What to do on a Wed night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flipz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my fiance will be gone on Wednesday night, and I need something to do! I hate being at home when she's out. :?

I'm trying to find ideas on what I could do. I live in a small town so there isn't anywhere fun to go. Not to mention I'm not going to go to a bar or club or something without her. It's winter so I can't go roam around some park. I don't have any money to spend so I can't go to a movie alone (although that is more depressing than staying home alone! haha), and every one of my friends within a 1 hr radius is busy.

Anyone have ideas on what I can do? I'm talking about serious ideas too. I get depressed sitting at home alone. :roll:

-brent

PS- going to an aquarium isn't really a good answer because the closest one is 1.5+ hours, i don't have the money for a ticket, plus im talking about like 9pm and later at night.

Go to the library and sit in a comfy chair and read all of the cool reference books on fish and aquariums :D

Ok here are my ideas:

Rent a guy movie! Explosions, car chases, aliens, or whatever. My wife likes to rent "chick flicks" when I am not home so I figured two can play at that game.

Cook yourself a nice dinner. It may sound silly but it takes time to make something really nice. Try something new. If it turns out good, you can make it the next time you have company.

The guy movie is a pretty good idea. Granted it still means me sitting at home, but at least it's something different to do. I think it will be my backup plan. haha

As far as cooking, I actually love to cook and do it all the time. I cook something new almost every week, and generally it's "gourmet" stuff that takes time to prepare... so nothing new in that. heh. But I rarely ever cook when it's just for me, because I find it hard to actually enjoy my own food. Don't ask me why. lol

-brent

clean out and organize all of your closets and cabinets. Not only time consuming and free, it would be a great surprise for her when she gets home!

Meredith has a good idea -- I was going to suggest that too. Time passes really fast when you're cleaning and scrubbing, and before you know it, your fiance will be home and she'll be very happy with what you did!

Sounds like the perfect excuse for poker with the guys.

Jugar video juegos(play video games) thats the only way to go

or sit on your computer and talk to us or take MANY pictures of your tank

You could drive down and help me with the baby. :) Wife will be out of the hosue most of tommorow night.

As far as poker goes... texas hold'em is one of my favorite things to play. But unfortunatly like I said all the guys are busy! It's mid-terms for us college kids! haha

liquid: sure... i only took spanish 1 as a freshman in HS and passed with a 72 by using babblefish. that was about 7 years ago... trust me to do it? haha

For video games... they don't entertain me for more than 3 mins. :cry:

I guess my only choice is to help fishfreek with the baby! On my way!! :wink:

-brent

i can do your spanish homework i have a 102%

Espanol es MUY facil para me

hmmm ... could always see if any local finer dining restaurants would do a wine tasting experience

Am I the only one supremely jealous of this particular dilemma? What I would give for a night on my own to do something just for me!! Be grateful for time to yourself to just BE yourself - before too long you'll forget who "yourself" is.... uh oh, did I say that out loud :wink:

hmmm... Im kind of in the same situation TG
My hubby is gone ALL week. and after I get done with the dishes, kitchen floor, laundry, clean all three bathrooms, give the dog a bath, do my water changes/vacuum gravel, vacuum real floors, make the beds, put the laundry away, pay the bills, balance the check book, make dinner, check whats going on in AA,
THEN I can sit down to try to figure out what to do... but usually I fall asleep before I figure that out.

BTW, this is all AFTER I get home from work at 5pm and help my daughter do homework...
shew, Im getting tired just reading that 8O

You could go to your local gym and work out...go to barnes and noble (or equivalent), read books and sip a hot drink from their cafe....are there any local classes, wine tastings, store openings, etc. in your local area? Those type of things are fun. Local museums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom