What started your fish Hobby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacyz

Aquarium Advice Activist
What started everyone's fish obsession? When I was younger my dad raised angel fish we had a lot of tanks around... lol I've always loved fish but a few yrs ago I had to sell out my dad needed me he got sick... soni am now starting all over... my dad has recently passed away an now I'm trying all over again...

☆☆ FISH LOVER ★★

Very nice:) I used to have tanks when I was a kid too.. About 8 months ago I walked into my Lfs and laid eyes on an apisto gramma cacatouides "double red"... It's been downhill ever since.. 4 tanks later, I'm barely hanging on here haha..

I would have more if the husband would Let me... lol I want a good community tank really bad. .. lol

☆☆ FISH LOVER ★★

For me it was my wife. She's allergic to everything with fur, but wanted a pet. She had to harass me for years to get the tank, but now that we have it I love it.

I had tanks growing up as well once in high school I fell out of having a tank well I got my own place also got married we can't have a cat since my wife is allergic and dogs aren't allowed at my apartment complex I had a 10g tank that used have a stick bug I set that well here I am 2 years later I've now got a 55g at a year old in June, the same 10 waiting to be repurposed a 5g betta tank and plans for breeding rack gor livebearers and plant grow out in the works once I sell my 100g

Sent from my DROID4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Working and being a full time student I was under a lot of stress and wanted an escape. I love plants and fish but when I started googling aquascape images I knew it was what I wanted.

Swimming. Led naturally to the study of aquatic life. My step-dad over ten years ago setup a 125g salt tank, then gifted me a 55g the following Christmas. I'm surprised I could afford the maintenance back then. Carrying two 5g bottles up three flights of stairs from the RO/DI dispenser at the local HEB was a huge pain in the are. Disassembled when I moved, and only recently have I had the stability to start back up again. Owning my own home and caring for the yard made me go freshwater and, eventually hope to go full planted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had tanks a few time an sell them an restart... it seems like a Hobby you can never get out of... lol

☆☆ FISH LOVER ★★

I remember when I was young, about 3-4, my mom had fish tanks.. I think I remember her having 4 or 5 aquariums going at one time. When we moved, she ended up giving them away and there was no more fish until I was about 15 or 16, when I gained interest in them on my own. I quickly became addicted and had 3 of my own tanks until I was 19 years old, when my mom passed away. I couldn't keep interested in them for some reason. Then I ended up getting married and some years later, here I am.. I've been stuck on the hobby again for about 6 months now. I have two tanks going and want more!!

Once my dad passed away in OCT I wanted my fish again... he always loved community tanks

☆☆ FISH LOVER ★★

I started two years ago when me and a couple neighbors started keeping crawdads in a ten gallon on our porch. Eventually got a filter for it and a heater and then got moved inside at the end of summer and upgraded to a 20. Got a 55 for Christmas a year later and it's now been set up for a year and a half and going strong. It's a great hobby.:)

Back
Top Bottom