Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2013, 01:09 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan88 View Post
I am 15. I have always loved animals of any kind. I have a business where i draw portraits of people's pets - Pawsome Pet Portraits.
I learned almost everything i know about fish from my dad. When I was little, my parents got me a goldfish. Then my dad (who has always liked fish tanks) got a 20 gallon community freshwater tank. About three years ago, he pretty much just left for work and came home with a 130 gallon tank! so I have kinda been doing the fish tank thing my whole life... But I just finally got my OWN 10 gallon tank, which I hope to upgrade to at least a 30 gallon.
Great job on the portraits!!!! Very impressive

Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm really old (50). I work as a fish taxonomist (classifying and identifying fishes) and natural history museum curator. I started keeping fish when I was five, and intend to continue keeping them until I'm too old to see them. (In other words, a couple more years.)

Tony

Old 04-10-2013, 02:10 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm 28 and I own a small business caring for horses and also provide behavior modification for dogs. My background has all been animal related since age 18, when I worked as a corporate receptionist at the HQ for a huge gym and was in charge of the VP's emails and errand ***** for all the big wigs in each department. WORST JOB EVER! Except the mail room manager kept a Betta fish on my desk since he didn't have a desk and I fed the little guy for him. Thanks mail guy! That led me to this hobby technically.

Next job I took was at a dog kennel (art store, bartender, trail-riding guide, some other gigs during college) where I moved in central California .
- I groomed pets at a nice mom'n'pop kennel
-I found a job in rescue work and I did a lot of training and scouting for new owners while I exercised a pack of 10-15 goldens.
-a full time receptionist gig at a vet hospital when we managed to move our rescues all into foster care. I loved the customers but its a very emotional job and death is so hard to deal with for me, so I choose to leave and set out on my own.

3 years later, I can handle the "dog walker" cliche and just be happy I never doubted my instinct to work with pets. I make great relationships and the appreciation from clients is the best reward. Also I have a bunch of furry friends than mean the world to me! I am an artist, and I tutor French for extra cash.

Fish88- you are massively talented! I want you to look up the artist Ramona Lowe, you remind me if her realism and whimsy with animal portraits.
She sells cards of her pet art and the vet hospital I worked at sent one to each bereaved owner.

Your pony looks exquisite! Upscale lady and baby boutiques will sell your art and you only need to make sure you charge Enough! Ill look u up online or link us all to your website or gallery.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I am 28, i am enlisted in the airforce currently in okinawa japan. I schedule the flying and maintenace for the aircraft that we have here. Currently have 5 tanks, 90, 75, 40 and two 15 gal. I like to work on cars(own a nissan s-14) and of course fish.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice FINatic

First of all thank you To all the vets and ones currently serving! We wouldn't be able to enjoy what we do or how we live without you!

I'm 28 and currently finishing up my degree in marine biology, with a focal on aquariums and filtration. I have three tanks at my house and a fourth in the works. 135 reef, 90 gallon predator, and a 5 gallon pico. Working on a seahorse and pipe fish tank.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh View Post
I'm 28 and I own a small business caring for horses and also provide behavior modification for dogs. My background has all been animal related since age 18, when I worked as a corporate receptionist at the HQ for a huge gym and was in charge of the VP's emails and errand ***** for all the big wigs in each department. WORST JOB EVER! Except the mail room manager kept a Betta fish on my desk since he didn't have a desk (my lobby was like an airplane hangar) and I fed the little guy for him.

Next job I took was at a dog kennel and I groomed pets. The volunteering I did in high school was at the humane society and I have always "preferred" fuzzy customers than human ones. That was fun but I found a job in rescue work and I did a lot of training and scouting for new owners while I exercised a pack of 10-15 goldens.

Hmmmm, that became a full time receptionist gig at a vet hospital when we managed to move our rescues all into foster care. I loved the customers but its a very emotional job and death is so hard to deal with for me, so I choose to leave and set out on my own.

3 years later, I can handle the "dog walker" cliche and just be happy I never doubted my instinct to work with pets. I make great relationships and the appreciation from clients is the best reward. Also I have a bunch of furry friends than mean the world to me! I am an artist, and I tutor French for extra cash.

Fish88- you are massively talented! I want you to look up the artist Ramona Lowe, you remind me if her realism and whimsy with animal portraits.
She sells cards of her pet art and the vet hospital I worked at sent one to each bereaved owner.

Your pony looks exquisite! Upscale lady and baby boutiques will sell your art and you only need to make sure you charge Enough! Ill look u up online or link us all to your website or gallery.
Thanks ok I will. It's actually my friends miniature horse. They are smaller than ponies. But thanks so much! this is my website:
www.pawsomepetpirtraits.blogspot.com
Old 04-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #47
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
I'm 50-something and work in the IT Dept at a nuclear power plant.
Setup my 1st freshwater tank about 30 yrs ago and have had a saltwater reef tank for over 25 yrs.
Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmkb02 View Post
First of all thank you To all the vets and ones currently serving! We wouldn't be able to enjoy what we do or how we live without you!
That just needed said again.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan88 View Post

Thanks ok I will. It's actually my friends miniature horse. They are smaller than ponies. But thanks so much! this is my website:
www.pawsomepetpirtraits.blogspot.com
Just wanted to say that I think your art is amazing. You really have a lot of talent.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thank you

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com