what kind of fishkeeping do you like best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evilameba

Aquarium Advice Activist
in your opinion? be it cichlids, specific biotopes, marine, invertebrates, goldfish and koi, ponds, general communities, natives, specific species, etc. just which one is the best! ( please dont post FW communities the best if you only have ever kept Fw communities or anything like that please)

i'm so sorry someone recently posted a very similar question! i really did not realize it! so sorry

also how do i make a voting thingie?

there are so many different kinds of communities thats endless. like my 120 i been doing a big mix of just small nano fish. nothing in there under 2 inch plus they are all fish you dont normally find.

i am also a big fan of inverts and now species only plecos. as long as it can go in with plants. i think its a little easier for me to say what i dont like.

i dont like sw goldfish koi. i dont like common community set up. not a fan of big fish or most African cichlids....

I've been really liking my platies. Active, peaceful colorful fish.

I also like the 2 marble angels I have in my community tank. I am thinking of setting up a tank just for angels.

there are so many different kinds of communities thats endless. like my 120 i been doing a big mix of just small nano fish. nothing in there under 2 inch plus they are all fish you dont normally find.

How do you find fish not commonly found? I have issues finding any fish like that around here.

As for me personally, all of the above pretty much. I can't say i like keeping SW yet because i have not started my first 1 yet. And i really dislike koi and goldfish.

How do you find fish not commonly found? I have issues finding any fish like that around here.

As for me personally, all of the above pretty much. I can't say i like keeping SW yet because i have not started my first 1 yet. And i really dislike koi and goldfish.

Ex wife said my daughter was vacillating between gold fish and platies. Errr, I will be bummed if she only wants gold fish!

buy them from over seas or the local wholesalers here. there is also online.

CICHLIDS :) i love my cichlids, getting rid of all my "community" fish and putting only cichlids in ... theyre amazing to watch

Am I the only one on the planet not into cichlids? Don't get me wrong, they are OK and all but they just don't do it for me. Guess that is why they have different flavor ice cream.

Am I the only one on the planet not into cichlids? Don't get me wrong, they are OK and all but they just don't do it for me. Guess that is why they have different flavor ice cream.
no theres at least a couple other people who dont like them lol... i just think they are really fun to watch and see how they interact... im slowly easing towards sw, but for now, ill keep my cichlids ;)

I like FW and SW.

As far as cichlids, I mostly prefer SA/CAs, and especially SA dwarfs and anything kind of hard to find (like our F0 rotkeil severum pair :D). Mbuna just don't really do it for me in general, but I love Tanganyikan cichlids. I haven't yet run across the opportunity to keep many of them, but they are awesome fish.

I enjoy SW a ton, but I don't think I'll ever give up FW. A nice planted tank is just as beautiful to me as a reef tank.

wow these are all pretty cool replies! i like natives (north america) and a currently have a small bowfin. i also have a large community tank of the usuals, you know. but im trying to get a planted tank. there just isnt alot of selection n my area. i would also like a reeef tank like just about everyone here who does not have one. but thats gonna have to wait a while! i would like to try cichlids, but i would need more space for tanks...

I prefer sw reef biotopes and especially with predatory fish. For fw, high-end animals such as stingrays, arowanas, etc. and still enjoy discus and regional biotopes.

hehehe, yeah I like my plateys.

I was looking at the new piece of driftwood in my tank (attached a plant to it). They know that I am outside the tank and follow the mighty hand god who gives them food :).

Sort of funny to see them notice me and swim over to where I am and they school around all trying to show off for me.

I am the same way. I have rams, but I am not really into the rest of the cichlids.

I also like both fw and sw.

to me it's a matter of aesthetics, something about the platey's under bite looking jaw and way their body moves as they swim.

I prefer species only tanks or oddball tanks.

I've kept just about everything but SW, including BW.

i like alot but the most fun tank to watch is my fantails and black moors tank
or my platty molly betta tank every color under the moon in that tank

Back
Top Bottom