What the heck, not sure about this....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tattoed_alex

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sharks in nanos?

View attachment 268954
Anybody have an opinion on this? Purposely stunting a fishs growth just to keep them in a small tank? Sharks and tangs in 10 gallons? I really hope that people would be smart and decent enough not to try this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
got an e-mail ad from MarineDepot for this stuff.
Not so sure about it and I can just imagine the ridicoulous stuff some folks may attempt;

Have you ever wanted to keep a big tang, grouper or even a shark in your home aquarium? Now you can!

Introducing Pisces Minimus from Deknarp Biogenics, a revolutionary new aquarium supplement that safely and effectively prevents marine life from growing. Just add a few drops of this groundbreaking formula to your aquarium each day and your livestock will remain the same size!

Proprietary bioactive hormone suppressors combined with ionic elasticizers infuse the bone structure of fish to block the absorption of calcium and minerals which prevents them from growing.

Now you can keep a shark in an aquarium as small as 10 gallons or a naso tang in your nano reef!

what do you guys think of this?

Good god....

The goldfish analogy might've gone a little too far here...

That doesn't sound right. It would be cool but could almost guarantee health problems.

Can't be serious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with it so long as the fish is able to live a full healthy life. I may even be interested once there's more proof supporting that you can successfully keep a shark small with out any side effects

its an april fools prank....

on another note theres no way stunting a fish and "full and healthy life" go together.... period.

Sorry for any inconvenience guys. Had a couple threads about the same April Fool's prank and merged them. It didn't go smoothly, but made it work in the end.

Oh, and it is an outrage to keep a shark in a nano!
But look, coral seeds!
48667-albums11511-picture68679.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for any inconvenience guys. Had a couple threads about the same April Fool's prank and merged them. It didn't go smoothly, but made it work in the end.

Oh, and it is an outrage to keep a shark in a nano!
But look, coral seeds!
48667-albums11511-picture68679.jpg

fresh, salt, or nano!

im going to make a tomato coral garden!

Oh boy! Freshwater corals!! Where do u send the envelope of cash??

Oh boy! Freshwater corals!! Where do u send the envelope of cash??

Wouldn't the molys pick over the coral until there's nothing left?

Sent from my Android with one arm in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom