What to do with dead fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TheCrazyFishLady said:
Wow, this thread did get off topic. haha

I feel bad returning dead fish. I always feel like a murderer on trial. I attempted to have guppies once and every single one died. Had to return five dead guppies to Petco. They did not approve.

Why do you feel bad returning them? Especially when your water parameters are all in check. Also why did they not approve? What did they say?

I have a field right next to my house, so I get my Dad to scoop out the fish, and then throw it over. Gently. Then we have a one minute silence, when it was a White Cloud Minnow we didn't bother so much with the silence. You can't actually see the fish because the grass is really long. So it doesn't look bad.

Why do you feel bad returning them? Especially when your water parameters are all in check. Also why did they not approve? What did they say?

The number of fish being returned was the issue. But, there is a fish guy that works there that has a crush on me and did an over-ride.

I just feel like it's subjecting them to more of a good than an animal. I am just a little weird when it comes to fish, I guess. I see them as if they are my babies. That's why I want to start preserving mine.

-

So, back to the molds, has anyone looked into the prices? I went to Michaels yesterday and they have epoxy mold mix that was thirteen dollars for just a small amount! I did not realise how much this would cost. I think I would look into making your own. I'm hoping that will be cheaper.

This was the item I found: Castin' Craft Clear Casting Resin with Catalyst

Back
Top Bottom