What is Your Fish's Wierd Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qb6fire

Aquarium Advice Freak
A week ago i got my first fish a firefish... saved the lil guy at the lfs after he just fell short of jumping from tank to tank.
Anyways the last two nights ive noticed with me not having a timer and turning the tank lights off at night at dark once the lights go out in the house(tank lights on) my fish goes to his night time hide out.

Is the fish just tired or does it recognize the timezone in which the house in ran?

Thats my story now lets hear yours

Any substantial decrease in light level may trigger a "hide for the night" mentality.
Weird behavior? Hmm. Well, my clownfish hosts a feather duster worm. Though lately, she's been eyeing the anemone. She even sucked on a tentacle the other day, and wiggled in it today, though she is back to the feather duster now.

Ha thats pretty funny to suck on it like she was tasting it out i mean testing it

I did some reading on it. Sometimes they do this when the current is strong. Just grab hold and relax. Other times, they will do it to make the anemone curl up and lay eggs beneath it. But neither of those seem to apply here.

Thats good info to know and if only the reason to your fishes will be discovered

My guppies 'kiss' the front glass when they are hungry
No I didn't train them lol

MacDracor said:
Any substantial decrease in light level may trigger a "hide for the night" mentality.
Weird behavior? Hmm. Well, my clownfish hosts a feather duster worm. Though lately, she's been eyeing the anemone. She even sucked on a tentacle the other day, and wiggled in it today, though she is back to the feather duster now.

How cute!

Back
Top Bottom