What would you do with a 20 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread just keeps getting more and more off topic- is it even aquaria off topic anymore?

Idk. Started out that way and then drifted up to New England where a treasure chest of tanks was discovered and followed by a horde of tank acquisitionisters (made up that word) vying for the kings blessings.
Anyhow, if it gets back on topic I'd do something different like a paludarium. Tropical bog and various emerged plants, inverts, a few nano fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Idk. Started out that way and then drifted up to New England where a treasure chest of tanks was discovered and followed by a horde of tank acquisitionisters (made up that word) vying for the kings blessings.
Anyhow, if it gets back on topic I'd do something different like a paludarium. Tropical bog and various emerged plants, inverts, a few nano fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
That's a really cool idea! Way more creative than what I'm doing. How do you even set up a tank like that in a 20?

Yah fresh. . Palandarium with those air plants!! that's on my list too haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yah fresh. . Palandarium with those air plants!! that's on my list too haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am actually looking into doing a very easy version of this. Air plants are pretty much awesome. I just never seem to have enough focus combined with enough available extra income. I ended up with a spare 2.5g tank that I can't fill with water (reptile tank, not fish tank). Granted, a larger one would be better, but hey, I will take what I can get! Unless I get a new animal at the reptile convention this weekend....

I think these might be a little too big, but when you live closer to the water in Bridgeport, it takes people in Trumbull longer to get to the "secret" spot and get these. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412383257.268870.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412383283.757652.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412383306.123972.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412383319.561514.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

I am actually looking into doing a very easy version of this. Air plants are pretty much awesome. I just never seem to have enough focus combined with enough available extra income. I ended up with a spare 2.5g tank that I can't fill with water (reptile tank, not fish tank). Granted, a larger one would be better, but hey, I will take what I can get! Unless I get a new animal at the reptile convention this weekend....

Go native- costs next to nothing, my husband gets everything he needs for his turtle palludarium from the riverbed where he was rescued from. Homer, the blind in one eye old timer musk turtle, was dying of leech infestation, starvation and old age when he was found and brought to us. He is now a hand fed turtle geezer who loves to snap at the dither fish and gibbeceps that he resides with. Fortunately for the ditherers he only has one functional eye and cannot hunt to save his life, hence he was brought to us starving and infested. This isn't ideal for this discussion, though, but tadpoles and small net caught juvenile native fish lend themselves nicely to the cause.... It also gives you a great opportunity to get to know your surroundings and get out of the house a little bit.
Note- I would not recommend taking on rescued animals without having some experience in it first through volunteering at a local shelter or with an exotic pet pro and a ton of time and motivation.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom