Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-11-2002, 12:11 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
What is your favorite fish you have owned or own?

Although I like my saltwater fish better than my freshwater fish,it is indeed a freshwater fish that was my favorite. He was a zebra african ciclid. He grew to be 7 inches long and about 3 inches tall with his fins flared out. He died about a year ago from what I beleive was old age. He was a monster, we called him "Big Daddy", and he ran the show. I will always remember him.

So who was your favorite fish? I would like to hear about him/her.

Old 12-11-2002, 04:56 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Grant R
I posted a similar topic a while back in the FreshWater forum and voted for the Red Fin Shark.
I just love it's character / personality and the way it just keeps itself to itself is great !

Old 12-11-2002, 10:16 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

It's hard to pinpoint just one fish, but some of my fav's are a pair of freshwater angels, Ricky and Lucy, a matched set of marble angels, that gave me many fry. I don't know exactly how old they were as I bought them as adults, but I had them for 6 yrs, then Lucy died about 2 months ago, and Ricky died about 2 weeks ago. I tore down their tank because I couldn't deal with seeing it.

My saltwater lionfish is quite the character and is another personal fav, so is my saltwater clownfish. Krusty the clownfish was my very first salt fish so of course that makes her extra special.

I also had a pair of freshwater jewel cichlids that while they were viscous, they were also excellent parents and beautiful too.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:31 PM   #4

My Voilitans Lion that I had for a few years. Got it for FREE from an
LFS, cuz he was sick and they thought he was gonna croak. He was like 2 inches long when I got him. Kept him over 3 years, he had a great personality. I used to feed him some kinda Brackish water minnows I could catch with a minnow trap. He'd see me coming with the net of minnows and he'd go into Hunting mode. He'd go hide behind some decor, and wait real still for the minnows to come close then GULP!

He knew the diff during winter when I had to feed him frozen silversides. He'd just come up to the top and eat, looked sad and dissapointed that he didnt get to have any fun.

He did sting me once though, hurt like h3ll!

Old 03-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
we have these questions on the different forums but wanted to see all of the catagories ........post a picture too......
ine are my tangs 8)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2_004_176.jpg (148.4 KB, 15 views)

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
Here is Spot my favorite angel:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spot_172.jpg (178.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 03-29-2006, 05:17 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

My favorite fish are my two Plecos. I have a small Clown Pleco named Mack in my 55 gal, who I have yet to get a good picture of, and a Blue Panaque Pleco named Elvis in my 90 gal. Here is a pic of Elvis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elvis1_342.jpg (30.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 03-29-2006, 06:39 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
8O 8O 8O Wow Those fish are beautiful

Show me more

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com