What should I do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freshwatergal

Aquarium Advice Freak
I posted this topic in here because I want everyone's opinion. I have an extra 20 gal long tank and probably two 10 gal tanks just sitting up in the attic. I already have a 20 gal hi tank set up. I want to set up another tank! But don't know if I should go SW or stay with FW. I was thinking of setting up the 20 gal for puffers...then I was thinking of setting up the 20 gal for SW. Any help, opinions, or whatever would be greatly appreciated. Also if you vote for SW, let me know what I might need to get started, as I am new to the SW world. Thanks again guys!! 8O

Keep in mind for beginners in saltwater, the bigger the tank the better. Not to discourage or say you can't do it, but unless you are very diligent with maintenence, it is usually a good idea for your first sw tank to be pretty big.

That said, there are some REALLY COOL 20L in here. So if you wanna really cool tank, and have a little dough to spend, tyr the SW. Just be ready for a lot of work! ;)

:hat:

If you are thinking of going SW, I strongly suggest getting "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" bt Robert Fenner, and read that before doing anything. Awesome book; you can get it at BigAls as well as Amazon, and will answer a lot of questions, even the ones you haven't thought to ask yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom