What is your favorite fish you have owned or own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
Although I like my saltwater fish better than my freshwater fish,it is indeed a freshwater fish that was my favorite. He was a zebra african ciclid. He grew to be 7 inches long and about 3 inches tall with his fins flared out. He died about a year ago from what I beleive was old age. He was a monster, we called him "Big Daddy", and he ran the show. I will always remember him.

So who was your favorite fish? I would like to hear about him/her.

I posted a similar topic a while back in the FreshWater forum and voted for the Red Fin Shark.
I just love it's character / personality and the way it just keeps itself to itself is great !

It's hard to pinpoint just one fish, but some of my fav's are a pair of freshwater angels, Ricky and Lucy, a matched set of marble angels, that gave me many fry. I don't know exactly how old they were as I bought them as adults, but I had them for 6 yrs, then Lucy died about 2 months ago, and Ricky died about 2 weeks ago. I tore down their tank because I couldn't deal with seeing it.

My saltwater lionfish is quite the character and is another personal fav, so is my saltwater clownfish. Krusty the clownfish was my very first salt fish so of course that makes her extra special.

I also had a pair of freshwater jewel cichlids that while they were viscous, they were also excellent parents and beautiful too.

My Voilitans Lion that I had for a few years. Got it for FREE from an
LFS, cuz he was sick and they thought he was gonna croak. He was like 2 inches long when I got him. Kept him over 3 years, he had a great personality. I used to feed him some kinda Brackish water minnows I could catch with a minnow trap. He'd see me coming with the net of minnows and he'd go into Hunting mode. He'd go hide behind some decor, and wait real still for the minnows to come close then GULP!

He knew the diff during winter when I had to feed him frozen silversides. He'd just come up to the top and eat, looked sad and dissapointed that he didnt get to have any fun.

He did sting me once though, hurt like h3ll!

:D we have these questions on the different forums but wanted to see all of the catagories ........post a picture too......
ine are my tangs 8)

Attachments

• 2_004_176.jpg
    2_004_176.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 18
My favorite fish are my two Plecos. I have a small Clown Pleco named Mack in my 55 gal, who I have yet to get a good picture of, and a Blue Panaque Pleco named Elvis in my 90 gal. Here is a pic of Elvis

Attachments

• elvis1_342.jpg
    elvis1_342.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom