Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Rodeo one View Post
I ll set the bar higher so no one has to be the 'oldest'. I m 57 & work as a veterinary technician/supervisor in a busy 3 doctor mixed animal practice. I recently sold my horses & set up a 50g FW planted tank. My husband raises tortoises, we have 6 cats & a silly Doberman. Have 2 more tanks ready to set up. This thread was a fun idea!
It was a fun idea haha i was just laying there in bed and thought of it I didn't say what pets I got haha we have a cat a border collie two dingo cross bullmastiff pups and a rainbow lorekeet I have a coral banded shrimp in my nano tank and a community freshwater tank

Darylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm 25 and I work as a machinist, I make tools and drills for Boeing, bell helicopter and many other large companies. No kids just 2 55g tanks and a dog. O and a very understanding girlfriend lol

msumpter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm 42, and I'm in the Air Force (kudos to the otherAir Force bet that posted). I currently teach at the Air Force Academy. I have four tanks set up. A 66 gallon saltwater reef tank (beginning stages), 40 gallon freshwater misc tank (mostly cichlids, but also has two feeder goldfish that grew too big before anyone would eat them), a 125 gallon tanganyikan cichlid tank, and a 140 gallon saltwater predator tank. I built the the 140 out of plywood, and it is my pride and joy. Very happy it held water as it was my first go 'round building a tank. I'll go bigger next time!!!
Airgoose2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Yorkie named duke and a black and white cat named moo. (my 2 year old brother named him)
fishfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak
lets just say for age, I been keeping fish Since Hendrix ruled the radio waves... lol. My dad got me into the hobby with an old stainless steel framed 20 gal. Been in the hobby on and off since. Have had Everything from a pond, to Cichlids, and salt reef.
I work for Caterpillar in the heat treat area, currently as batch Carb. operator. Spent 4 years sailing over fish in the Navy, and did some awesome snorkeling trips on reef all over the Pacific from the Great Barrier Reef, to reefs off the Marianas and the Philippines.
When I ain't playin in my tanks, or at work, I am an artist, fisherman, shooter, or just listening to music....
I sit up at night and worry about this: what if bettas get big as sharks???
98kshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm a 19 year old college student studying civil engineering. Nothing really got me into fish I just decided one day that it sounded fun and jumped right in. My dad kept fish for a long time though so it was easy to get started (as long as I ignored his bad stocking advice). Other than fish I only have a dog. I am part of a sorority and am currently the financial vice president. Outside of school I build dollhouses. Between my dollhouses and my newfound love of fish I guess I just pick expensive hobbies.
25 gallon community - cardinal tetras, cories, honey gourami, GBR
10 gallon - betta, otos, ADFs
2.5 gallon betta tank
2.5 gallon RCS tank
DragonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm 24 and an Electrical Engineer for Kimberly Clark down here in South Carolina. Been working for almost a year. I have 4 tanks up and running with a 75 and 125 waiting to be set up when I move into a house! I also have two ridiculously silly dogs. One is an 8 lb silver dapple Dachshund named Eve and the other is a 120 lb black Great Dane named Luna. They are a sight to see
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left."
Aquatic_Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I'm 23 and I am working as a waitress, although I'm looking for a new job. Something that will actually utilize my BA in psych (graduated college almost a year ago) but at the very least a job in a better restaurant. I'm hoping to start grad school at sometime within the next year but I'm trying to get some money saved up and taking a well deserved break from school. I'm 23 and I've spent 20 of those years in school. No other pets right now (landlord doesn't allow them) but I have had many dogs, cats, and a couple rabbits in the past. I really miss having furry pets. Not married, no kids, but I have a wonderful boyfriend who is incredibly supportive of my fishkeeping addiction.
Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict
With all these engineers I would like to change my job description from stay at home mom to domestic engineer. Or maybe executive of domestic operations. Whatcha think? Sounds more professional right? Hey?
Mlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I'm 26, I work as a dialysis tech in south Texas. My mom use to have a 55gal tank when I was a kid, one day last month I just randomly stopped at a pet smart and walked out with a tank, four snails, and three ghost shrimp. I've added two more shrimp, three black fin tetras, and an albino plecos. I'm already planning for a 20-30gal tank.

Snail87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com