunch or zebras, blue or green phantoms, golden nuggets, sunshine plecos , and More!

Mine has always just been a strip of glass running around 3 walls of my master bedroom housing various gobies and mini crabs. It would allow for maximum lateral movement and easy care from canopies built into the walls. I'd definitely like to make that happen when I settle down someday

Okay here goes!!

500 Gal Reef
200 Gal Pred FOWLR
220 Gal Cichlid
3x 220 Gal Community
220 Gal Fancy Goldfish
55 Gal Community
30 Gal Congo Puffer
36 Gal Mudskipper
36 Gal Bumble Bee Gobie, Figure 8 Puffer
20 Gal Dwarf Puffer
3x 10 Gal Nano Fish
4x 10 Gal FW breeding tank
10 Gal Nano Crab
3x 5.5 Gal Male Betta Tanks
5x 5.5 Gal Shrimp Breeders
2x 5.5 Gal Pygmy Sunfish Breeder
5.5 Dario Dario Breeder

Outdoor Ponds

Better win the lottery!! :blink: :hide: :lol:

I better marry someone who also loves fish!!

A huge tv that has a wheel on it with five different 200 gallon tanks on it, there is a remote that has each tank on it. The tank I chose would be on display on tv, the rest behind the wall.

Tank 1: huge planted axolotl tank <3
Tank 2: Reef with a flame angel, some black bar chromis <3, three BTAs, six black and white clownfish, hippo tang, a mandarin or two, some turbos, a twenty two blue chromis, two royal grammas, a marine betta, zoas, hammers, mushrooms
Tank 3: Planted discus tank
Tank 4: PIRHANNAS, BABY!
Tank 5: Sea horse tank with mangroves.

All tthese tanks take care of them selves.

underwater-hotel.jpg

this..but the whole house and fresh water...

Back
Top Bottom