What Is Your Job?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a Real Estate Agent for over 10 years and in my opinion, there is no better profession. We work on commission which means that we get paid purely on production (sale=money). You have a very flexible schedule and enjoy a large degree of autonomy. You can choose to work hard and make a LOT of money... or not. It's your decision. Obviousy, this career would not be as lucrative in certain markets. In general, the larger the market, the more you can make. I would encourage any of our members that are currently dissatisfied with their career paths to check it out. Just go to the classes, get your license, then choose who you want to work for. While money may not buy happiness, it sure makes life a lot easier. :D :D

Well, my Mom want me to be a Real Estate Agent because they make alot of money. That is why I started this thread.

IF you are good at selling houses. :wink:

I manage a pet and live fish department at Wally World. I also am studying as a biology major in college. Makes me wish I got paid to go to school, for sure.

My only advice, is to save, save, and then save some more. I do well, but I also try not to blow my money on things either...hard to do at times. :roll:

I am the general manager of an autobody shop. Family owned, 3 generations and 60 years. Very lucrative and also the only thing I could ever imagine doing. I love my job. :D

I work out at a place called Reunion Ranch. the place that i work at hosts parties and i serve drinks. (non alcoholic ones..) it pays. its not the best pay that ive gotten. but it buys fishy supplies. :lol:

I am a full time student working on my RN. I love Nursing, Right now i work as a Nurse-tech at a local hospital. It pays really good, but i only work part time, once im a Registered Nurse, then i will be making the big bucks. My Hubby works full time as a "Sales Rep" for a Spanish Food Distributing company.. basically, he is a Vendor.. LOL, but it makes good money on commission. he is in school part time for his business and teaching degree. We pay our bills and scrape by, but I got my tank for free, tank and stand was given to me and i bought the filter, decor, fish, etc. But i have to save to buy anything, and i haven't been able to get that canister filter i oh so want... and i have to admit that right now money is tight, but i LOVE what i do, its awesome, and i wouldn't work a desk job for anything in the world. I like helping people, i like medicine, i like sticking people with needles, oops did i say that outloud :mrgreen: Btw, when a nurse says "I hate to do this,but its thedoctors order" They are lying, they love it :twisted:

AshleyNicole said:
i like sticking people with needles, oops did i say that outloud. Btw, when a nurse says "I hate to do this,but its the doctors order" They are lying, they love it

Aha! Just as I always suspected....LOL. Kudos to you for admitting it.

If you have 'the touch' and if you are willing to devote 12-14 hours daily for the first 10-15 years or so.

I would define "the touch" as a friendly, outgoing personality with a strong work ethic. Product knowledge will come with time and experience. It doesn't take that long. That is what it takes to be successful in any line of sales, and Real Estate is no exception. Toirtis is right... 12-14 hour days are very commonplace (and don't forget weekends), but if you truly love your profession, a 12 hour day goes by incredibly fast. I often wonder where my day has gone... there is still so much to do! Again, it depends upon the market in where you live. If it took 10-15 years, you've picked the wrong profession, and you'll know it a lot sooner than that.

IndyReefMan said:
If it took 10-15 years, you've picked the wrong profession, and you'll know it a lot sooner than that.

By that I mean the people that are really making the $....the guys regularly listing and closing 7-figure properties....and that takes a reputation that takes time to build.

Hmmm... too much work for me, i can work 3-4 12 hour shifts in one week and be perfectly happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom