Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriznat20
All I can say is, Aquarium Advice has come a lonnnnnngg way even from a few years ago!!

A topic like this one came up in the past and it was heated, hot, and unpleasant. Many members were fire-eyed and very outspoken when it came to the subject of what to do with your aquarium fish once they pass on.

Personally, I feel its a personal choice and every pet owner has their reasons and do what they do to help themselves best cope with the loss of a pet. If you flush, bury, cremate, preserve - thats your thing, then who am I to judge?
Well said

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Chriznat20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimsWithFish View Post
Well said

I did notice that the negative posters in the past threads on said subject, well they arent around much any more... funny how things work out

Old 11-18-2011, 11:12 PM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow! You've been a member for years! Are you just now returning?

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #74
Aquarium Advice Freak

I use to flush my dead fish, never thinking about what killed them or if they were sick. But since reading and learning about possibly passing along disease or harming the native wild life, I now put them in an recycled butter container with a lid and place them in the trash.(I don't even know if this is better or not?) but I do know I'm not introducing sickness to local fishies!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #75
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm no moderator or anything but we really are getting off sub...
1.0 JD (JD Club #1!)
6.9 Guppies
0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
KonvictKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:42 PM   #76
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef-thief
take it to the pet store. Scoop out a live one and throw the dead one in. If they catch onto you just tell them that it looks as if its a bit more of their problem and a lot less of yours.
Is it common to carry fish to ur lfs. I take my dog but usually the finned friends stay at home. Lol.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, if my fish dies before the return policy is up im getting a new one
Old 11-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #78
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonvictKeeper View Post
I'm no moderator or anything but we really are getting off sub...
Indeed.

Please keep this thread ON TOPIC. If the title isn't a good enough reminder, this thread is about disposal of dead fish... not about eating cats, dogs, horses, etc.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:46 AM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict

Somebody said something about a dog so I had to put in my though but I did not realize it would get this bad. I apologize.
As for the return policy thing agree. But I haven't had that happen really other then one berry tetra which I was iffy about when it was netted. The next one was much better
Old 11-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow, this thread did get off topic. haha

I feel bad returning dead fish. I always feel like a murderer on trial. I attempted to have guppies once and every single one died. Had to return five dead guppies to Petco. They did not approve.

Anyway, I'm glad no one has had an issue with the previously discussed topics. Losing a pet is very hard and everyone deals with death differently. I'm not trying to knock any of the previous ideas, but trying to figure out the best ideas for preserving dead fish for their particular sizes.

Now, one thing tht I have seen is the differences between salt and fresh water fish. They dry out to be very different because of their scales and the oils and all.

Has anyone ever preserved a salt water fish? We've only discussed freshwater thus far and I think it would be interesting to see any differences with the other side.

Tags
dead, dead fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com