Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-14-2015, 05:55 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

To be quite honest: Nothing!! Tanks are work and spending money and constant attention; all three things I hate!!

But it's all made worthwhile when you come home from work, sprinkle some food in the tank, and watch the cats get nuts on some flake.

Also pondering just how big I could get these guys to grow... Would love to see them get over 5", but LA says 5 is about max... But, they're going to have a much larger environment in the future and will only be sharing it with a generic pleco, and without any other fish to compete with, they ought to grow up big and fat and eat whole earthworms as treats!

Anyways, tank keeping sucks. :P

- CK

Old 05-14-2015, 10:33 AM   #12
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Lol - I think parcels arriving and trying out new gadgets would have to be up there

Mainly just watching what they get up to for me.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

a) plants. I looooove plants. I would never have a cichlid tank cause, plants. (I hate outdoor gardening)
b) science stuff. SCIENCE, *****!
c) tinkering/gadgets/working in my tanks
Old 05-15-2015, 06:16 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by threnjen View Post
a) plants. I looooove plants. I would never have a cichlid tank cause, plants. (I hate outdoor gardening)
b) science stuff. SCIENCE, *****!
c) tinkering/gadgets/working in my tanks
Don't rule out all cichlids because of plants. Rams, kribs, apistos, etc
Old 05-15-2015, 10:30 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

I enjoy many of the things others have already mentioned. I love the science aspect and working to create and support a healthy environment in my tanks. I love learning about both fish and plants. I enjoy watching my fish and plants thrive, and troubleshooting when problems arise.

I hate hauling buckets of water and having soggy shirts
Old 05-15-2015, 10:56 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I love the beauty of the fish, shrimp and plants, the sound of the running water, an inexpensive pet, and how the fish are seemingly swimming through air.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:21 AM   #17
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

What is your favorite thing about fishkeeping?

This is going to sound a bit smug but I think fish/plant keeping is about the toughest challenge there is out of the normal range of pets. We're part vet, science professor, artist, chemist, environmental director and general workbody.

The garden out the back I put some ferts on and water. That's it, fruit arrives and I guess pruning/netting. I know it's more complex but most of my garden problems I can solve easily.

Love other pets and love when the cat sits out the front for a pat but this is a greater challenge, although not tinkering and stopping from buying more stuff is a downside (sort of &#128526.

Oh yeah, and there's great forums like this one where i can talk about aquarium stuff and not have to shake people awake or promise bribes...
Old 05-16-2015, 12:48 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

I also like that I can sound smart by talking about biology, chemistry, and things like that. 😄
Old 05-23-2015, 10:49 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looking at their adorable little faces, watching them eat, among other things, and watching our shrimp glide around the tank... they sure are amusing!

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com