What is your dream tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A 285 gallon Native Biotope, using locally gathered driftwood, rocks, Milfoil, hornwort, lilies and anacharis, and stocked with a school of pumpkinseeds and a school of bluegills...

sniperfreak said:
A 285 gallon Native Biotope, using locally gathered driftwood, rocks, Milfoil, hornwort, lilies and anacharis, and stocked with a school of pumpkinseeds and a school of bluegills...

I have never heard of those fish, I looked them up.. and that would be AMAZING!

I agree with sniperfreak, I have always wanted to do a large native fish only tank. I guess it will only be a dream.

I would love a 200-300 gallon for my frontosas but my dream would be a custom built 200-300 gallon that's 12-18" tall, 2' deep and at least 6' long. I want it to be drilled on each end with one end being an overflow running into a sump and chiller then back in the other end. this would be a cold water river aquascaped with gravel, rocks and some driftwood. Probably have some live plants that could tolerate the cold water and would stock it with trout.

I'd like to have a 125 gal, but I'm not sure what stock I would put in it. I know it would be heavily planted with driftwood. Knowing me I'd put more discus in it, those are my favorite xP

At the moment the dream is a tank large enough for an Oscar, common pleco and a school of large silver dollars. (boring to some but not me!) But we are renting and a tank that size won't fit! :(

Mumma.of.two said:
At the moment the dream is a tank large enough for an Oscar, common pleco and a school of large silver dollars. (boring to some but not me!) But we are renting and a tank that size won't fit! :(

You can rent tanks???

125G with R2 solution moonlighting :D African cichlids in it! With Nice filtration. I would put my common plecos in there too!

My dream tank would be a 200gallon+ loach tank.. it would just have all different types of loaches (yoyos, clowns, zebras, tigers, kuhlis, dwarfs, red finned, angelicus, hillstream... who would all magically get along with each other and be available in Australia because this is a dream lol :D) and a school of small schooling dither fish for the top of the tank.
I am lucky though in that I have been able to have a sort of mini version of my dream tank.. a 120gallon with clowns and yoyos as well as other fish (and hpefully some dwarf chain loaches soon too) and I have kuhli loaches in another tank :)

Since we're dreaming...

My home would be one giant tank, like those huge aquariums you walk through like a tunnel, and the fish are swimming all around you. It would be filled with every kind of tang, angelfish, triggerfish and wrasse. It would have sting rays, a few sea turtles and a family of manatees. Access from the roof would allow me to jump in and go swimming with them. Compatibility wouldn't be an issue because in my tank everyone gets along magically and requires the same water conditions, which would be closely monitered by a large staff.

That's not too much to ask, right? ;)

apinkmanatee said:
Since we're dreaming...

My home would be one giant tank, like those huge aquariums you walk through like a tunnel, and the fish are swimming all around you. It would be filled with every kind of tang, angelfish, triggerfish and wrasse. It would have sting rays, a few sea turtles and a family of manatees. Access from the roof would allow me to jump in and go swimming with them. Compatibility wouldn't be an issue because in my tank everyone gets along magically and requires the same water conditions, which would be closely monitered by a large staff.

That's not too much to ask, right? ;)

And friendly sharks right?? Hahah sounds great! I would have a 200 gallon reef, built into the wall between my room and my brothers room. It would have many differant tangs, and also a bunch of nano fish, with a snowflake eel of course.

And friendly sharks right?? Hahah sounds great! I would have a 200 gallon reef, built into the wall between my room and my brothers room. It would have many differant tangs, and also a bunch of nano fish, with a snowflake eel of course.

Yeah throw some sharks in there too, why not! But yes they must be friendly. "Fish are friends, not food."

I would love to have a huge fish room! And when I get my own house, I know I will! With saltwater and freshwater. Ahhhh I can picture it now :D

George9 said:
I would love to have a huge fish room! And when I get my own house, I know I will! With saltwater and freshwater. Ahhhh I can picture it now :D

Then you have kids. The fish room gets turned into nursery and where you could put a tank has toy boxes in the way! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom